Transportation Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

NewKansasKruiser

We are cruising out of Miami, flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before. What is the best way to get to/from the airport to a hotel in Miami and then the cruise port the next day? Any hotels in Miami offer transportation Miami/Lauderdale? Probably prefer a hotel by the cruise port if anyone has any recommendations on that also. Also curious about the Tri Rail and if it is convenient? Thanks!

How many people will be traveling with you? I ask because we had 5 people and opted to rent a mini van/large SUV. We flew into FLL and found a decent hotel in the area. We arranged for a one way car rental from FLL to POM (with a free shuttle from the rental drop off to the port). We did the opposite on the return leg of the journey.

Since there were so many of us, this was far less money than a shuttle would have been AND we were able to do some sight seeing, go out to dinner, and do some last minute shopping the night before.

No need to rent a car or use the bus. The last few times I have used UBER from FLL to Miami Beach and it was reasonably priced 45-50 dollars each way. On the day of the cruise, UBER to the port from the hotel for about $12. Its cheaper than all the rental fees and hotel parking charges. While in FLL, you can also UBER around town cheaply.

How many people will be traveling with you? I ask because we had 5 people and opted to rent a mini van/large SUV. We flew into FLL and found a decent hotel in the area. We arranged for a one way car rental from FLL to POM (with a free shuttle from the rental drop off to the port). We did the opposite on the return leg of the journey.

Since there were so many of us, this was far less money than a shuttle would have been AND we were able to do some sight seeing, go out to dinner, and do some last minute shopping the night before.

It will be 3 of us.

why not just stay in FLL the night, possibly cheaper hotel, then take car the next day to Miami Cruise Port. That is what we are doing for Xmas cruise, and will give is a chance to stay one day/night on the FT Lauderdale beach.

We flew into FLL the day before. Stayed at Best Western (Airport). Free transportation to Hotel for the night stay. Free transportation back to FLL Airport the next day where we hooked up with NCL and their transfers. Some people do not like NCL transfer service, but it worked well for us. No problem at all. I have a hard time with Uber, All my life, we were taught to be leary of strangers. Watch yourself. Be nice, but aware of surroundings. Yet here we are soliciting strangers online to pick me/us up. LOL! I may cave eventually, but for now, everything worked perfectly for us. Just my experience. Old Fashioned and leary of the World today. Laugh if you want....perhaps I deserve it. LOL!

We flew into FLL the day before. Stayed at Best Western (Airport). Free transportation to Hotel for the night stay. Free transportation back to FLL Airport the next day where we hooked up with NCL and their transfers. Some people do not like NCL transfer service, but it worked well for us. No problem at all. I have a hard time with Uber, All my life, we were taught to be leary of strangers. Watch yourself. Be nice, but aware of surroundings. Yet here we are soliciting strangers online to pick me/us up. LOL! I may cave eventually, but for now, everything worked perfectly for us. Just my experience. Old Fashioned and leary of the World today. Laugh if you want....perhaps I deserve it. LOL!

I have stayed there and used their shuttles, but once back at the airport I use SAS to take me from FLL to POM. This shuttle is $15.00 per person one way. This hotel has a strip mall next to it with food, a bar & a liquor store.