2013- 120 Days World Cruise on Queen Mary2

2014- 119 Days World Cruise on Queen Victoria

2014- 14 Days Alaska on Ooterdam

2015- 35 Days Northern Cape Explorer on Prinsendam

2016- Around The World in 180 Days on Insignia

2017- 67 Days Grand voyage on Prinsendam

Next cruise

2019- Around The World in 180 Days on Insignia

We met three couples in 2016 Around The World Cruise, one couple is from Vancouver, one couple is from Bali, and other is from DC. Since then we have been like a family. Last year we went Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau and China. We came home for one day to repacked, then we went all over France, then we met the King of Indonesia in Belgium. Came home for three days then we met in Las Vegas, came home for two days then we met in Vancouver. Then went to Seattle.

We have met in Las Vegas a dozen time since the cruise. But because one couple lives in Bali we have decided to meet in Las Vegas a few times a year and in Hong Kong a few times a year. We are meeting them in Hong Kong on the 7th next month. From there we will fly to Sai Gon to spend a month going from South to North.

We have agreed that each year one couple will choose to travel anywhere in the world and other couples have to go. This year a couple choose to go to Nepal, so we have booked to spend a month in India and Nepal from October 11Th to November 17th.

Happy cruising

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, this sounds wonderful. We will be retiring in next 3-5 years but I don't think I will be able to do that much cruising from a financial perspective. Do you have any budget allocated for travel or is that not a concern? It sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

I’m a teacher (probably last year). Husband retired. We used to cruise with others but he got bored. So did my BFF’s husband. So now her and I take a spring break cruise every year. Last year she gambled enough to get a free cruise so we went in June and did it again so we went in October. We have been on 16... can’t wait for spring break. My husband plays golf 3 times a week and goes hunting. We go to Arizona golfing together for a week on winter break and I go to Rhode Island and CApe Cod ever summer to visit family and my BFF. Sometimes he comes too. We camp, boat and ATV all summer too! We worked hard all of our life and downsized our house awhile back. Our friends now realize we did things right!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m a teacher (probably last year). Husband retired. We used to cruise with others but he got bored. So did my BFF’s husband. So now her and I take a spring break cruise every year. Last year she gambled enough to get a free cruise so we went in June and did it again so we went in October. We have been on 16... can’t wait for spring break. My husband plays golf 3 times a week and goes hunting. We go to Arizona golfing together for a week on winter break and I go to Rhode Island and CApe Cod ever summer to visit family and my BFF. Sometimes he comes too. We camp, boat and ATV all summer too! We worked hard all of our life and downsized our house awhile back. Our friends now realize we did things right!

And my Brother in law just moved to Las Vegas with a pool so I am sure we will be heading there too[emoji6]

We've been on 5 cruises in the last 7 years. I really enjoy cruises, but my hubby says he wants to take other land vacations too. I'm told him I'd be content when we retire if we could take 2 vacations a year with one being a cruise and the other being a land vacation.

How many cruises do you typically take a year and are you working or retired?

Thanks

We do 3 or 4 per year! Yes we’re retired but still did 2 when working. We do not do 7 days. Too short do we try for 10+ or B2B

Normally take two per year, one Caribbean and one overseas.

Now that I am retiring this Wednesday will cruise and travel more!

We leave next Saturday for our first B2B on HOS!!!!

Ya for Retiring! :D

Congratulations òn your ŕetirement. We've never done a b2b. Enjoy

Wow, this sounds wonderful. We will be retiring in next 3-5 years but I don't think I will be able to do that much cruising from a financial perspective. Do you have any budget allocated for travel or is that not a concern? It sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

No we don’t have a budget. We are able to do whatever we want. I’m lucky to have a husband who doesn’t care where we go or what we do. I do all the booking and planning. I usually give him a week or two notice about the trip so he can pack his vitamins and medicines.

We are lucky to have a group of friends that we can travel together to anywhere and anytime. The best part, we always have fun.

We are all VIP guests at the Palazzo and the Venetian in Las Vegas. Also the Venetian in Macau.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So jealous (in a nice way) of all of you who are able to travel so often. I have to ask...for those that travel more than once on a year, do you live near the port? That is our issue. We need to fly...just from Ontario Canada, but sometimes the flight is more than the cruise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

So jealous (in a nice way) of all of you who are able to travel so often. I have to ask...for those that travel more than once on a year, do you live near the port? That is our issue. We need to fly...just from Ontario Canada, but sometimes the flight is more than the cruise.

We live near Niagara Falls and also have to fly, thus only 2 trips a year.

:evilsmile:

And my Brother in law just moved to Las Vegas with a pool so I am sure we will be heading there too[emoji6]

It sounds wonderful! We work so hard and I look forward to vacation time. I think I like cruising because I can be as relaxed or as busy as I want to be and I don't have to do a tremendous amount of planning.

We've been on 5 cruises in the last 7 years. I really enjoy cruises, but my hubby says he wants to take other land vacations too. I'm told him I'd be content when we retire if we could take 2 vacations a year with one being a cruise and the other being a land vacation.

How many cruises do you typically take a year and are you working or retired?

