How Many Cruises Do You Normally Take Per Year for Those Working & Retired

Also from Vaughan Ontario our 3-4 cruises are often drive to port. Baltimore or New Jersey or even Florida as we stay for a couple weeks after cruise since we are retired
We're neighbours. That's a doable drive but still far. But great you're able to do that and extend your holiday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We've been on 5 cruises in the last 7 years. I really enjoy cruises, but my hubby says he wants to take other land vacations too. I'm told him I'd be content when we retire if we could take 2 vacations a year with one being a cruise and the other being a land vacation.

How many cruises do you typically take a year and are you working or retired?

Thanks

I’m working. I take 2-3 per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We both work full time...26 more years to go! We are recent cruising converts, and are averaging 4-6 per year, and plan to continue that level for a bit. We will have to reassess when our DINK status goes away in a few years...hopefully we will still be able to maintain. Once retired, my goal is once a month, even if it's just a weekend trip.

Wow..what an amazing trip (Disney parks and cruises are my favorite vacations). Guess if you are flying that far, you should make the best of it.

Thanks, it is a fun trip for sure. We get good use out of our annual passes.

We try to stay one day at the destination for every hour on the plane ride over. If we sit 14 hours on a plane one way we work/vacation 14 days at least.

I am grateful that we are able to do these things as a family. Although there is a whole bucnh of things i have to take care of when i get back.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We average 3 - 4 cruises per year plus our annual trip to Australia to see family and shorter weekend trips to see the kids, college moves, etc. When I slow down and semi-retire we will likely still take 3 or 4 cruises but they may be longer or we will do B2B's or possibly B2B2B's.

Working.

8 cruises last year.

Live in FL, all 3, 4, 5 nighters.

This year, too many: 16

Will need to cancel 4 Bahama cruises this summer. :-(

One 7 nighter this New Years.

Can't wait.

These 4 & 5 nighters are too short.

Not too bad as a B2B, I like 9 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the 4/5 days. I can usually work it out to only be using one or at the most two days of PTO. We have a couple longer ones this year, but I am hoping to keep it at 5-6 per year.

We're both working.

Last year we took one cruise, the first for either of us in more than a decade.

We liked it so much that we had three planned for this year. But then some friends floated the idea of renting a place in Italy for a while this summer, so now we're down to two cruises plus that. If it falls through, we'll be back to three.

In the near future I see us taking two a year. One with my parents and in-laws, which we're doing for the second year in a row this year, and one just for us.

We are still working and usually cruise 4 weeks a year.... most likely that will increase to 6 weeks once we retire a few years from now...

But we also love our land vacations so the biggest change when we retire will be longer land vacation living in the country 2-3 month at a time ....not so much change to our cruise habbits I presume - maybe an addditional week or 2 of cruising.....

So jealous (in a nice way) of all of you who are able to travel so often. I have to ask...for those that travel more than once on a year, do you live near the port? That is our issue. We need to fly...just from Ontario Canada, but sometimes the flight is more than the cruise.

Hook up with a good points credit card. I have learned a lot from those that have used a credit card with points. We use AMAX and flew business class to Amsterdam last year for a cruise on Shilouette. There are so many options, now retired we will use the card to pay for everything and get points. Flying out of Philly we are limited with AA so our choice of cards is limited.

Working. We take a cruise about every two years. This year is unusual with two. Wanted to fly to a Caribbean resort in February but the prices were astronomical, so cruise it is. All I want is a dark tan anyway.

Edited by depplep
Grammar

So jealous (in a nice way) of all of you who are able to travel so often. I have to ask...for those that travel more than once on a year, do you live near the port? That is our issue. We need to fly...just from Ontario Canada, but sometimes the flight is more than the cruise.

No ports in driving distance, I can reach cruise ports with flights ranging between 2-4 hours flight time, but I´d say 80% of my cruises need longhaul flights (Transcontinental) flights.

While working, 2-3 a year. Now that we are both retired, we seem to do 2 a year because we go to Siesta Key in Florida every June now for around 10 days. Plus, I visit my daughter out in Kansas City 2 weeks a year and my son in Michigan for a week or so. We also squeeze in shorter vacations, like Cape Cod, etc.

We live in Michigan and my name is Susan! I've heard of Siesta Key. You must enjoy it to go there every year. I can't wait to retire because I love traveling.

Now that we've retired, in excellent health, and living less than an hour from the Port of Galveston, we're ready to go any time Royal makes us an offer we can't refuse. We cruised in December and last week, have one scheduled for two weeks from now, as well as in April and October. It's just too easy, especially since family members drop us off and pick us up. We haven't lost our desire to travel overseas, and have booked a round-trip Hong Kong cruise in August, and a Canada-New England cruise in 2019. On our upcoming voyage, we'll be reserving a back-to-back Australia journey. Between all this, we'll be in New Zealand for a month in March with our travel group. So I guess our answer is ... whenever we can. Isn't that why we plan our retirements in the first place?

Now that we've retired, in excellent health, and living less than an hour from the Port of Galveston, we're ready to go any time Royal makes us an offer we can't refuse. We cruised in December and last week, have one scheduled for two weeks from now, as well as in April and October. It's just too easy, especially since family members drop us off and pick us up. We haven't lost our desire to travel overseas, and have booked a round-trip Hong Kong cruise in August, and a Canada-New England cruise in 2019. On our upcoming voyage, we'll be reserving a back-to-back Australia journey. Between all this, we'll be in New Zealand for a month in March with our travel group. So I guess our answer is ... whenever we can. Isn't that why we plan our retirements in the first place?

A fantastic story and what life should be about.

Happy cruising.

A fantastic story and what life should be about.

Happy cruising.

Many thanks for the good wishes. For us, we're simply making up for lost time, having met (online, of all places) and married in our sixties. After ten glorious years, we're still going strong, taking advantage of pretty much every travel opportunity we can. As long as our health remains good, our checks keep clearing, and Royal Caribbean doesn't do anything that really ticks us off (they've come close a couple of times), there's no end in sight for us. At our ages, being selfish is not a bad thing. Cheers!

Many thanks for the good wishes. For us, we're simply making up for lost time, having met (online, of all places) and married in our sixties. After ten glorious years, we're still going strong, taking advantage of pretty much every travel opportunity we can. As long as our health remains good, our checks keep clearing, and Royal Caribbean doesn't do anything that really ticks us off (they've come close a couple of times), there's no end in sight for us. At our ages, being selfish is not a bad thing. Cheers!

Great attitude and a lovely story.

We brought Paulines mam on 6 cruises with us in her 80s,the last one was on P&O Ventura for her 90th birthday.

Go Al go.

We have about 5 weeks a year vacation. The last few years have been cruise heavy, but even when we cruise there is usually a land element to them. We are 6 to 8 years from retirement, and I imagine our travel will increase at first I imagine we will do nothing but travel... We have no kids and we love to go, everywhere. We hope to go everywhere and do everything.

Cheers

JC

I’m still working and my wife is mostly retired. We normally go on 2 or 3 a year since we live 1-1/2 hours from Galveston. This year we somehow booked four, one of which is B2B. I honestly don’t know how people afford to travel via airline since airfare is through the roof. We want to visit Ecuador next year and it looks like the first $4000 will be airfare. That’s just insane.