Sip N Sail Questions

bugeater2

For the people that booked under the Sip N Sail during summer 2016, I would think that a few people have already sailed on their cruises.

I fully understand the changes to package moving forward but the cruises booked under the 2016 Sip N Sail have always been in this grey area and definitive answers have been hard to come by.

I am wondering what your experience were regarding the changes from the AIBP to the Premier Beverage Package.

• Was your package truly unlimited or did Princess limit to 15 alcoholic drinks per day?
  • Did you come across any drinks that used to be under $10 but are now over $10 but below $12 and were you still able to get the drink with the AIBP?

I apologize in advance if this was discussed in a previous thread but I couldn't find any real world reports.

There were previous threads that confirmed the 15 alcoholic drinks per day limit even for previous booking with S & S. Also for the $12 retail value limit. Those who actually experienced it can confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were previous threads that confirmed the 15 alcoholic drinks per day limit even for previous booking with S & S. Also for the $12 retail value limit. Those who actually experienced it can confirm this.

I can confirm.

Sailed with it last month. 15 is a LOT of drinks!!!

The only drinks I noticed between $10 and $12 were a couple of wines in Vines.

We were a group of 6 on the Royal Princess 25 day (B2B including the TA) cruise in October/November. None of us came close to 15 alcoholic drinks a day so I can't confirm first hand that it is being enforced (although I've read enough posts on this board to assume it is). Drink prices had not changed on these two cruises (the first was only a couple of weeks after announcement of the new Premium Beverage Package) but the new upper dollar limit was in place. We were able to get a glass of wine in Vines that would not have been possible under the old All Inclusive Beverage Package.

We were on the Emerald for 28 days, early October to early November. We did not hear of anyone having a problem with the 15 drink limit or the price of drinks.

Paul

We were on the same cruise as you.

We were sitting at the Wheelhouse one evening when someone (who shall remain anonymous unless he identifies himself) recounted that the night before at around 1 am he was at a bar, ordered a drink and was told "That's 16" . So he got a bottle of water instead and went to bed.

Just off the Ruby last month and had the s'n's. The package had been upgraded to the PBP. I did notice that my usual drinks had raised a small amount ($.25 or so) but none were over $10. We were able to order wines in Vines that were $12 without any problem. I never came close to the 15 drink limit even on sea days. The PBP is nice but I would not buy it myself.

Now that people have sailed with the new package in place, can anyone tell me if you are allowed to order drinks (on or off the menu) during the nightly elite happy hour event. The rules state the package cannot be used for special events or parties and was curious as to whether or not this event was included or not. I am not wild about the new drink menu and would actually prefer to just get a decent glass of wine instead but I do like the event and the little nibbles they serve.... Maybe just not enough to go if the use of the package is not allowed during this event, though.

Now that people have sailed with the new package in place, can anyone tell me if you are allowed to order drinks (on or off the menu) during the nightly elite happy hour event. The rules state the package cannot be used for special events or parties and was curious as to whether or not this event was included or not. I am not wild about the new drink menu and would actually prefer to just get a decent glass of wine instead but I do like the event and the little nibbles they serve.... Maybe just not enough to go if the use of the package is not allowed during this event, though.

Yes, I can confirm that I was able to order drinks not on the special drink list using my package.

We went to the Elite Happy Hour one evening and ordered one of the "special" drinks.

We were happy that they were covered under the package because we had one sip each of our drinks before we put them down and left.

We went to the Elite Happy Hour one evening and ordered one of the "special" drinks.

We were happy that they were covered under the package because we had one sip each of our drinks before we put them down and left.

Oh no ... that's kind of what we thought when we saw postings on here of the new menu. Because we live quiet near a port, we will just take our own wine (those we've paid corkage on, that is) onboard and take a glass in for those times we don't have the beverage package. Thanks for the head's up on the drinks on the new menu.

Paul

We were sitting at the Wheelhouse one evening when someone (who shall remain anonymous unless he identifies himself) recounted that the night before at around 1 am he was at a bar, ordered a drink and was told "That's 16" . So he got a bottle of water instead and went to bed.

I will confirm your post since I read the same thread and I know who you are speaking of.

I will confirm your post since I read the same thread and I know who you are speaking of.

We were actually sitting next to him at the Wheelhouse Bar when he told the bartenders the story.

Since it was about himself I considered it more reliable than an "I heard............" type of story.

Thanks for the replies,

I was hoping that that Princess would honor the terms of the Sip And Sail that was booked back in 2016 but it appears that is not the case.

Too bad.

I think it would be hard logistically to have two different packages in the computer system. Not impossible but can see that Princess would not make it happen.

Thanks for the replies,

I was hoping that that Princess would honor the terms of the Sip And Sail that was booked back in 2016 but it appears that is not the case.

Too bad.

We also booked under the AIBP and sailed under the new Premium package.

We were on the ship for a month and I honestly didn't see any difference.

(Actually did see one - the wine we liked was $12/glass and so would NOT have been covered under the old package.)

As I said before - 15 alcoholic drinks in 24 hours is a lot of drinks.

Other than that - what are you concerned about missing?

Just off the Ruby last month and had the s'n's. The package had been upgraded to the PBP. I did notice that my usual drinks had raised a small amount ($.25 or so) but none were over $10. We were able to order wines in Vines that were $12 without any problem. I never came close to the 15 drink limit even on sea days. The PBP is nice but I would not buy it myself.

I think most people would consider going from the terms of the All Inclusive Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package a downgrade rather than an upgrade.

Paul

Yep. That would be me. :o

My wife was ill and confined herself to the cabin for two days and I was at loose ends so I roamed around and checked out all (12!) of the bars onboard. I had actually used one of "my" drinks for my wife. She was up briefly (have to let the steward deal with the cabin) but felt like poop and wanted to order Amaretto and Brandy to take back to the cabin but was told that was 2 drinks. She got the Amaretto and I ordered a Cognac and we took them back to the cabin and poured both into one glass and poured her back into bed.

I journeyed up to Skywalker's late at night (mostly to see if they were actually open) and found the usual complement of staff with pretty much no passengers. They told me the drink was number 16 and asked if I wanted it or not. They didn't say I had had enough and cut me off as I wasn't blotto or anything. I just decided that it must be time for bed instead. I had no idea that I had consumed that many drinks but, as i said, it had been a loooooooong day of bumming around. Perhaps all the coffee and water I drank during the day had mitigated the effects of the drinks.

They do indeed see the number of drinks you have had when they enter your info into the terminal. I had already known that as I had seen it on the terminal in Wheelhouse. They just put in your card number and the screen shows your name, cabin number, and the number of drinks you have purchased under the beverage package for that 24 hour period. Usually I made it to anywhere from 5 to 10 drinks in a day depending on whether it was a sea day or a port day. I think my wife maxed out at 5 drinks one day.