Margaritaville: 14.99$ cover on Breakaway only?

AlexandNessa

Well, no lines, no wait, not many around at all on a sea day, last early November at 1 pm on the Breakaway ... aren't they supposed to change it again.

No kidding.

6f2b214227a715f19fb5660350fd05c1.jpg

091c4568d33a03a9ff143dfa4d071a18.jpg

Sent via dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

I did not read the entire thread but lots of reference to $14.99 and 18%.

Just off of Escape February 24, 2018 and Margaritaville was $16.95 + 20%.

Greater guy was way defensive about it as well, made it VERY CLEAR $20.00 and NOT all you can eat 1 app 1 main and 1 desert.

Likely he was tired of being asked what the deal was.

We did not eat there due the the price combined with his attitude (mainly the price)

I did not read the entire thread but lots of reference to $14.99 and 18%.

Just off of Escape February 24, 2018 and Margaritaville was $16.95 + 20%.

Greater guy was way defensive about it as well, made it VERY CLEAR $20.00 and NOT all you can eat 1 app 1 main and 1 desert.

Likely he was tired of being asked what the deal was.

We did not eat there due the the price combined with his attitude (mainly the price)

I'm a little confused by how this is worded. It's 16.95$ + 20%, but that's one app, one entree, one dessert only? Not even all you can eat, which was what they did on the Breakaway when they started going to a cover charge?

If that's the case, I think they are trying harder to end their contact and replace the Mville venue with something else. Who is eating there at those prices, beyond Haven who can eat there free on the first day for lunch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Well, no lines, no wait, not many around at all on a sea day, last early November at 1 pm on the Breakaway ... aren't they supposed to change it again.

No kidding.

6f2b214227a715f19fb5660350fd05c1.jpg

091c4568d33a03a9ff143dfa4d071a18.jpg

Sent via dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

Honestly it doesn't even look like a fun place. Just looks like a Margaritaville sign slapped on. No Caribbean or fun atmosphere. The Margaritaville renderings for the Bliss look more like a vacation type of venue which is the way it should be.

1860_margaritaville_21.jpg

It was constantly empty on my January sailing on the Escape.

It was always empty during my February Breakaway cruise as well.

I think it was a poor business decision to tie up this space with a fee based restaurant. When that area was the Uptown Grill on the Breakaway, it was always busy.

Probably one of the worst space wasting decisions NCL has ever made. Deadsville was more like it when I was on the Escape back in 2016. Can't believe it's still around.

Financially it’s a better use of space than when the restaurant was empty. At one point they were giving away tons of free food. Now they aren’t. Even if they have just 5 paying customers a day, that’s better than feeding 500 for free.

Financially it’s a better use of space than when the restaurant was empty. At one point they were giving away tons of free food. Now they aren’t. Even if they have just 5 paying customers a day, that’s better than feeding 500 for free.

There is no such thing as a "free" lunch. :D Guests have paid for meals in the price of their cruise. The upcharge really only buys you different menu choices, that may or may not cost NCL more.

Additionally, as in most service industries, personnel costs are probably the greatest expense not the food.

So, which is a better business decision, to allocate several staff members to a restaurant that may only serve 5 customers or to allocate those staff members to a restaurant serving hundreds??? I guess it depends on your perspective, customer or owner ;-)

Just my opinion, but seeing staff members standing around waiting for customers that never show up seems to be a huge waste of human resources.

I'm a little confused by how this is worded. It's 16.95$ + 20%, but that's one app, one entree, one dessert only? Not even all you can eat, which was what they did on the Breakaway when they started going to a cover charge?

If that's the case, I think they are trying harder to end their contact and replace the Mville venue with something else. Who is eating there at those prices, beyond Haven who can eat there free on the first day for lunch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Ate there on BA on 2/21. Had 3 apps with no questions asked

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

However the argument can be made to having it as an ala carte menu. Which was probably the best of both worlds. You may end up spending $6 to $30 depending on what you order. The average would have probably added up the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

However the argument can be made to having it as an ala carte menu. Which was probably the best of both worlds. You may end up spending $6 to $30 depending on what you order. The average would have probably added up the same.

Before I would have shared Nachos with DH and maybe ordered a salad. He would have a Burger & fries. Now, we won't even go there so zero from us. The complimentary O'Sheehans or buffet will substitute. As we are cruising 3 or 4 times a year on a ship with a Margaritaville, they have lost revenue from us and how many others?

