"Wow Sale" starting tomorrow??

Is it just me or is the 'new' sale always the same one? Our cruise has gone up and down slightly but never much of a difference (and so far it hasn't gone down lower than our booking price)

Nope, it's not just you.

Is it just me or is the 'new' sale always the same one? Our cruise has gone up and down slightly but never much of a difference (and so far it hasn't gone down lower than our booking price)

Definitely not just you. I called to reprice our two connecting staterooms for December and one room had gone up a few hundred dollars and the other would have been a $10 discount through a combination of $140 additional cost offset by $150 OBC.

Definitely not just you. I called to reprice our two connecting staterooms for December and one room had gone up a few hundred dollars and the other would have been a $10 discount through a combination of $140 additional cost offset by $150 OBC.

Better than going up, but I don't even think the $10 will buy you a drink

Not really a "Sale" when it's Always on sale.....

Booked a May 2018 cruise on June 2, when they had an instant $150 off, no OBC. Today's WOW sale price, including the OBC, came out to $5 more. However, I did not get the reduced deposit.

Just checked our cruise on Oasis for May 2018. We booked during the 60% off 2nd passenger a few weeks ago. Price is still the same today with reduced deposit.

I am already booked without the sale but did a mock booking to see the difference. With the 60%off, I would pay almost 200.00 more than what I already paid. Not much of a sale in my opinion, They apparently adjust prices for each sale (several since I booked) that I have looked at to where you pay the same regardless of when you book.

Same here. We booked June 2nd, for a deluxe balcony on Freedom, and the same category is now $200 more.

I disagree! If the deposit is cut in half, then TO ME, it's on sale! Some of us don't have $750 set aside to book a cruise. :cool:

I had looked at the itinerary, and put it on a 24 hour hold, then the personal vacation planner called me and offered me half deposit and some other goodies, so I booked it then. 6/2

I just went onto the website to check out the prices. I found a sailing I liked and went to do a mock booking. It lists the price as $799pp. With 60% off that should make my second guest approximately $480, giving me a total of just under $1300. Taxes and port fees are listed at $100.04. The total listed at the top of the screen is almost $1800 and it does list the 60%/OBC/reduced deposit under the total. I did not go as far as putting in my guest info because I didn't want to somehow end up actually booking. Would the price have dropped if I'd gone further into the process or is my math screwed up on the deal? I've only sailed with RCI once so I'm not very familiar with their website and might be missing something.

I just went onto the website to check out the prices. I found a sailing I liked and went to do a mock booking. It lists the price as $799pp. With 60% off that should make my second guest approximately $480, giving me a total of just under $1300. Taxes and port fees are listed at $100.04. The total listed at the top of the screen is almost $1800 and it does list the 60%/OBC/reduced deposit under the total. I did not go as far as putting in my guest info because I didn't want to somehow end up actually booking. Would the price have dropped if I'd gone further into the process or is my math screwed up on the deal? I've only sailed with RCI once so I'm not very familiar with their website and might be missing something.

Usually the price they first show, in this case the $799, is a "starting at" price or an "as low as" price. Also, it is likely that the $799 example is AFTER all discounts.

The $799 price already has the 60% off the second guest factored in

The $799 price already has the 60% off the second guest factored in

Thanks! And thanks also to the poster above! Guess booking my "ABC" island cruise will have to wait at least until I get back from the one I already have booked.

We had our Adventure B2B in 2019 go down about $150. I think it may have to do with C&A balcony discount. With 60% coming off the second guest instead of 30% off both.....we get the full benefit.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Same here. Our B2B went down $160. However, the sale did not include the other 3 cruises we had booked. Whenever new sales are announced, I usually find they are applicable to specific dates and cruises. Some sales apply to any booking, while others apply to specific cruises.

$160 is good

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes. It certainly is good. :D. That cruise is an interior stateroom, so we really saved a lot for that category.

How are you two doing? If we didn't have so much going on this summer, we would probably be joining you two in October for Laura's Pinnacle cruise. Maybe we can join you two after we make Diamond in November.

Are you fully recovered from your back surgery? Hope so.

Enjoy your other cruises until then.

Bon Voyage

Judy & Al

Well, once again I am on the lucky end of things. Freedom 2/25/18 W. Caribbean went down for the 2nd time... saved another $198 on a solo D3 balcony. I do check prices regularly and saved $80 back in April as well. We book very early and almost always see some kind of price drop. Yay!

Is the reduced deposit only for 3-5 day cruises? I've priced several 7-9 day cruises and none of them showed a reduced deposit or OBC. The 5 day showed the reduced deposit but no OBC.

Sale is live but their site is messed up. The obc and reduced deposits is only showing for 3-5 day cruises lol

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

I booked Symphony for June 3, 2018 and originally had an ocean view (this was booked on 5/31/17 while on Allure). However with the sale, I was able to pay $70 more and get a balcony! For me, that was great!!! Now here is the kicker...my BIG STORE travel agent told me that I could save $325 by going with a group booking, however the caveat was that we would have to pay the full deposit immediately (we originally only paid $50 down, as we booked onboard). I thought about it and am still not sure if I am going to go with that one...however I did go with the balcony for $70 more. Unfortunately, we just booked Hawaii for our family of 4 for 8/16/17 and really did not want to give up additional money for a deposit.

I'm a little upset. I booked my cruise for the Oasis in the Wow sale and sent in my proof of stock ownership. I'll give them credit for responding immediately, to tell me the Wow sale is not combinable with shareholder benefits. Why even bother being a shareholder? That should be combinable with every deal.