How Many Cruises Do You Normally Take Per Year for Those Working & Retired

Used to take one a year while working, 2018 first year of full retirement we are taking 6 cruises on 4 different cruise lines for a total of 84 days. If you have ever flown across the Pacific you know how much better it is to take the long way home by ship. It would be fun to be snowbirds in Florida, but we prefer the Philippines.

retired...I want to do two a year, and that fits into our budget. This past October we were on the Carnival Dream and met a retired couple who were on their 17th cruise of the year!! And they had another one scheduled the day after we disembarked.

Working, 2 a year with hopefully one more then 7 days. (19 nights in 2018 booked)

Retiring in 5 years.

Hoping to take a few BIG ones within 5 years of retirement. Europe Alaska South Pacific Transalantics etc. We can’t be gone that long now.

After that budgeting for 2 a year again till we can’t physically go anymore...

Of course this depends on it staying fairly affordable. If prices soar we are out.

Wow, congratulations! It sounds like a fun quest. Do you pick the cruises based on ship, itinerary, or good deals?

I've been booking strictly by price (as long as it is a Florida port). Sometimes when people ask "where are you cruising to?" I honestly don't know.

As long as we are on the ship it's okay with us.

Before retirement - usually 1 big trip a year, ocean or river cruise limited to 7 days plus required air travel. In our RV, land trips of 3 to 7 days limited by the total of 30 days vacation per year. Returning from a week's vacation required a week or two to catch up - no fun, but the periodic break was needed for my sanity and relaxation!

After retirement - usually 1 big trip a year, ocean or river cruise of 7 to 14 days and one short 4 night ocean cruise (usually out of Port Canaveral). Our road trips run anywhere from 5 day to 3 months throughout the U.S. and Canada.

We are still working and DH currently only gets 1 week vacation a year from his job. In the past when he had more generous vacation time we would cruise 1-2x/year. Now it seems to be only 1 every 2 years. Can’t wait for retirement when we hope to take longer than 7 night cruises and at least 3/year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thinking about my previous retirement answer.

Most of the cruises we haven't done are the longer ones(18 days plus). With retirement(in 5 or so years) may only cruise 1 or 2 times per year but will move my sea days from 12-20 to 20-35/year

When we were still working, we cruised 2 times/yr, and took an occasional land vacation too, for about 30-40 nts per year.

Now that we are retired, we cruise more often, and average about 70-100 nts per year. We prefer cruising over land vacations, and realize that we are very fortunate to be able to enjoy our retirement the way we do.

I'm still working at 62, yet I manage to squeeze in a 2-week eastbound transatlantic in the Spring and a westbound transatlantic in the Fall of each year. Once retired, I'll add a 2 week winter getaway cruise annually in January of each year. All on RCI.

Business owner , so I get at least 2 a year in , 3 if I plan it right , shooting for freedom 55 so thinking after that one every 3 months should do it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Had to google 'freedom 55' -- that's a uniquely Canadian saying but I share the sentiment...

Working and we do about 5 to 6 cruises a year. But they are almost b2b as we have to fly from Hawaii. Most of them are 7 day cruises but in Feb we tend to longer ones.

When we retire, we plan to cruise and land tour most of the year. Can't wait to see Europe, Asia and the land down under.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My wife and I both work, and we are probably about 12 years away form retirement. My vacation time is easy to manage but my wife is a school principle so her time of is always coinciding with challenging cruise timing. More expensive and more crowded.

We are averaging only one cruise every 2 years, with a land based trip in between. But at least they are getting longer. Our first was only a 4 nighter, but our next one (Baltic) is now up to 12 nights :D

dp

My DH is still working, we do 3 vacations a year.

Mix of cruise and land tours, depending on the destination/vibe we are seeking.

Jan- Winter Escape

May-Spring Fling

Sept- Fall Funzie

I also visit out of state friends & family for long weekends 2-3 times a year.

Patty