Any of these islands not worth touring?

Reijo

We have a Southern Caribbean cruise coming up. Several of the islands we have been to before and toured but I don't know about the others. St. Johns, St. Lucia & Barbados are three we've never be to. Any information as to what there is to see, tours or don't waste your time? Appreciate any help.

We have a Southern Caribbean cruise coming up. Several of the islands we have been to before and toured but I don't know about the others. St. Johns, St. Lucia & Barbados are three we've never be to. Any information as to what there is to see, tours or don't waste your time? Appreciate any help.

We always get off at all the ports we visit. Along with others suggesting what not to miss things to do, check out this link for your ports. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

We LOVE LOVE LOVE the southern Caribbean. Antigua is my favorite, St Lucia is hubby's favorite. But we love all three of those. Totally get off and explore. Back in the day when we first starting going to these places, we toured all over. Now we have been there so many times, we just hit our favorite beaches and relax for the day.

I would not skip any of them!

St. Lucia is incredibly beautiful. Take a boat to Sugar Beach and enjoy the view of the Pitons. One of our best excursions to date. Barbados is on my must visit list. So, if I were you, I would do some research and enjoy each port.

St Lucia is incredibly beautiful. We did the mud baths. They were a little touristy but the tour there and back was amazing. Buffet lunch included and our tour guide was amazing. I'd live there if I could. Breathtakingly beautiful. Barbados is also a very beautiful island. We did the cave tour which was interesting. Again, a very, very beautiful island.

edited to add: my daughter says if you eat the food of a country it ensures you'll go back. We ate lunch at every port we visited.

In Barbados - if you want to see the island - just get off the ship and find a cabbie that will take you on a tour of all the cool places - bargain with him for a good price. have him take you all over, so many cool places to see there-old churches, fort areas, the cliff, etc. Just a really cool place to tour.

Boatyard is great, but we now go to Accra beach instead. Either is awesome, you cannot go wrong going either place. Accra is just a little further down from The Boatyard.

in St Lucia - take a tour that takes you to the Pitons and volcanoes and Plantation. We have done it a few times and it is always good

Antigua - again - there are so many vendors when you get off, just go and find one to take you on a tour. bargain with them for the best price. so many cools things to see - have them take you to Devil's Bridge, Nelson's Dockyard, etc. Just a lot of really cool places to see. There is also an old church right in St Johns that you can walk to, it is up the hill. You can see it from the port

Whatever you do, have a wonderful time! If you have any questions, I will try to answer them as we have been to these islands many, many times and never tire of them.

St. John is an island in the U.S.V.I. RCI ships don't stop there. I assume you mean Antigua. St. John's is the port city that RCI ships call on. Antigua has lot of options for things to do. Do you like beaches. Antigua has (I think) 360 of them!

IMO These are great ports. In Barbados we did a Jeep tour which included the Harrison Caves (amazing). St Lucia, is so beautiful. We began on tour bus which included stops at the inactive volcano, mud bath, Pitons and a Creole lunch. We then transferred to catamaran enjoyed refreshments, music, dancing and visit to a Black sand beach. Antigua we did a Catamaran Day, 2 beaches for swimming/snorkelling and a lobster & champagne lunch. Lots of music and fun in the sun!

IMO These are great ports. In Barbados we did a Jeep tour which included the Harrison Caves (amazing). St Lucia, is so beautiful. We began on tour bus which included stops at the inactive volcano, mud bath, Pitons and a Creole lunch. We then transferred to catamaran enjoyed refreshments, music, dancing and visit to a Black sand beach. Antigua we did a Catamaran Day, 2 beaches for swimming/snorkelling and a lobster & champagne lunch. Lots of music and fun in the sun!

In Barbados - if you want to see the island - just get off the ship and find a cabbie that will take you on a tour of all the cool places - bargain with him for a good price. have him take you all over, so many cool places to see there-old churches, fort areas, the cliff, etc. Just a really cool place to tour.

Boatyard is great, but we now go to Accra beach instead. Either is awesome, you cannot go wrong going either place. Accra is just a little further down from The Boatyard.

in St Lucia - take a tour that takes you to the Pitons and volcanoes and Plantation. We have done it a few times and it is always good

Antigua - again - there are so many vendors when you get off, just go and find one to take you on a tour. bargain with them for the best price. so many cools things to see - have them take you to Devil's Bridge, Nelson's Dockyard, etc. Just a lot of really cool places to see. There is also an old church right in St Johns that you can walk to, it is up the hill. You can see it from the port

Whatever you do, have a wonderful time! If you have any questions, I will try to answer them as we have been to these islands many, many times and never tire of them.

Agree on Nelson’s Dockyard in Antigua. As for Barbados, I would recommend a taxi down to the beach at Bathsheba....gorgeous water and rock formations there as well. On the way, people will pass the Banyan trees, which were originally called “Barbados,” or “the bearded ones,” hence the reason the island was named Barbados.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said, St. Lucia is awesome and an island tour is a great idea. We personally did a land and sea tour with Spencer Ambrose and it was fantastic:

http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/spencers-land-and-sea-adventure1/

In Barbados we went snorkeling with Calabaza:

http://sailcalabaza.com/

I almost went to the boatyard instead but I don't regret paying the cost of Calabaza, it was a great day. If we go back we'll probably give the Boatyard a try. Or maybe an island tour.. there is a lot to do in Barbados for sure.

In Antigua we have done a Catamaran "See Antigua by Sea" tour that we booked with the cruise line, and we have done an island tour with Scenic Tours Antigua:

http://scenictoursantigua.com/v2/online-bookings/tour/island-experience/

Both were great days and we wouldn't hesitate to do either again.

St Lucia has the highest salinity so you can float in the water endlessly!

I found the same in Antigua and St Kitts as well. We snorkeled without life jackets and literally just floated in the water for hours. I’ve never been able to float before, I always sink.

We did an excellent comprehensive tour of St. Lucia with Cosol. Probably one of the best island tours we ever experienced. It included some beach time as well, and oh, what a view we had of the Pitons! Do not miss this gorgeous island! We also loved Boatyard Beach in Barbados. Antigua is also worth exploring. Their claim to fame is 365 beaches--one for each day of the year.