Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

The cruise compass does not suggest a dress code for those events. Go look at your Cruise Compass. And while you are looking notice that on formal night, formal wear is NOT a suggested dress code. It simply says: TONIGHT’S DINNER DRESS: FORMAL

6e543fa25528d63b663cd0f1f113b201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread wasn't about formal nights, please start over from the original post. So I guess you are picking and choosing which theme nights to participate in?? Why would dinner be dressed up? That doesn't say anything about a particular venue anyways. you could have chosen to show the whole Compass where it will state suggestion. Anyways, its just a suggestion like hey if you want to play dress up, tonights okay for that (all nights are). Don't wait for the newsletter, dress to the 9's. Stop flying and boarding dressed like slobs!!

A code is a set of rules about how people should behave or about how something must be done.

Ok, I do know what codes, rules and suggestions mean. :rolleyes: Just pointing out the inconsistencies between what is posted on RCs website and what is published in the Cruise Compass on the ships.

Edited by davekathy

The cruise compass does not suggest a dress code for those events. Go look at your Cruise Compass. And while you are looking notice that on formal night, formal wear is NOT a suggested dress code. It simply says: TONIGHT’S DINNER DRESS: FORMAL

Once again RC is consistent at being inconsistent. We did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel April 2017 and each night the evening dress published in the Cruise Compass said, "tonight's dinner dress suggestion...". Does it really matter, no! Speaking only for us.

Why is it so difficult for people to comply with suggested dress?? Why do some think that they are exempt from the rules?? How about if we all just do whatever we want. Let’s share drink packages, serve alcohol to kids under 21, smoke wherever we want to, take toddlers into the adults only pool, save 10 chairs by the pool for a two hour lunch...... after all, aren’t we entitled to do as we please on OUR vacation????

People continue to confuse “rules” with “suggestions “. They are not the same. Comply?? It’s a suggestion.

All the other items you mentioned are “rules”.

1612795da1e5f6eb0bd5b722d6eef835.jpg

I do wear shorts for dinner.

This is us at our hotel in Tenerife last night.

This is the outside restaurant as inside is strict dress code.

Nice picture. You both look nice.

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

My last experience in Royal Caribbean Oasis OTS is that the dress code is NOT respected and less the conduct code. A Kuwaiti with his harem of women and children doing the tantrum at night. Dogs in the dining room sharing the owner's plate. etc.

Somehow I think someone is a bit prone to the dramatic. Seriously? I have never seen anyone brings dogs into the dining room.

1612795da1e5f6eb0bd5b722d6eef835.jpg

And, so do you think it’s ok to apply the same standard of dress dinning at a land based restaurant when you dine at dinner in the RCI’s Main Dining Room?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

And, do you think it’s ok to apply the same standard of dress dinning at a land based restaurant when you dine at dinner in the ship’s Main Dining Room?

Read the posts of grape27, do search if needed. I don't think in any posts about dress does he say thats how he or his wife dress for evening meals. In fact he has posted a number of photos showing his attire.

Read the posts of grape27, do search if needed. I don't think in any posts about dress does he say thats how he or his wife dress for evening meals. In fact he has posted a number of photos showing his attire.

Grape27? I did a search but could not find.

I saw posts where the poster and his family are dressed up.

So, in your opinion, what’s the point of the picture of him dressed in shorts? What point is he trying to make?

Thank you. And enjoy your day.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Nice picture. You both look nice.

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Thank you.

And, so do you think it’s ok to apply the same standard of dress dinning at a land based restaurant when you dine at dinner in the RCI’s Main Dining Room?

I dress like this in Longhorns in Orlando too.

On a night time if we sit inside in a restaurant anywhere i will wear trousers and shirt.

So, in your opinion, what’s the point of the picture of him dressed in shorts? What point is he trying to make?

The photo was to show that although i dress smart in MDR on the ship i also am not against wearing shorts on a night time in the appropriate locations.

It is Grapau27 not Grape27.

Graham & Pauline.

It's a slippery slope you are on grapau. Last night it was dress shorts in Tenerife, next thing you know it will be dress shorts in the MDR. :eek:

The fashion police have their eyes on you now. :D