Priva Sea cabin

Sheshefran

They are usually at the very front or back or both along the sides of the ship. AKA "Hull Balcony".

NCL has them labeled as Priva Sea now on the deckplans. One unfortunate bride on her honeymoon wasn't aware her balcony was a hull balcony and cried on the bed the whole time (per her account).

Thank you for asking this, I have been wondering what it means as well. In particular on an SC two bedroom suite on the Dawn -- the ones farthest forward on deck 11, numbers 11510 and 11010, are marked as PrivaSea. So how is the balcony partially enclosed? Or if anyone has a photo that would help.

They are usually at the very front or back or both along the sides of the ship. AKA "Hull Balcony".

NCL has them labeled as Priva Sea now on the deckplans. One unfortunate bride on her honeymoon wasn't aware her balcony was a hull balcony and cried on the bed the whole time (per her account).

Wow.

“It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” ~ Epictetus

Oh wow. That's worse than I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not all PrivaSea balconies are the same. The image Sauer-Kraut posted looks like the type of hull balcony you would see on the Epic. There is no way I would book a PrivaSea balcony on the Epic.

On the Jewel class ships and the Star and the Dawn they look much different and really aren’t bad at all. As a matter of fact the PrivaSea balconies on these ships offer better protection from wind and weather.

When we cruised on the Dawn we were assigned to a PrivaSea (hull) balcony and were quite satisfied with it. Here are a couple of pictures.

A view looking out to the balcony from our cabin.

2hob6s7.jpg

The balconies on deck 8 were just as wide as the balconies above them but they were partially enclosed by the hull. The red arrow points to the hull balcony we were assigned.

35apxef.jpg

I was in a PrivaSea balcony on the Jade (8022) and thought that I would be disappointed having been in a “traditional” balcony before. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Three benefits: 1) those in the cabins next to you cannot lean over and look into your balcony; 2) those in the cabins next to you cannot look into your cabin from the reflection in the lower glass; and 3) smoke and noise levels from the cabins next to you are reduced.

It was nice having privacy and still be able to get a decent amount of sun.

As an earlier poster stated, not all hull balconies are the same, and I would have been upset had I had the balcony in the first picture. I would suggest that anyone looking for pictures of these balconies go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com and check there before booking.

Not all PrivaSea balconies are the same. The image Sauer-Kraut posted looks like the type of hull balcony you would see on the Epic. There is no way I would book a PrivaSea balcony on the Epic.

On the Jewel class ships and the Star and the Dawn they look much different and really aren’t bad at all. As a matter of fact the PrivaSea balconies on these ships offer better protection from wind and weather.

When we cruised on the Dawn we were assigned to a PrivaSea (hull) balcony and were quite satisfied with it. Here are a couple of pictures.

2hob6s7.jpg

The balconies on deck 8 were just as wide as the balconies above them but they were partially enclosed by the hull. The red arrow points to the hull balcony we were assigned.

35apxef.jpg

Nice balcony. I would go for it.

2hob6s7.jpg

35apxef.jpg

Thank you for posting these photos. We were just upgraded from an Ocean View to a Priva-sea balcony room. I was thinking we would like it and these pictures are helpful reassurance. :)

Jenn

Myrtle Beach[emoji267]

• 5 months later...

I had one as an upgrade on the Star through the Panama Canal in April 2018. Stateroom 10010.

The upgrade came with the warning that it was an enclosed balcony. I had trepidation but, when I saw it, I was fine. I also was not smart enough to take a "real" picture of it. Shame on me. It looked nothing like that terrible arrangement that Sauer-kraut posted (I'd cry too) but just like what Oakman58 posted. Thanks Oakman!

That makes sense because I believe the Star and the Dawn are very similar. I did lean over the balcony (keep my secret eh?) and clean the glass that goes from the rail to the floor to make viewing better but that was really my only complaint.

Would a "real" balcony be better? Probably. Still, I was totally satisfied with the experience.

Enjoy your cruise.

2hob6s7.jpg

35apxef.jpg

Pretty off topic but I couldn’t resist... the 70’s called and wants their cabin back[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few people have posted that an enclosed balcony can be a very good thing if the weather is cold, wet, or windy. I'm bidding on a balcony upgrade for a New England-Canada cruise in October, where the weather is likely to be all of those, and if I receive an upgrade to a PrivaSea balcony I won't complain at all.

I will cruise on the Norwegian Jewel on August 27 and I was assigned a Privasea Balcony. I was a little concerned at first but after my personal cruise consultant sent me the video below showing a room like mine, in a different deck, I realized not all Privasea were created equal... I really loved mine!

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2018 at 11:55 PM, SeaExplorer1950 said:

I will cruise on the Norwegian Jewel on August 27 and I was assigned a Privasea Balcony. I was a little concerned at first but after my personal cruise consultant sent me the video below showing a room like mine, in a different deck, I realized not all Privasea were created equal... I really loved mine!

Thank you for this video!  We are booked in cabin 9010 on the Star and were glad to see what our balcony will look like.   This looks good to us!