Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

No but this particular poster i was replying to on a thread Royal testing new drinks package was a little insulting and a wine snob.

He was talking about me. The wine for Diamonds during cocktail hours is FREE and crappy for the most part but people will drink it only because it is FREE. Does that make me/us a wine snob?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But Royal continues to sail nearly full and prices continue to climb as do our stock holdings. We can see the effect your protest is having.

If the stocks continue to do well, you may be able to move up from RCI to sister line Celebrity or, better still, Azamara.

I agree.RC and P&O are in my signature and when posting on a Princess post i was told

What are you posting on our Threads for?.

My reply was ,We are Elite Princess loyalty members.

Nothing more was said.

Good for you! I didn't realize it was a prerequisite to be a chartered member of that cruise line in order to post on any cruise line forum. :rolleyes: Your answer was a lot nicer than what my reply back would have been. :evilsmile: BTW they obviously don't realize you are a RC DS.;)

He was talking about me. The wine for Diamonds during cocktail hours is FREE and crappy for the most part but people will drink it only because it is FREE. Does that make me/us a wine snob?

It was post#869 on that thread and the inference that people will drink crappy wine as long as it is in the price constraints of a package so why drink it at all.

In reflection i do agree with you.

I would never buy a drinks package but in the UK it is forced on us as free.

I just picked up the latest brochure and compared to the early brochure some 7 night balcony prices have gone up £400pp.

Good for you! I didn't realize it was a prerequisite to be a chartered member of that cruise line in order to post on any cruise line forum. :rolleyes: Your answer was a lot nicer than what my reply back would have been. :evilsmile: BTW they obviously don't realize you are a RC DS.;)

I know.That particular thread was before our brilliant Diamond Superior thread flaunting our C&A status.

It was post#869 on that thread and the inference that people will drink crappy wine as long as it is in the price constraints of a package so why drink it at all.

In reflection i do agree with you.

I would never buy a drinks package but in the UK it is forced on us as free.

I just picked up the latest brochure and compared to the early brochure some 7 night balcony prices have gone up £400pp.

Off topic but what I thought I said was.... in many DL/CL/SL there is a full bar... during Diamond Cocktail hours, IF you have the Drink Package, you may be able to get upgraded beers, liquor, and wine, from what is on the Diamond drink list. Caymus is not available within the constraints (limits) of the DP.

I drink very little wine but when we do, we prefer wines not within the constraints of the DP. I also like Scotch and it likes me too. Glenfiddich is not on Diamond list but is within the DP constraints as is Tito’s, to me, much better (smoother) than those liquors on the list. Only on Freedom CL, were we unable to have a preferred liquor. This only applies to the DP.

Maybe misunderstanding resulted from mentioning the DP within the Diamond FREE drinks time/constraints. Many Diamonds don’t know that you “may” be able to have better drinks in the Lounges outside of the list, with the DP.

I have never received a complimentary drink package in the US. I think only Star Class offers.

Off topic but what I thought I said was.... in many DL/CL/SL there is a full bar... during Diamond Cocktail hours, IF you have the Drink Package, you may be able to get upgraded beers, liquor, and wine, from what is on the Diamond drink list. Caymus is not available within the constraints (limits) of the DP.

I drink very little wine but when we do, we prefer wines not within the constraints of the DP. I also like Scotch and it likes me too. Glenfiddich is not on Diamond list but is within the DP constraints as is Tito’s, to me, much better (smoother) than those liquors on the list. Only on Freedom CL, were we unable to have a preferred liquor. This only applies to the DP.

Maybe misunderstanding resulted from mentioning the DP within the Diamond FREE drinks time/constraints. Many Diamonds don’t know that you “may” be able to have better drinks in the Lounges outside of the list, with the DP.

I have never received a complimentary drink package in the US. I think only Star Class offers.

They call them free for UK bookers but we all have to have it and the price of the drinks package is added into the cruise price so in reality they have sold everyone the drinks package.

They call them free for UK bookers but we all have to have it and the price of the drinks package is added into the cruise price so in reality they have sold everyone the drinks package.

I drink Johnny Walker Black Label 12 Year Scotch Whisky, and Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Family Reserve Bourbon 2014.

Are these in the drink package? If not, are they available single shot in the ship’s bars and lounges?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I drink Johnny Walker Black Label 12 Year Scotch Whisky, and Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Family Reserve Bourbon 2014.

Are these in the drink package? If not, are they available single shot in the ship’s bars and lounges?

Now your talking. I can’t even get a Bottle of Van Winkle in our local Total Wine Store. Very few stores carry it. I have not seen either above on any ship and I promise you it wouldn’t be within the limits of the DP.

These would make my call drinks crappy in comparison. [emoji23]

Now your talking. I can’t even get a Bottle of Van Winkle in our local Total Wine Store. Very few stores carry it. I have not seen either above on any ship and I promise you it wouldn’t be within the limits of the DP.

Glenmorangie scotch whisky is the best.

If the stocks continue to do well, you may be able to move up from RCI to sister line Celebrity or, better still, Azamara.

He'll have to upgrade from burlap scraps to real shoes too!

Do you have ANY idea who I am, by the way? Do you know who you are talking to?

Goodness....so many posts on this thread and y'all still thinking people are judging on what you wear! :DNope....the judgement is because you aren't following the "not permitted" language in the Compass! Sail on a ship that doesn't list "not permitted" and voila...everyone is happy and no need to judge you on "breaking the rules". :D

Well said.

The dress suggestion isn't a rule. Even RC doesn't call it a rule. Their website calls it a dress code and the Cruise Compass calls it suggested. Should it be followed? If so the staff needs to consistently enforce it. Speaking only for us, the suggested evening dress is never an issue or a concern what others are wearing.

A code is a set of rules about how people should behave or about how something must be done.

Why is it so difficult for people to comply with suggested dress?? Why do some think that they are exempt from the rules?? How about if we all just do whatever we want. Let’s share drink packages, serve alcohol to kids under 21, smoke wherever we want to, take toddlers into the adults only pool, save 10 chairs by the pool for a two hour lunch...... after all, aren’t we entitled to do as we please on OUR vacation????

He'll have to upgrade from burlap scraps to real shoes too!

Do you have ANY idea who I am, by the way? Do you know who you are talking to?

I think you are on the wrong thread.

Your words would have been appropriate on the,

I do flaunt my C&A status.lol.

Why is it so difficult for people to comply with suggested dress?? Why do some think that they are exempt from the rules?? How about if we all just do whatever we want. Let’s share drink packages, serve alcohol to kids under 21, smoke wherever we want to, take toddlers into the adults only pool, save 10 chairs by the pool for a two hour lunch...... after all, aren’t we entitled to do as we please on OUR vacation????

Put like that its hard to argue against.

You dress up for white night, 50's night, country music night, 70's party...?

My last experience in Royal Caribbean Oasis OTS is that the dress code is NOT respected and less the conduct code. A Kuwaiti with his harem of women and children doing the tantrum at night. Dogs in the dining room sharing the owner's plate. etc.

Johnny Walker Black is my DH drink of choice and has been available on every ship we have sailed on. We do not buy an alcohol package, but a single is around $9 and a double is around $13, so there should be no issues getting it with an alcohol package.

You dress up for white night, 50's night, country music night, 70's party...?

The cruise compass does not suggest a dress code for those events. Go look at your Cruise Compass. And while you are looking notice that on formal night, formal wear is NOT a suggested dress code. It simply says: TONIGHT’S DINNER DRESS: FORMAL

6e543fa25528d63b663cd0f1f113b201.jpg