Carry on bag

vhedrick

• Documents (including passport)
  • Expensive electronics
  • Jewelry
  • Medicine
  • Medical Equipment (eg CPAP machine)
  • Swimsuit if you plan to hit the pool immediately

Don't think anything else is really all that necessary. Basically just anything that's personally identifying material, expensive, or necessary to live.

I had a good laugh at putting the remote in a zip lock bag.... :loudcry:

Never gotten sick and I do this every cruise. It pays to be careful I work in a healthcare setting and I know where the pesky germs are and like to avoid them as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't lick the toilet seat........

There is absolutely no need to pack clothes for first night dinner. Since many do not have luggage, all casual wear is acceptable on the first night.( Maybe men should not wear muscle shirts on boarding day. ) Take medications and all valuables on board. We don't wipe down anything and never have. Only have gotten sick once mid-week on more than 50 cruises.

I don't pack dressy clothes in my carry-on. But, when it's hot out and I go swimming, etc. I don't want to put dirty clothes back on to go to dinner. I prefer to be able to shower and get cleaned up before dinner.

CPAP, extension cord(which has never bend a problem) attached to the CPAP, meds, Kindle and chargers. Deodorant, toothbrush and tooth gel.

I wear comfortable clothes in board that I could wear to dinner if necessary. I could cope if my checked luggage got lost. Not happily, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny, I'd never think to wipe down anything in a room. You get germs everywhere you go - shopping trollies, lift buttons, door handles... everywhere. I couldn't imagine being so OCD that I needed to wipe everything. Our bodies fight germs, that's what a healthy immune system is for. I'm all for washing my hands of course and I keep a clean house but it's not sterile though!

Never gotten sick and I do this every cruise. It pays to be careful I work in a healthcare setting and I know where the pesky germs are and like to avoid them as much as possible.

Never gotten sick and I never do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny, I'd never think to wipe down anything in a room. You get germs everywhere you go - shopping trollies, lift buttons, door handles... everywhere. I couldn't imagine being so OCD that I needed to wipe everything. Our bodies fight germs, that's what a healthy immune system is for. I'm all for washing my hands of course and I keep a clean house but it's not sterile though!

Amen Bro.

There is a lot of Special people here.......

I carry:

medicines for both of us

all electronics

a book & snack (while waiting to board or get into cabin)

documents

confirmations of everything I ordered from the cruiseline for this cruise (excursions, packages, special needs, reservations etc)

my CPAP with an extension cord

extra glasses

a deck plan of the ship if new to me.

a small pad of paper & a pen &/or pencil for Suduko

Hubby carries his camera & his own BIPAP on his mobility scooter.

Wiping out a drawer to clean where someone's skid marked undies were the day before is a little different than wiping every surface just to remove random germs (which, as you said, are everywhere).

I read that you have to bring any wine or water you want to bring in your carry on. Does this mean I have to lug it around the ship along with anything else I want to bring in my carry on. Wondering if its worth it.

Royal does not care if you bring your wine in a carry-on or in checked bags. However, if you put the wine in checked bags, there is more chance of breakage and your bag delivery might be delayed in security.

As per previous posters, bring any expensive jewelry or other expensive items. I bring a 24 hours change of clothes. I was on a ship earlier this year and a man didn't get his clothes for a couple of days. He was able to purchase some items from the shops- but wasn't happy as you might imagine. I always try to bring if it can fit- as much as I can in the carry on. Never put your passport or any cash in your non-carry on luggage.

When we travel, we are "heavy" packers. You also depending upon the cruise line need formal or chic clothing. I cannot understand how some people cannot bring a large suitcase in addition to the carry on. I have been on ships where people stink- and I think it is because they continue to wear the same clothing day after day. Perhaps they get used to the smell- but we don't. So we like to change our clothes daily- bathing isn't enough! - and yes we do use the laundry service also as not to bring home too much laundry.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Disinfecting wipes to wipe everything down when I get to the cabin and a zip loc bag to put the remote in (germiest thing in any cabin or hotel room)

We always wipe things down including the remote but got to say I like the idea of a baggie!

Never used to - Honestly, never even crossed my mind. Then I read the thread about the dirty clothes in the drawer and of course now we have to. My clean clothes and someone else's nasty soiled things do NOT mingle.

Great topic! never crossed my mind about dirty clothes going into the drawers. Gonna start cleaning them too. We've always toss our dirty clothes on the floor of the closet.

While me and the DW are guilty of wiping down the room on day one that is the only time we'll do it. The rest is common sense. Keep your hands away from your face, wash hands before eating and after restroom.

While me and the DW are guilty of wiping down the room on day one that is the only time we'll do it. The rest is common sense. Keep your hands away from your face, wash hands before eating and after restroom.
Agree....

We always wipe down the room when we arrive with peroxide wipes. The people before us could of had the flu or something worse. It only takes 5 minutes....

2 bottles of wine, a case of water, valuables, medication, and cash go in the carryon.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Agree....

We always wipe down the room when we arrive with peroxide wipes. The people before us could of had the flu or something worse. It only takes 5 minutes....

Exactly - and why take the chance for the 5 minutes it takes. This is the room you are going to be in for 50% of the next week. It's not being 'afraid of germs', it's one small step that we can all take to avoid getting ill on a vacation that we all paid a lot of money for and looked forward to for months.

I also work in health care, RN, and can tell you without a doubt that what you do is actually bad for you! we all need some exposure to germs to keep our immune systems strong.

I also work in health care, RN, and can tell you without a doubt that what you do is actually bad for you! we all need some exposure to germs to keep our immune systems strong.

We could go on and on about this.

Most would agree with you yes BUT we are all exposed to germs throughout the day every day (at work, walking around, touching door handles, etc.) There are acceptable amounts of germs and the germs are needed for exactly what you state above.

What we're talking about here is one small step we can all take in one place (the cabin) to avoid an obvious area of germs that enable is to avoid catching a cold or getting the flu on a cruise. We're not saying that we walk with a can of Lysol and spray it as a barrier while we walk around. I just don't want to catch a cold because someone's kid used the remote after having his fist in his mouth.