Before I would have shared Nachos with DH and maybe ordered a salad. He would have a Burger & fries. Now, we won't even go there so zero from us. The complimentary O'Sheehans or buffet will substitute. As we are cruising 3 or 4 times a year on a ship with a Margaritaville, they have lost revenue from us and how many others?

Agreed.

I can see how folks might think $14.99 is a high cover, but where I live, it's a bargain. When we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant in our neighborhood, have nachos and a quesadilla, two mains and a few margaritas, our bill easily comes to at least $100+ on the cheap end. The NCL Margaritaville cover? Meh. Particularly after we've spent several thousand dollars on a vacation. I honestly don't care about another $30+ for an all-you-care-to-eat-South-of-the-Border-food-a-palooza.

You can find my husband and I eating our body weight in nachos and chugging down multiple margaritas Easter week.

I can see how folks might think $14.99 is a high cover, but where I live, it's a bargain. When we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant in our neighborhood, have nachos and a quesadilla, two mains and a few margaritas, our bill easily comes to at least $100+ on the cheap end. The NCL Margaritaville cover? Meh. Particularly after we've spent several thousand dollars on a vacation. I honestly don't care about another $30+ for an all-you-care-to-eat-South-of-the-Border-food-a-palooza.

You can find my husband and I eating our body weight in nachos and chugging down multiple margaritas Easter week.

You realize this isn't a Mexican restaurant, right?

It's not that the cover charge is high per se, what has many of us up in arms is that under the a la carte system, I can go to Margaritaville and order a grilled chicken sandwich for $7.95 and a fruity cocktail with my UBP. If all I want is one chicken sandwich, why would I pay $14.99 for it under the cover charge system? The portions are so big there, I would never be able to eat an appetizer AND an entree, let alone dessert. That is our dilemma.

It's not that the cover charge is high per se, what has many of us up in arms is that under the a la carte system, I can go to Margaritaville and order a grilled chicken sandwich for $7.95 and a fruity cocktail with my UBP. If all I want is one chicken sandwich, why would I pay $14.99 for it under the cover charge system? The portions are so big there, I would never be able to eat an appetizer AND an entree, let alone dessert. That is our dilemma.

Be that as it may, I personally don't see a "dilemma" and certainly nothing worth my getting even mildly irritated over. I would just shrug my shoulders and move on, considering there are so many other dining options. I'm of the mind, it's an option, not a requirement. I have other dilemmas in daily life that concern me. Paying $14.99 for lunch is definitely not even on the radar.

Incidentally, I've sailed Breakaway a few times prior to the change to Margaritaville and was happily able to partake of their free offerings back in the day. When I learned of the change, heard there was a la carte (now cover charge) pricing, I still didn't care one bit. It is what it is.

Those at least try to fake it. This one is a burger joint.

Ah yes indeed.... but a "Mexicany" burger joint with "Mexicany" food and drink, along with those not-"Mexicany" burgers. But whatever. I'm still gonna pay that horrifying cover charge and eat the nachos, drink the margaritas, and not care.

Ah yes indeed.... but a "Mexicany" burger joint with "Mexicany" food and drink, along with those not-"Mexicany" burgers. But whatever. I'm still gonna pay that horrifying cover charge and eat the nachos, drink the margaritas, and not care.

I had conch fritters every single day on the Escape TA back when it was still a free restaurant- 10 days in a row. Yummmmmm

I had conch fritters every single day on the Escape TA back when it was still a free restaurant- 10 days in a row. Yummmmmm

But... BUT.... Those are Caribbean-y dammit. ;)

Actually, I love conch fritters and forgot those were being served as well. Hope, with the cover charge, they don't keep me from ordering those along with my nachos (and no, I won't share my nachos... with anyone... I don't care how big they are). Because then I'll have to get down and dirty.... and come back another day for them.

It's really odd how NCL has handled this. The old place prior to Margaritaville on the Breakaway was great and free. I would have rather had that with no cover or a la carte fee.

BTW, Carnival has Guy's Burger Joint and Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse on their ships. Both are free for everyone. I haven't tried them yet.

The difference between these 2 places & Margaritaville is that Carnival does quick service. If this was the case for Margaritaville, maybe things would be different.