Hurricane irma....ugh

i can click add insurance, but here is the message which pops up

Vacation Protection Plan

Insurance for guests may not be modified within penalty period. Please undo all insurance modifications to continue.

Well then, it looks like I was given wrong information and we can't add it... crap

You should be ok to cruise. Depending on route of Irma your itineraries will change. Don't expect to go to Grand Turk anytime soon.

Part of me wishes they would just cancel and go another time and the other part doesn't since I have been waiting for this all year and we are all ready to go.

We are on the Sep. 9th Vista cruise. Flying in Friday afternoon... I've called Carnival and they weren't much help. Basically when they know, I will know. Even if somehow we get on this cruise, I'm sure all the islands its visiting will be in shambles. I'm crossing my fingers they alter the route completely to a Southern Caribbean cruise and not a Western.

I am in the same boat with you, so to speak... Also flying in on Friday morning, for the Vista on Saturday. This could get interesting...

We are on the Sep. 9th Vista cruise. Flying in Friday afternoon... I've called Carnival and they weren't much help. Basically when they know, I will know. Even if somehow we get on this cruise, I'm sure all the islands its visiting will be in shambles. I'm crossing my fingers they alter the route completely to a Southern Caribbean cruise and not a Western.

Does anyone know what it takes for them to update their site? Delay, cancellation, re-routing??
As we have seen with prior storms for years, the mass market cruise lines will wait until the probability of a successful turnaround in the port is quite small for that day. Right now, NOAA shows a greater than 50% chance that Port Everglades will suffer tropical storm conditions on Saturday, so while it is likely your cruise will be affected, the chances aren't high enough yet to warrant a decision.

So if it goes to Florida then us out of Baltimore, on Sunday, shouldn't be affected too greatly right?

We were on this same itinerary when Matthew hit. Because the hurricane was south, we went North. Don't be surprised if you do a NYC, St. John. We didn't find out until 10 pm the night before. (we were already in Baltimore by that point).

I'm supposed to sail this Saturday on the Vista but "Jihad Nature" has given us Irma. I wish Carnival would s#@t or get off the pot and be proactive! This hurricane gets worse and worse. Now in Tampa. I'm an airline crew member and travel non-revenue. So I hope to get out of Dodge today. Thank God for Insure My Trip! A side note one of my besties is my accountant and according to her: YOU CAN WRITE OFF YOUR BOTCHED TRIP ON YOUR TAX RETURNS! Btw she was my cruise partner. 2017 sucks.

We were on this same itinerary when Matthew hit. Because the hurricane was south, we went North. Don't be surprised if you do a NYC, St. John. We didn't find out until 10 pm the night before. (we were already in Baltimore by that point).

Yeah, I'll be seriously ticked off if I end up in New York.

I keep reading about everyone's upset comments concerning cancelling cruise, rerouting cruise, worried about homes back home if they cruise, and on and on. I feel bad for you all, but if I've said it once I'll say it again--this is the risk you take by booking during hurricane season. You can defend it all you want, but it is a total waste of money! And a whole lot of pain, worry, and stress. It's great when it works out in your favor, but do really want to risk your hard earned cruised dollars?

My thoughts are with everyone this weekend. Hopefully Irma surprises us all and heads North out to sea.

I don't think it is a waste to book during hurricane season. We have had 4 successfully October cruises and hopefully a 5th one this year. The weather has been beautiful! Afterall, hurricane season is 6 months long. That would be a large chunk of the year to block off. 50%.

Happy sailing!

I don't think it's a waste to book during hurricane season either. I live in Florida, so to be honest, hurricanes are a "normal" way of life here. Someone making a ridiculous comment (who has no skin in the game) like "this is the risk you take, blah blah blah" might as well say by the way, you are also morons if you live in Florida.

ANYONE who lives in Florida or comes to Florida for vacation August through November is taking some sort of risk. But hey, it must make some people feel good to be negative Nellies. LOL

My thoughts are with everyone this weekend. Hopefully Irma surprises us all and heads North out to sea.

I don't think it is a waste to book during hurricane season. We have had 4 successfully October cruises and hopefully a 5th one this year. The weather has been beautiful! Afterall, hurricane season is 6 months long. That would be a large chunk of the year to block off. 50%.

Happy sailing!

This is/was supposed to be cruise 8 for me. All Carnival all August and September. I work in the airline industry and especially the last 7 years or so the weather has gotten worse. Climate change? Probably but who knows? Sadly the weather sucks year round. Figuratively I'd just stay home with my cat. Thank God for Insure My Trip. See my above reply regarding taxes. I wish we could send Irma to that little Hitler dictator in North Korea!