Pls review the Constellation

Punam

We booked this ship for the itinerary, and have a sky suite on the 8th floor (leaving Sept 2018) I'm reading mixed reviews about the ship which is to be expected, but one thing that almost everyone posts is that the ship is very, very tired looking. Complaints about tiles in the shower falling off, rust everywhere, public washrooms being filthy, service in Blu (I liked Blu and had hoped to eat there a couple of times again) being so slow that dinner takes 2 hours...it's making me pause big time. While I care more about the itinerary, I'm paying a darn good amount for this trip, so would expect the ship to be in good shape, and the suite to be excellent.

We did a cruise a on the Constellation mid year and whilst we were in cattle class not in a suite we found the service up to Celebtrity's high standard. Our cruise was immediately after the docking and whilst there was some minor on going maintenance still being done as is done every day we thought the ship in great shape.

We haven’t been on the Connie in 2 years ago. We felt the ship was in good shape and it has been in dry dock since we were on it. Is it in as good shape as a ship that is 0-5 years old, no some cabinets had nicks, some upholstery and drapery were a bit worn but overall it was fine.

We were on the Infinity (sister ship) this year in a Sky Suite and again some nicks and scratches in the cabinets and some worn upholstery in places but overall in good shape, not excellent Luminae was excellent, only wanted to go to Blu one night but there was no space so we couldn’t dine there. I applaud the Blu Maitre D for turning away Suute guests in order to accommodate those who booked Aqua/Blu. If you want to dine in Blu you should book AQ, there are often at capacity with just those booked in AQ.

If your expectations are that your suite will be in the same condition as a much newer ship you may be disappointed.

We will be on the Connie in just a couple of months and don’t expect the suite to be like new condition because it isn’t new; the suites haven’t been updated, except for the Penthouse and maybe the Royal Suites. We do expect a great crew, a wonderful experience in Luminae and a amazing intnerary.

We booked this ship for the itinerary, and have a sky suite on the 8th floor (leaving Sept 2018) I'm reading mixed reviews about the ship which is to be expected, but one thing that almost everyone posts is that the ship is very, very tired looking. Complaints about tiles in the shower falling off, rust everywhere, public washrooms being filthy, service in Blu (I liked Blu and had hoped to eat there a couple of times again) being so slow that dinner takes 2 hours...it's making me pause big time. While I care more about the itinerary, I'm paying a darn good amount for this trip, so would expect the ship to be in good shape, and the suite to be excellent.

Excited from Harpenden is doing a live review currently.

We are just off Constellation and yes, if youre comparing this ship with e.g. Eclipse it is much less BLING but I quite like the older gentrified ships.

We were in an Aqua xlass cabin and had no issues with our shower, in fact it was the best shower Ive ever had.

The public washrooms were perfectly clean.

Our meals in Blu were good, not excellent but good.

Yes you can spend 2 hours there chatting to other guests but equally if you want a quick meal you can do so.

Service was never slow. All the waiters were very friendly and efficient.

We became friends with another couple whose designated restaurant was Luminae but they ate with us in Blu twice.

Nadia the Michaels club hostess arranged this.

As with all ships if youre looking for faults you will find them. There is rust in places, carpets do need replacing in some areas but enjoy all the good things about this ship, and enjoy your cruise!

Jen

On the ship now as Jen says. Connie is 15 years old, but she is kept in fine shape. She doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but is no worse for that. Warm and comfortable with very good service.

I'm only in am inside cabin, but it's very clean as are all the public areas. I'm sure you'll have no issues.

Phil

We were on Contellation in October last year (see link in signature for review). BLU was good as always and we enjoyed the ship.

Yes, we had some loose tiles in our AQ stateroom. Our stateroom attendant mentioned that a few staterooms had this problem and that it was going to be fixed in dry dock. Since then the ship went to dry dock and I think they sorted it out.

Yes, we had some loose tiles in our AQ stateroom. Our stateroom attendant mentioned that a few staterooms had this problem and that it was going to be fixed in dry dock. Since then the ship went to dry dock and I think they sorted it out.

Yes I remember some "squishy" tiles last time I was on Constellation, but those in my cabin certainly have been replaced.

Phil

We sailed on her sister ship the Summit recently in a Sky Suite. While the suite decor isn't new, it was immaculate and very comfortable. The excellent service in Michael's club, Luminae was wonderful! So much better then Blu and the MDR. We really enjoyed the specialty restaurants also.

I am sure you will have a great time and be very comfortable if you don't go around the ship with a magnifying glass.

Was on the same Adriatic Connie sailing as Miaminice last October. It was a wonderful trip with exciting ports and the ship provided a lovely "home" to come back to each night.

I would sail on Connie again in a second. In fact that was our 5th cruise on Connie. It is perhaps our favorite X ship.

BUT.... impressions are created by expectations. With reasonable expectations of a 15 year old ship you will not be disappointed. The ship is well maintained and has a terrific personable crew! If you go looking for rust and missing tiles, you may very well find it.

If you want brand new everything....book and pay the premium of a brand new ship.

Thanks very much for the feedback. We were on Infinity and loved it. No complaints whatsoever. We don't spend time with a magnifying glass looking for faults. I just got nervous after reading numerous negative comments, but I guess some people only post if they have complaints. I feel incredibly fortunate to be going to the Med and Riviera, and in a small suite to boot!

Thanks very much for the feedback. We were on Infinity and loved it. No complaints whatsoever. We don't spend time with a magnifying glass looking for faults. I just got nervous after reading numerous negative comments, but I guess some people only post if they have complaints. I feel incredibly fortunate to be going to the Med and Riviera, and in a small suite to boot!

