Gratuities for 1 year old on Oasis?

adamrosie

And IMO, that shouldn't be allowed. A plane shouldn't be any different than a car and a baby/young child should be required to be secured in a car seat. I recall the Souix City air crash when a toddler ended up in the over head bin because they had been held by a parent. My child's safety is more important than saving a few bucks.

I agree with you 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually as I mentioned already if you want to fly with your kid and they are under 2 years old, you don't need to buy a seat for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The child also doesn't get a seat. The FAA allows this. Cruise ships cannot. Now you know.... Go lobby and change maritime law if you don't like it. Stiffing the staff is not the correct protest.

While we're on the subject of children, what makes parents think they can turn their kids loose with no adult supervision? Please remember that your kids aren't as cute or adorable to those of us who have to put up with their running and screaming in the halls, carrying on in the pool area, etc. We all pay for the privilege of an enjoyable cruise, not to be subject to the antics of unsupervised children.

While we're on the subject of children, what makes parents think they can turn their kids loose with no adult supervision? Please remember that your kids aren't as cute or adorable to those of us who have to put up with their running and screaming in the halls, carrying on in the pool area, etc. We all pay for the privilege of an enjoyable cruise, not to be subject to the antics of unsupervised children.

Please remember the cruise ship is not a library or old age home. Maybe the kids are bothered by all the old folks constant complaining

Please remember the cruise ship is not a library or old age home. Maybe the kids are bothered by all the old folks constant complaining

Kids should be supervised. Not running around playing with the elevators, sticking their hands in the buffet, screaming down the halls and being disrespectful.

No one tolerated my child when he had a fit or was overactive, so why should I.

Seriously children bring excitement to a cruise, but not when they run around like bangees unsupervised.

Kids should be supervised. Not running around playing with the elevators, sticking their hands in the buffet, screaming down the halls and being disrespectful.

No one tolerated my child when he had a fit or was overactive, so why should I.

Seriously children bring excitement to a cruise, but not when they run around like bangees unsupervised.

Kids will be kids. Unless you were around him or her 24 hours a day, you have no idea what you don't know.

I rather be around unruly kids then a bunch of old folks whining all the time.

No it is not. But kids should still be taught how to behave in given situations and supervised.

Kids will be kids. Unless you were around him or her 24 hours a day, you have no idea what you don't know.

It's not just old folks whom your kids are disturbing when irresponsible parents turn them loose on the ship. Most people plan well in advance and spend a good sum of money to have an enjoyable cruise and they're entitled to a pleasurable experience. You're showing your ignorance and lack of respect for your fellow passengers when you fail to supervise your kids.

that's a BS excuse and you know it. Kids can be taught to respect others at any age and to behave appropriately. I can assure you the ship security team took it VERY seriously when I was knocked over by a pair of unsupervised hellions running down the hallways and rounding corners without looking where they were going, and the teens that were dropping soft serve cones over the railings on to the carpeted stairs below.

that's a BS excuse and you know it. Kids can be taught to respect others at any age and to behave appropriately. I can assure you the ship security team took it VERY seriously when I was knocked over by a pair of unsupervised hellions running down the hallways and rounding corners without looking where they were going, and the teens that were dropping soft serve cones over the railings on to the carpeted stairs below.

What did security do?

See? Exactly what I mean. Still complaining about it now...

Do you adjust your tip at a restaurant if your child is with? Say instead of 20% reduce it to 15% due to the child not eating as much.

In a restaurant, the cost of little Johnny's meal is a lot less than the adult's food and beverage cost. The tip will be correspondingly smaller on its own.

A straight % of cost is weird anyway. We both have the same exact meal, but your bottle of wine is $100, and mine is $20. Same effort to fetch and uncork that bottle. All other things being equal yet somehow your waiter gets a much bigger 20% tip. Got it.

In a restaurant, the cost of little Johnny's meal is a lot less than the adult's food and beverage cost. The tip will be correspondingly smaller on its own.

A straight % of cost is weird anyway. We both have the same exact meal, but your bottle of wine is $100, and mine is $20. Same effort to fetch and uncork that bottle. All other things being equal yet somehow your waiter gets a much bigger 20% tip. Got it.

That's a bit naive. % based tipping balances out and provides a higher wage for waiters than flat rate pay. It's the same amount of work that goes into dropping off a glass of water at waffle house as Ruth's Chris...

It's not just old folks whom your kids are disturbing when irresponsible parents turn them loose on the ship. Most people plan well in advance and spend a good sum of money to have an enjoyable cruise and they're entitled to a pleasurable experience. You're showing your ignorance and lack of respect for your fellow passengers when you fail to supervise your kids.

small kids kept by their parents need no tips or..... pay the tip's... my opinion...good or bad..

No big deal....move alone :)

Yes but some of you are insisting you will withdraw it before you even know if your service is satisfactory or not. No one is going to change anyone's minds here. The "rule followers" will pay the tips. The folks that look for any reason to save a few bucks won't. I don't understand how there are so many people who insist on cruising when they gritch and complain about every policy they don't like.

Exactly!! If people don't or can't tip they need to stay home.

But on a ship, the limit is the number of souls, and little Johnny gets the same size seat on the lifeboat as you do. So costs should be the same.