How Many Cruises Do You Normally Take Per Year for Those Working & Retired

DH and I still working... Before Kids it was 1 a year, sometimes 2. After DD was born, took her on Majesty and after DS1 was born took them both with us in one 4-nighter and did 1 7nighter for the DH and I. After DS2 was born, did 2 more cruises with everyone in about 3yrs. This year we are doing another one with the entire crew and 1 Anniversary Cruise only with DH. So I guess we average 1 every 18months... We do some land/resort/beach vacay in there too... Planning on retiring and doing much more cruising! Hopefully we will be able to do 2 a year just DH and I and 1 with the kids (which will be all grown up) and their spouses if they are married then.

Wife is working and I am self employed. We cruise 6 to 7 weeks a year. Usually 2-3 weeks in late Jan early Feb without our son. 2-3 weeks in June and 1-2 weeks in Oct with our son.

Since we fly 12-15 hours each way to cruise, we spend time in those cities doing tourist things also. So we spend time at Disney, Universal, sightseeing, etc before and after a cruise to make that long flight worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Until two years ago, 40-60 days a year. Nothing since December 2016. 14 days on the Allure of the Seas, in October to see if the suite life meets our expectations, if not, 0 from then on.
Will you be on allure oct 21 2018? There are a few of us going on that cruise.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My wife and I are in our early 30s, both still working (as one would expect at our age), still no kiddos at least yet, finally making enough were cruising can be more than once every few years, but even so between saving for other things and our work schedules we're setting up a pattern of cruising once every 12-15 months or so.

We just sailed on NCL in November, booked for RCI in January, and DW is already looking at Dec 19/Jan 20 itineraries on NCL (it also seems we've set up a pattern of going back and forth between each line for each cruise, as we find them very similar, but each with certain things we prefer).

I work full time and SH is retired. Some years we get three cruises in . This year will be two. Most are longer than 7 days. We still do road trips and have been to all 50 states.

I’m hoping in retirement we will be able to cruise a portion of the winter. But money and prices will be a huge consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lately we've been alternating cruises with land-based vacations, mostly because our cruises tend to be very busy and port intensive. We always travel as a family. Last summer it was an all-inclusive beach resort. This summer it's a 12 day British Isles with a few days in Amsterdam beforehand. Plus, we have one kid in hockey ($$$$) and one kid in college ($$$$ X 10). DH and I look forward to cruising a lot more often once the college expenses are done. (Hello, 2024! [emoji16])

We always travel as a family. Plus, we have one kid in hockey ($$$$) and one kid in college ($$$$ X 10). DH and I look forward to cruising a lot more often once the college expenses are done. (Hello, 2024! [emoji16])

Know the feeling ;).