Thanks

We cruise almost every month. It is what we live for:cool:. Hubby is retired and I work from home. We do one land vacation every year to Punta Cana and we do short cruises Jan/Feb/Mar, a 7 night in April, Punta Cana in May. June/July we usually have family stuff up north or weddings. Aug we do a short, Sept a 7 night, Oct/Nov a short and Dec a 7 night.

We love to cruise and never get tired of the caribbean. We are total beach people so it is all about the islands for us. We live in Florida which makes it so easy to cruise all the time. Just a few hours and we are there. Longest drive to the port for us is 3 hours. Piece of cake.

What's pineapple?

I wondered, too, so thanks for asking!

Slang for Pinnacle level in Crown & Anchor (Royal's loyalty organization).

I will be Diamond+ after my Oasis cruise in November, but I doubt I'll ever make it to "pineapple" status. I am not loyal enough to Royal, and I like land trips a bit more than cruises.

I have been averaging 2-3 cruises per year. I thought I was done cruising for awhile - after an upcoming Disney Panama Canal cruise this April. However, in one month's time (mid-Dec. to mid-Jan.) - I booked 4 RCI cruises (1 in 2018 and 3 in 2019)! :cool: My husband and I are retired, but he will be on only 1 of the upcoming 5 cruises. Of the remaining 4, 2 are solo cruises and 2 are with a friend.

When I look for a cruise, it is usually itinerary and/or price driven. Not being a beach fan - I don't get very excited about Caribbean cruises. However, my upcoming Oasis cruise was a great value, I've never been on an Oasis-class ship, and I haven't been to Jamaica or Labadee. It was also cheaper than a week at Disney World. :D

Edited by NancyIL

Ohh I often wonder why so many people consider such a value in the P badge, I really hope that you take as many cruises as you can enjoy, simply for the reason of living life.. Getting to the Pinnacle status is nice yes, but not life changing and the additional benefit are minimal ( it was never intended to be benefit driven ).

I think it is a real credit to Royal that so many people have enjoyed the product enough times to achieve 700 points, but the P numbers are growing and many cruise have many P members on board.

Of course some wear their Name Badge occasionally whilst other will wear it on swim wear or when in port, each to their own I say, i respect everyone’s choice as it has been well earned. We however choose not to wear our badge on board and find that we still receive the service that we enjoyed from day one, that encouraged us to take cruise 2 and so on.

I have achieved various things in my short life, the ability to cruise often is one of them, being Pinnacle is a recognition offered to us by Royal, we appreciate it but it si only a status reflective on a small part of my life, it is only what i am when on a Royal ship, not who I am as a human, I will not be putting it on my gravestone,

I wish you well with your quest, but as regular cruiser you will know that on board a Quest is a silly game show that has a short lived amount of pleasure. I hope you continue to cruise as long as your health allows but stating that you will slow up a bit after reaching your goal might indicate to some that you know there are alternatives in life.

And despite what others might write here on CC, you will find the cruisers that get to P are in general a great bunch, but you already know that because as a high point cruiser you have sailed with many over the years and are probably friends with many. Those of us that have been lucky enough to be able to retire should enjoy every moment, I hope you do.

My husband and I really wanted to make Diamond (for some reason) and we're almost Diamond Plus but really.....we don't drink and it seems that most of the perks are related to alcohol. We will probably make Diamond Plus but the difference for us is mainly boarding the ship. Since my husband is 73 and I am 69, the chances of us making anything above D+ is unlikely.

We are retired and average 5 per year. We do an east bound and westbound TA every year and usually add on a 7 to 12 night to make them a B2B plus land time in Europe making each trip around 30 days. We usually do at least 1 shorter 7 night out of Galveston and sometimes make that a B2B. If they would change the itinerary we would do more, but we've been to all of those ports at least 10 times so it becomes less appealing even though we don't have to fly and the ships in Galveston are good. Leaving on liberty next Sunday.

We love traveling in Europe and will visit South America 3/19 for the first time on a 24 night B2B. Retirement is wonderful as long as you have prepared financially and have reasonably good health.

Thanks! 61 years old and time to cruise into retirement with a B2B. Our first also! Can't wait to not put luggage out the end of the first leg! ;p
Watch out as b2b gets addictive and then you will be doing b3b. [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We fly from Hawaii. So it's is about 13 hours of flying to get to Florida for our cruises. We are lucky to travel to Florida about 3 times a year. We do Disneyworld, universal and then get to cruise.

While working, 2-3 a year. Now that we are both retired, we seem to do 2 a year because we go to Siesta Key in Florida every June now for around 10 days. Plus, I visit my daughter out in Kansas City 2 weeks a year and my son in Michigan for a week or so. We also squeeze in shorter vacations, like Cape Cod, etc.

Working. Usually three weeks a year covering 2 - 3 cruises. Last year we took 4. A 7 day back to crack on Harmony of the Seas, a 5 day on Anthem of the seas and a 7 day on Celebrity Summit. This year we have a 14 day on Celbrity Eclipse and a 7 day Celebrity Summit booked.

We fly from Hawaii. So it's is about 13 hours of flying to get to Florida for our cruises. We are lucky to travel to Florida about 3 times a year. We do Disneyworld, universal and then get to cruise.

Wow..what an amazing trip (Disney parks and cruises are my favorite vacations). Guess if you are flying that far, you should make the best of it.