Who would like a coffee pot in the room?

FSHLOT

I with you on that. I never even think about using a coffee maker in a hotel room. Who knows whats been in it or how well its been cleaned. Nope.

Good place for roaches to live if the coffee maker hasn't been used in a while. Mmm...roach flavored coffee!!:o

Is it just me, or do hotel coffee makers gross anyone else out too? Granted, I'm one of those people who can't think too hard about certain 'hidden' germs or unsanitary practices or I'd probably never leave my house!

That said, the post that suggested selling setups with different creamers, etc is genius.

Thanks, Nicole. I would definitely purchase coffee setups if I had a coffee maker in my cabin. Genius is way better than RWolver972 calling me a thug this week. :p Lol.

Carnival could even allow passengers to rent a coffee pot for their cruise. I think some coffee lovers would pay a few extra bucks for the convenience, especially if they could also purchase the set-up package to make their coffee just like they like it.

Edited by winddawn

Is it just me, or do hotel coffee makers gross anyone else out too? Granted, I'm one of those people who can't think too hard about certain 'hidden' germs or unsanitary practices or I'd probably never leave my house!

That said, the post that suggested selling setups with different creamers, etc is genius.

I agree! Those things are disgusting. And the staff cleans them with water from the bathroom sink, which has equally seen its share of disgusting things from all the previous guests!

I know I would love it. Nothing like waking up to a nice cup of coffee without leaving the cabin rite away. Just a little conversation thread...:D

Yeah I know you can get it delivered to the room, but I like making my own at any time.

While many might consider a cruise ship a floating hotel, it's still a ship. That's why there are rules regarding electrical devices in the cabins and why smoking is prohibited on the balcony.

I like waking up a little early onboard, grabbing a quick shower then heading up for some coffee and an omelet from lido. Good way to get the blood pumping in the morning.

Sorry, no. There I already limited space in the cabins, and coffee maker will take up some of that needed space. Also, when you can have room service deliver coffee, at anytime, why would you want to make a singe cup (as most in room coffee makers are now). If you cannot get by without brewing coffee for a few days, you best just stay home.

:D

The ones I have had in hotels have had specially sized filter bags that fit the maker. Like these filter pods. I can't imagine why anyone would take these for use with a different maker. cuisinart-stainless-2-cup-coffeemaker-brew-package.jpg

Yes I would love this!!!

Thanks, Nicole. I would definitely purchase coffee setups if I had a coffee maker in my cabin. Genius is way better than RWolver972 calling me a thug this week. [emoji14] Lol.

Carnival could even allow passengers to rent a coffee pot for their cruise. I think some coffee lovers would pay a few extra bucks for the convenience, especially if they could also purchase the set-up package to make their coffee just like they like it.

Nah, people would then B&M that Carnival is charging and would then expect, um, demand that they get it for free. I can see all the letters to Heald... [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

While many might consider a cruise ship a floating hotel, it's still a ship. That's why there are rules regarding electrical devices in the cabins and why smoking is prohibited on the balcony.

I like waking up a little early onboard, grabbing a quick shower then heading up for some coffee and an omelet from lido. Good way to get the blood pumping in the morning.

Well said, and a little exercise to start the day....

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Coffee pots that brew individual cups of coffee straight into a cup without a burner are an option. Most of those turn themselves off after brewing.

And then have to listen to the complainers that they do not have their "special" flavor or the kind they like or no replacements were left in the room or they forgot to stock the creamer/sugar or the coffee unit was dirty and an entire new litany of reasons to short the tips for not keeping up the coffee supply etc....please, I for one will just continue to order my carafe of coffee each morning to enjoy on my balcony....;p

I prefer not to have it. Shared appliances are never cleaned well and the cabins already have limited space. However, for those who like their own coffee...you could just get a pour over cup.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Melitta-Pour-Over-1-Cup-Brew-Cone-Black/21777801?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227016030870&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=40886541392&wl4=aud-273067695102:pla-78817741112&wl5=9008419&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=21777801&wl13=&veh=sem

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I get grossed out with them sitting in the bathroom area. All the hair and stuff flying all over. yuck

Not me! The cabin is small enough without something else to clutter the room. As it is I take the books and miscellaneous papers and put them in the couch drawer to get them out of the way.

One of the joys of cruising is having room service delivered if you don't want to go out. And though DH loves/needs his morning coffee, on a cruise he would much rather throw on some clothes and get his cups on the Lido or in the MDR watching the world go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums