FTTF Tips?

Dev123

Good evening!

Now that I have gotten to know this board I have learned that FTTF is something I definitely would like as it will be my honeymoon and I am trying to go 100% stress free the whole way LOL. My cruise is currently sold out for FTTF (sail late March 2018) and was just wondering anyone's tips on when to check and how often to see if any open up?

Thank you so much!

Our cruise is March 24 and FTTF was previously sold out but came up last week with availability and is still showing availability now. I would suggest to keep checking every day, maybe twice as it only takes a few seconds. I have heard that if it comes available it can sell out quickly so it might be an oddity that our cruise still has it available.

Our cruise is March 24 and FTTF was previously sold out but came up last week with availability and is still showing availability now. I would suggest to keep checking every day, maybe twice as it only takes a few seconds. I have heard that if it comes available it can sell out quickly so it might be an oddity that our cruise still has it available.

I sail out March 24th as well! It doesn't happen to be the Vista does it? (As mine still shows sold out)

I would guess there's no rhyme or reason as to when it becomes available other than they hit a certain capacity sold of the total ship. At that point, if there isn't too many platinum/diamond members, they will release a limited quantity for sale.

Good evening!

Now that I have gotten to know this board I have learned that FTTF is something I definitely would like as it will be my honeymoon and I am trying to go 100% stress free the whole way LOL. My cruise is currently sold out for FTTF (sail late March 2018) and was just wondering anyone's tips on when to check and how often to see if any open up?

Thank you so much!

Keep checking but i thing you are out of luck.

Like others have stated, keep trying. You might see it will open up. Check as often as you can. I would check several times a day if you can. Also, in the event that you don't get to buy FTTF, don't worry. Your cruise will still be stress free and fun! Get to the port early. You may have to wait around for a while, but the earlier you get there, the closer you get to boarding the ship! IMO. Happy Honeymoon!!

I see it differently. I don't like waiting in the terminal. IF you don't get FTTF get to port around 1:15 PM. All the lines will be gone and you will walk right on the ship. By that time the rooms will be ready and you can drop your luggage and grab a late lunch.

The Lido food venues empty out around 1:30 because by then everyone has had lunch and is ready to drop their carry ons in the room. Just my thought.

I see it differently. I don't like waiting in the terminal. IF you don't get FTTF get to port around 1:15 PM. All the lines will be gone and you will walk right on the ship. By that time the rooms will be ready and you can drop your luggage and grab a late lunch.

The Lido food venues empty out around 1:30 because by then everyone has had lunch and is ready to drop their carry ons in the room. Just my thought.

Honestly, that sounds better than waiting around. I personally am just super anxious and want to get on the ship ASAP....so I think I will always have the mindset that the earlier I get there, the earlier I will get onboard. I haven't cruised in awhile, but I am sure with staggered check in this might not even matter or be the case anymore. I could see your approach being more sensible! :)

I once got FTTF right after midnight. It was gone by morning. For my cruise on the Breeze last month, I got it as soon as they first offered it. I do know though that it opened back up a couple of times, the last time being just a couple of weeks before the cruise so it pays to keep checking.

We did notice one odd thing about FTTF this time though and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it was just a mistake. We were a group of about 14 people. Most of us had FTTF and all of our bookings were linked. One couple who booked kind of late, were never able to get FTTF, although they tried. When they were checking in they were told that they had FTTF and to proceed on through (they had previously not noticed that their boarding passes said FTTF because they were not looking for it). That was the only time they were told they had FTTF though. They did not get a FTTF sticker on their Sail and Sign cards. We were wondering if their boarding passes showed FTTF because their booking was linked with others with FTTF. Is it possible that Carnival does this with people because they might all be wanting to board together? Or was it just a glitch?

I once got FTTF right after midnight. It was gone by morning. For my cruise on the Breeze last month, I got it as soon as they first offered it. I do know though that it opened back up a couple of times, the last time being just a couple of weeks before the cruise so it pays to keep checking.

We did notice one odd thing about FTTF this time though and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it was just a mistake. We were a group of about 14 people. Most of us had FTTF and all of our bookings were linked. One couple who booked kind of late, were never able to get FTTF, although they tried. When they were checking in they were told that they had FTTF and to proceed on through (they had previously not noticed that their boarding passes said FTTF because they were not looking for it). That was the only time they were told they had FTTF though. They did not get a FTTF sticker on their Sail and Sign cards. We were wondering if their boarding passes showed FTTF because their booking was linked with others with FTTF. Is it possible that Carnival does this with people because they might all be wanting to board together? Or was it just a glitch?

HeidiHo

I just recently purchased FTTF for our upcoming cruise and noticed something a little odd on the purchasing for our linked reservation. I have two other staterooms linked to mine since we are a family group. When I selected the FTTF for our stateroom, it automatically entered it for the other two bookings linked with mine. I was going to purchase it for all three staterooms anyway but thought it was interesting that it automatically applied it without me doing anything to specifically select FTTF for those other bookings. If someone wasn't carefully checking the charge total, an extra FTTF could easily be purchased for a linked booking. I wonder if someone else paid for your friends who didn't purchase it.

HeidiHo

I just recently purchased FTTF for our upcoming cruise and noticed something a little odd on the purchasing for our linked reservation. I have two other staterooms linked to mine since we are a family group. When I selected the FTTF for our stateroom, it automatically entered it for the other two bookings linked with mine. I was going to purchase it for all three staterooms anyway but thought it was interesting that it automatically applied it without me doing anything to specifically select FTTF for those other bookings. If someone wasn't carefully checking the charge total, an extra FTTF could easily be purchased for a linked booking. I wonder if someone else paid for your friends who didn't purchase it.

I think this is an improvement. Usually a group will all want to get it, and it makes it very convenient. This also works for booking all excursions. You can click which members of the entire party are going all in one transaction.

If someone does accidentally purchase a FTTF for a cabin they don't need, they have until 1-3 days (I forget the policy) to cancel for a full refund.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

HeidiHo

I suppose that's possible but I doubt if someone "accidentally" purchased it for them since it was only on their boarding pass. Beyond that, they didn't have FTTF. There was no sticker on their card. Also, this couple wasn't even booked yet when the rest of us purchased FTTF. That's why they didn't purchase it. They booked much later than the rest of us and it was no longer available.

I suppose that's possible but I doubt if someone "accidentally" purchased it for them since it was only on their boarding pass. Beyond that, they didn't have FTTF. There was no sticker on their card. Also, this couple wasn't even booked yet when the rest of us purchased FTTF. That's why they didn't purchase it. They booked much later than the rest of us and it was no longer available.

There was a glitch in the boarding pass printing system. When we entered the terminal in Dec. 2017 we were asked if we actually purchased it (we did) and then they apologized and said it was a printing error they were working on, so they were just making sure. You got just lucky.

I have done a ton of FTTF stalking over my past several sailings and 2 group cruises that I was leader of. The folks who say there is no science to when or how they release them are 100% correct according to my experience. I can also tell you that if someone cancels thier FTTF that it drops right back into stock and shows up as available. We had a cabin cancel from our group and we had another cabin with FTTF opened. We cancelled the one cabin and immediately refreshed the FTTF page and one ticket was newly available. So the moral of the story is check early and check often :D