Room Service!

khewston

You make a really good point; if we've already got our cruise paid for then they technically broke contract terms.

I agree. I understand the reasoning. But I was looking forward to ordering room service later in the night. I like ordering sandwiches and hot chocolate, lol...

To anyone who really believes that charging for late night room service due to food waste is the real reason for this' date=' I know of a very nice bridge,hardly ever used, over the Hudson River that is for sale at a very reasonable price.[/quote']

I wish Cruise Critic had like buttons.

To anyone who really believes that charging for late night room service due to food waste is the real reason for this' date=' I know of a very nice bridge,hardly ever used, over the Hudson River that is for sale at a very reasonable price.[/quote']

Carnival should start with the food wasted from the buffet. Most of the food is terrible! Last year I tried the biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were like hockey pucks! There is so much food on the buffet that people take and than have to throw away because of it's quality. If Carnival serves sub par food, they are part of the waste problem.

Carnival should have placed a limit on the items each stateroom could order from room service, so I do agree that waste is not the only reason why this change is taking place. Also, let's not forget about the reduced tv stations and new delivery charges for fun shop orders!

I guess all the big boys at Carnival are making decisions to fill their own pockets while us cruisers will be researching different options.

How sad is this! We are not too far from picnic tables, benches, and plastic utensils.
Yes we are. What you've written is nonsense.

You make a really good point; if we've already got our cruise paid for then they technically broke contract terms.
What paragraph?

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

I hope that it is possible to be disappointed by something without going so far as to be absurd in response to it.

I can definitely see why no more room service the morning of debarkation. This way people have to get out of their cabins if they want to eat (and hopefully will do so early and then leave right from Lido deck), and a lot less mess for the Room Stewards to clean up when turning over the cabins. With less manpower, any way they can streamline the process, the better. It should help them to be able to work more efficiently and get the cabins ready sooner. Well one can only hope. I never understood why they allowed room service that morning anyway. There's so much going on already. Now you have delivery people running around, and more dirty dishes and food to clean up. I think it makes perfect sense.

Amazing the belly aching about a $1 or $2 tip to room servers from some of the same people that have no issue purchasing a several hundred dollar drink package (and many do it cuz they can try everything then WASTE it if they dont like it cuz they already spent money on it). If your budget is that tight or you cannot see the logic in all that wasted food left on trays all night then perhaps your budget cannot afford a cruise.

Many of you sound entitled and ridicules and if this is going to bother you then dont use it, great about cruises or any other vacation, it is a choice, turn the channel!!! :rolleyes:

All that food on trays you see every morning sitting there (from the during the night orders) waiting to be picked up is wasted food, period!!!

No coffee on debarkation morning while you dress!

Last time, I just went to the Lido deck and got coffee. My wife needs it pretty ASAP, and I am not one to assume room service will be faster than motivated-me.

But...we wouldn't be getting up before 6am anyway...so this is somewhat of a moot point for us, regarding "early-morning" coffee.

I do need to remember to grab some cheese and meats and whatnot earlier in the day from the Lido buffet for a late-night snack...we like that at home, so I'm sure we'd like it cruising!

I guess all the big boys at Carnival are making decisions to fill their own pockets while us cruisers will be researching different options.

You do know that CCL is a business right? A for profit business and if this cruise line does not meet your vacation standards then please do not hesitate to find alternative vacation idea's. Eventually food waste among other things would be considered a waste of funds and as they are doing very well as a company I am not sure it will matter in the long run if some whined about this change.

Again, cruising is a choice like all other vacation options and the choice is yours.

Some of the items on the room service menu already have a charge, the hot items wings and fries. I know that for sure , my grandson had fries every night on our Vista Med cruise. Always tipped for delivery just factor a little additional money. So thankful we get to cruise . If something like this really upsets you IMHO you might want to take a step back and perhaps cancel if your within that period, it would unfortunate to start your cruise off being upset.

It is becoming reality that Carnival Cruise Line is becoming a for-a-fee cruise line.

We will all likely be faced with the opportunity of making a decision of choosing a preferred cruise line based on overall cost. If costs continue to rise on Carnival, I'll choose a line with a more restrictive smoking policy that includes better cuisine for my cruise dollars. I guess we will all have to decide individually where the change line is based on personal preferences.

Carnival's room service offerings are already so limited, especially when it comes to hot food, compared to other cruise lines.

Put a coffee pot in the cabin and I'd never call room service!

^^^^^^ This!

We last sailed with NCL - only complimentary choices on room service were continental breakfast items. And no room service on debarkation day. But the coffee maker in the cabin, along with better all-night food choices (O'Sheehan's in this case) allowed us to avoid room service entirely.

That being said, we'll be bringing some zip-locs and a couple of to-go coffee cups this weekend - thanks OP for the heads-up!

10 pm seems a bit early to me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, I can see 12am-5:00am having a late night surcharge. But $2-4 per item seems a bit steep. It's been a long time but when we tried royal I think it was just a flat fee for the late night charge. We used to always order a BLT or 2 or sometimes my husband would get a different sandwich when we returned to the cabin for the night. Last time we didn't order room service once because we had our 15 month old with us and I did not want to risk waking him up! Now I kind of wish we did order it, I love the BLTs...

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

If your budget is that tight or you cannot see the logic in all that wasted food left on trays all night then perhaps your budget cannot afford a cruise.

Again, I ask "how much food is wasted between 4am-6am"? Their policy in the morning doesn't make any sense.

How’d I guess this thread would be mostly Kool-aid drinkers who just don’t care about all of the cutbacks in service, increase in fees, additional passengers, less crew. What will it take? Yes, after over 20 years of nearly exclusive Carnival — they are killing their business. Bring back the old Fun Ship days... nothing booked, nothing planned. First time in ages.

Sent from my iPad using Forums