Oasis of the seas central park balconies

Polperro

1 hour ago, shippmates said:

Looking for pros and cons for cabin 10607 on Oasis.  Was just assigned this cabin for our October cruise.

Pros: 
Low enough that pool noise from above should be minimal.
Low enough that you should be able to hear CP music in the evenings.
Across from Park Cafe, can look down and see if there is a line or tables available if wanting a snack.

Cons:
???  I don't really see any, personally.  It's not super close to an elevator, but most rooms on an Oasis class ship aren't, b/c it's a huge ship!  LOL

• Like 2

On 4/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, ryansmum said:

We had 11629 on Allure and loved it. Stateroom attendant also got us two loungers. We've booked same room on Symphony and Oasis (hoping it's same set up on Symphony as weren't sure when booking).

We've sailed in that cabin also.  Love the double balcony.  I would do it again but DH insists on a balcony overlooking the ocean.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess you've had better😉

I have no use to look down at Central Park. I would certainly like the fresh air on an outside balcony and enjoy the sun during the day and the sky in the evening and hear the ocean waves. If I want to see Central Park I will just go and see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 9:54 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I have no use to look down at Central Park. I would certainly like the fresh air on an outside balcony and enjoy the sun during the day and the sky in the evening and hear the ocean waves. If I want to see Central Park I will just go and see it.

I live on the ocean. If I want fresh air, sun, sea breeze, and stars, I enjoy my balcony😁

20210909_140441.thumb.jpg.87d4079ed7e9fc860a87653f09aa5790.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, you should see the view to the north😉

20210913_130059.thumb.jpg.b19facd3b2a6f2536cbc54941d442696.jpg

SpaceX has a crewed orbital mission launching Wednesday evening🚀

Wow, what a fantastic pic. Now I’m even more jealous, what a great place to live! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Why do people think that the “critic” part of this site’s name is about criticizing other people’s choices? I for one think it’s better that we don’t all want the same thing. 

Agreed. Seaing (spelled wrong on purpose) the ocean from our room is not special for us for instance. CP cabins have the advantage of costing very little more than an inside cabin and getting fresh air when needed. Watching people strolling in CP is more interesting (to us) than watching an ocean with no activity on it. We spend little time in our cabins anyway. 

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Having sailed in CPV cabins, I would strongly urge you to consider none below the pool deck.  Can get noisy with deck parties and moving chairs to either clean for the night or get the chairs ready for the day.  

Enjoy your cruise.

That advice holds true on most any cabin, any ship

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Agreed. Seaing (spelled wrong on purpose) the ocean from our room is not special for us for instance. CP cabins have the advantage of costing very little more than an inside cabin and getting fresh air when needed. Watching people strolling in CP is more interesting (to us) than watching an ocean with no activity on it. We spend little time in our cabins anyway. 

I've found in several instances that when applying a balcony discount, CP balconies are cheaper than inside cabins

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I've found in several instances that when applying a balcony discount, CP balconies are cheaper than inside cabins

We have booked multiple cpvcabins when sailing with family. They really appreciate an attached cabin for kids with their own bathroom.  A great price!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Having sailed in CPV cabins, I would strongly urge you to consider none below the pool deck.  Can get noisy with deck parties and moving chairs to either clean for the night or get the chairs ready for the day.  

Enjoy your cruise.

53 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have booked multiple cpvcabins when sailing with family. They really appreciate an attached cabin for kids with their own bathroom.  A great price!

Just an FYI, Central Park View / CPV is typically used for the window-only rooms that overlook Central Park (like the Promenade View rooms).  The ones with an actual balcony are Central Park Balcony / CPB rooms.  

(Just for clarification / to avoid confusion in the future.)

And even before I got a balcony discount, these rooms were often within a couple dollars of an actual inside room.  I don't really use the balcony, but it's a nice place to dry laundry/swimwear!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Just an FYI, Central Park View / CPV is typically used for the window-only rooms that overlook Central Park (like the Promenade View rooms).  The ones with an actual balcony are Central Park Balcony / CPB rooms.  

(Just for clarification / to avoid confusion in the future.)

And even before I got a balcony discount, these rooms were often within a couple dollars of an actual inside room.  I don't really use the balcony, but it's a nice place to dry laundry/swimwear!

A actually like both. The cpv has nice sitting nook under the large picture window and is a little larger then the cp balcony.  Both great buys!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

A actually like both. The cpv has nice sitting nook under the large picture window and is a little larger then the cp balcony.  Both great buys!

We have our first BW view cabin October 3rd.

Right above Sabor

Really enjoyed the CP view a couple years ago