CoCo Cay

jesters

Is CoCo Cay still being visited by the ships? We travel on the 29th of September, and are curious if we will be able to visit, or will have an extra sea day.

As of today, Coco Cay is still open to cruise ships.

Were there yesterday. Great time had by all.

Lots of work being done for the new pier. Three rigs working different sections for the project. Opening pier next spring.

JD's beach party has moved back to the original location. New Cabana section very near the jet ski location.

R&D

• 3 weeks later...
Were there yesterday. Great time had by all.

Lots of work being done for the new pier. Three rigs working different sections for the project. Opening pier next spring.

JD's beach party has moved back to the original location. New Cabana section very near the jet ski location.

R&D

Since you were there recently, can you tell me the best beach area for snorkeling? And my friend who doesnt snorkel may want a spot where the water is clear and the ocean floor is not too rocky? I haven't been to coco cay in some time and wonder where to walk to when we go there soon!

Since you were there recently, can you tell me the best beach area for snorkeling? And my friend who doesnt snorkel may want a spot where the water is clear and the ocean floor is not too rocky? I haven't been to coco cay in some time and wonder where to walk to when we go there soon!

The best area for snokeling is the closest beach to the tender area. Turn left after you get off the tender, go straight to the beach. Once in the water, bear left towards where the ship is anchored. There's a reef out there.

We will be stopping at CoCo Cay on our TA in November.

We aren't really beach people, so we usually let all the beach people get off the ship first and we go a bit later, just to lounge around.

My question is, if we go later, as I said, after the initial crowd, is it hard to find beach chairs, or any spot in the shade?

Are there other areas on the island that may be less crowded, as we don't care about how the snorkeling is, but just to sit in the shade of some palm tree and chill out?

I ask, because on the NCL Island, most people go to the main part, but there is a sort of tram that takes you to a different part of the island where there are hardly any people and there are lounges a plenty all over the place. Is there something like that on CoCo Cay?

Cheers

Len

We aren't really beach people, so we usually let all the beach people get off the ship first and we go a bit later, just to lounge around.

My question is, if we go later, as I said, after the initial crowd, is it hard to find beach chairs, or any spot in the shade?

Are there other areas on the island that may be less crowded, as we don't care about how the snorkeling is, but just to sit in the shade of some palm tree and chill out?

I ask, because on the NCL Island, most people go to the main part, but there is a sort of tram that takes you to a different part of the island where there are hardly any people and there are lounges a plenty all over the place. Is there something like that on CoCo Cay?

Cheers

Len

If you keep walking down the beach, you can find areas that are pretty far away from the crowds. I just don't know how likely you can find a lounge chair with shade without having to rent an umbrella.

Cheers

Len

We were the ~20th tender and were able to find a spot under a tree fairly close to the dock!

The best area for snokeling is the closest beach to the tender area. Turn left after you get off the tender, go straight to the beach. Once in the water, bear left towards where the ship is anchored. There's a reef out there.

Okay, 3 questions...(1) In relation to where you land once off the tender, where is the food that is served located? (2) Are there any shops on the island if you do not want to spend all your time sitting in the sun? (3) We are not "beach" people and so for health reasons we are only able to sit for a short time in the sun so is it avisable to bring a normal sized umbrella in case you are not able to find a shady area in which to sit?

Thanks!!!

MARAPRINCE

Okay, 3 questions...(1) In relation to where you land once off the tender, where is the food that is served located? (2) Are there any shops on the island if you do not want to spend all your time sitting in the sun? (3) We are not "beach" people and so for health reasons we are only able to sit for a short time in the sun so is it avisable to bring a normal sized umbrella in case you are not able to find a shady area in which to sit?

Thanks!!!

MARAPRINCE

Food is pretty much a 2 minute walk straight ahead from the tender port. There is shopping to the right as you leave the tender port, and the last time I was there they took cash only, and they don't haggle much at all. There are umbrellas for rent. I'd for sure bring a hat.

We were there in early August and there seemed to be few shaded areas, even if one arrived early. Not to worry - there are umbrellas to rent. I think they were around $20 and are charged to the sea pass.

Coco Cay will be seeing some interesting upgrades.

enjoy

M

And from what I remember...an old sunken plane? Lots of interesting

stuff out there near the floating life guard. :)

The best area for snokeling is the closest beach to the tender area.

I was quite disappointed by the snorkeling at Coco Cay. Had to swim a bit to get the small reef, and not much fish

The island for Princess was much better, you practically walk in and there's the reef all around you (from what I remember). Lots of coral and fish.

Also, I was there in the morning, then again in the afternoon. Half the people have left, but the umbrellas are all still there, so you can get a "free" one if you go later.

Not so many fish, but other interesting things.

We did the sea kayak excursion and found some huge star fish, sea cucumbers, chased a sting ray, and saw some fish.

No, not a nice reef with lots of fish.