Do not worry!

Complaining seems to be some people’s favourite thing - I guess some just want to give the impression that they are used to better and higher standards :rolleyes:

The Connie was our first Celebrity experience and a wonderful experience at that. She is our nostalgic favorite ship. We have been on her three times now and always a great experience. She is not the newest ship but like a favorite pair of bedroom slippers - broken in, very comfortable, and feels just right.

BLU can take 30 minutes or two hours, your choice. We find the food there to be excellent, but we choose carefully. We always ask our waiter for their recommendation and generally follow their advice. They see things and know things in the kitchen that we don't see. If their is nothing on the menu that appeals to me, they often will make something special for me that I request IF AVAILABLE AND IF POSSIBLE.

We have been on at least half of the Celebrity ships and each have their pros and cons but we would sail on the Connie again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arises.

We were in a Sky Suite on Constellation in May on its final cruise before the refurb. It was in fine shape. The biggest wear and tear areas were on the decks and railings including our cabin balcony. I assume those things were spruced up during the rehab. As cruisers who had only cruised Celebrity in Solstice class prior to this we were very impressed with the condition and layout of the ship. Much nicer than older ships on other lines like HAL or NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a few posters on CC that seem to have a problem with Connie, not quite sure why. We sailed her in Feb 2016 and had a wonderful trip. We were in Concierge class, and our cabin was clean and in good shape. Yes, she's an older ship, but well maintained by a wonderful staff. That was before her refurbishment, so I'm sure things have been spruced up. We would not hesitate to sail Connie again if the itinerary was one we liked. Connie does have one of the most interesting art collections of all the X ships, some very quirky and humorous and a beautiful Chihuly chandelier on one of the upper decks. The only negative for us is that Ocean Liners (Murano type) restaurant was removed since we sailed (as it was from all the M-class ships).

Do not worry!

Complaining seems to be some people’s favourite thing - I guess some just want to give the impression that they are used to better and higher standards

My complaints arise when there are issues of safety.

The hospitality industry hopes to please but does not guarantee. Mass volume takes its toll. How can any system serve 5000 plus dinners without some disappointment? Issues of value and preference should be separated from the notices of health and welfare repercussions.

Even on some of the most expensive cruises, not all goes well.

Do not worry!

Complaining seems to be some people’s favourite thing - I guess some just want to give the impression that they are used to better and higher standards

My complaints arise when there are issues of safety.

The hospitality industry hopes to please but does not guarantee. Mass volume takes its toll. How can any system serve 5000 plus dinners without some disappointment? Issues of value and preference should be separated from the notices of health and welfare repercussions.

Even on some of the most expensive cruises, not all goes well.

We were on constellation in November and must say all was well kept very clean in all areas and staff and food superb. We prefer smaller ships albeit they are older but you know what they say the older the wiser. Everyone’s expectations are different but if you know you are booking a cruise on an older ship it will not be pristine everywhere but in the main you should not be disappointed

Hope you enjoy

We're looking at doing Spain, France, Italy on Connie October 2018. We've only done 3 cruises, all Celebrity, Equinox and then Silhouette twice. Was trying to figure out the restaurants as their wesite deck plan still shows Ocean Liners and it's only been through posts here I've found out it's gone. Bit gutted as loved Murano. So now it's just Tuscan and Qsine, right? I don't do Sushi so ruling that out! How does MDR compare with Solstice class? And what about the Oceanview buffet?

We're looking at doing Spain, France, Italy on Connie October 2018. We've only done 3 cruises, all Celebrity, Equinox and then Silhouette twice. Was trying to figure out the restaurants as their wesite deck plan still shows Ocean Liners and it's only been through posts here I've found out it's gone. Bit gutted as loved Murano. So now it's just Tuscan and Qsine, right? I don't do Sushi so ruling that out! How does MDR compare with Solstice class? And what about the Oceanview buffet?

You have it correct. Just TG, Qsine and Sushi-on-5 on Connie. The OVC on M-Class is laid out a bit differently than S-Class as you really need to walk entirely around to see everything, especially the stations in the back. But we have found the food similar. We sailed in a sky suite and ate in Luminae so can't comment on the MDR food.

We've found the MDR and OVC are fairly consistent across the fleet. As said, the OVC is laid out very differently on M-class and you need to walk all around including the back.

We traveled aboard the Constellation in June of 2017, shortly after it was refurbished. It was our first Celebrity Cruise, but 20 something odd cruise in general. The ship itself was fine, and we liked some features like the thalassotherapy pool, outdoor movie screen with corresponding daybeds, and the aft deck off the buffet. The food was mediocre compared to Princess, some crew was great while others were downright pushy and rude or just unprofessional, some activities were fun while others were just straight money makers. Overall, it was a fine cruise, and it certainly was a fine ship. If you like Celebrity, I’m sure you’ll be fine with the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the Millennium class ships - we've sailed on the Connie, Summit and Infinity. One thing that is common to all these ships is that the crew is always cleaning and repairing to keep these ships in presentable shape. We've seen them replace carpeting on stairs, repaint rails and scrub down poles and overhangs. While these ships are older, the crews are fantastic. They're friendly, they enjoy their jobs and they create a pleasant environment for the passengers.

We just sailed on the Silhouette, and while nice, it's just not the same experience as on the Millennium class ships. We booked our next cruise while on board - sailing the Mediterranean aboard the Connie.