Upgrade from Vista suite to Neptune suite for $1500pp - Deal or no deal?

FPJC03

Our cruise agent just sent us an offer to upgrade our cabin. For $1500/pp we will go up to a Neptune suite midships on Deck 7. Sounds like a great deal, since retail price difference is about $4k per person. So fellow Neptuners, what do we get that the others do not get? Will be on the Koningsdam Jan 14 sailing.

I have not been on Koningsdam, but I have seen that the suite pricing is indeed significantly higher than on other ships. I've been in a Neptune (once) on Zuiderdam, an upsell from a Signature Suite and it was amazing.

But we only paid $299 each for a 10-night cruise to upgrade. The perks were amazing....but if they told me I had to pay $1500pp I'd pass on that without hesitation. That's a huge chunk of change, and could cover the fare on another whole cruise.

Our cruise agent just sent us an offer to upgrade our cabin. For $1500/pp we will go up to a Neptune suite midships on Deck 7. Sounds like a great deal, since retail price difference is about $4k per person. So fellow Neptuners, what do we get that the others do not get? Will be on the Koningsdam Jan 14 sailing.

Sounds like a deal to me but we only book Neptune Suites.

It really depends upon your assessment. Where else would you spend that $1500?

I am not a Neptuner, if I was traveling with others and wanted space to enjoy with them, maybe. I am a ‘shower person’ and it looks like your vista suite might have a better sized one. Will going from a Queen to King bed make a difference for you? There is so much I could spoil myself with that 3k, and I’m not sure the upgrade would feel worth it unless I had many sea days. Cheers. Both suites look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that sounds like a reasonable deal for this ship.

Just remember that well you try to decide others may have taken it - and they may not and it might go to second round with better pricing but my intuition says no.

what do you get? Other than a lot of space? If you like breakfast in the PG, need free laundry & dry cleaning and would like to skip the front desk and use the Neptune Lounge concierge for help and perhaps have a continental breakfast, or a nice lunch or hors d'houevres in the late afternoon...

They are just little perks - the cabin is the main thing. But the perks, if they appeal, are nice.

Only you can decide what is worthwhile.

There is no difference on HAL on what category you are in suite or not as far as most things go on board.

I have not been on Koningsdam, but I have seen that the suite pricing is indeed significantly higher than on other ships. I've been in a Neptune (once) on Zuiderdam, an upsell from a Signature Suite and it was amazing.

But we only paid $299 each for a 10-night cruise to upgrade. The perks were amazing....but if they told me I had to pay $1500pp I'd pass on that without hesitation. That's a huge chunk of change, and could cover the fare on another whole cruise.

Neptune Suite pricing on Veendam and Maasdam, the "S" class ships is very high because there are so few Neptuunes on "S"a nd "R" class ships

It depends on how much you value a little extra real estate, a clock on the wall, the Neptune Lounge, the ability to have concierges do your bidding (rather than waiting at Guest Services, etc), priority boarding and tendering, having the Pinnacle available for breakfast, etc. For us, on a 10 day cruise, an additional $3,000 per couple just wouldn't be worth it. For you it might.

I fear if you haven't taken it by now, the offer is long gone.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

IMO it really doesn't matter how much of a "deal" it is, only whether you will enjoy the NS $300/day more than Vista. I would not, as I would be thinking I could have spent the money on another 7 to 10 day cruise instead!

My opinion is like a few other posters have said. That's a lot of money. That's another cruise. We would not do it. It might be a "great deal" based on the retail price of a Neptune but for us, we'd use that money for other things.

Is that per person or whole cabin - it's tricky when they call with that offer and then you discover it for only half of the cabin. 🤡🤡🤡

Oh, i just read the original question. It's per person. It't high enough single but for 2 its not nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on Zuiderdam in Jan, signature Suite. Our travel agent contacted us today and said we could upgrade to Neptune for 295 pp. It also applied to my sister and her husband and the cabins are adjoining. We were ecstatic. The Signature is plenty big enough for us, but I love the amenities with Neptune. Dry cleaning, priority boarding, etc. We are not fans of the Neptune Lounge though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everybody has a value equation that works for them, when comes to upsells.

Next week we will be on the Kdam. Upsell offer to Neptune was $1099 per person. We did take that.

Was on Celebrity Silhouette in July and received a downgrade offer. We had two C1 Concierge cabins for the family and they offered $1000 per cabin to downgrade to 1A Balcony. Celebrity only offered if we would switch both cabins. We chose that as it was a credit card refund. $2000 was fun to spend in Europe.

So it depends everyone has there ideas about value and if it makes sense to take an Upsell or a downgrade.

Mirage

While the $1500 pp sounds high to some, remember that on the Koningsdam the OP is moving from a Vista to a Neptune, a jump of 2 categories (it has Signatures as well), and a big difference in category size. Also, it depends on how long the cruise is.

From a value viewpoint, compare the price of the Vista to the Neptune on the exact sailing and compare this difference to the $1500 pp. Personally, I like to get an upsell for 1/3rd of the difference, but this could vary a bit based on the exact cabins involved.

It did seem a bit higher than I would have liked, but it is a 10 day cruise with 3 at sea days. So thought having a bigger cabin with the Neptune lounge, priority boarding and other perks will be worth it. First time on HAL cruise, after RCC, Celebrity and Regal 7 Seas. We only take one cruise a year, so splurging on this one was ok for us. Looking forward to seeing the Meet and Greet crowd on the Jan 14 sailing.