My NCL cruises and ROYAL weddings

Oceansaway17

I had to smile when Prince Harry announced his plan to marry in May 2018.

You see when William married Catherine I was on the first season of the NCL EPIC in April 2011.

I had a studio room and all I had to do was set the alarm and reach over to remote control and turn on the wedding at 6 am.

Now I will be on the NCL BLISS (Panama Canal) first season and I am again in a studio room. So once again I will set the alarm and just reach for the remote control. I am hoping just like with William on the Epic that the Bliss will rebroadcast the wedding on the large screen in the atrium.

BTW. I was in Vancouver for the Worlds Fair in 1986 when Prince Andrew got married. Seems like my vacations align with Royal Weddings.

toodles all. Very excited to be on the Bliss. Sure wish the dining reservations will open up soon. I did get the Thermal SPA but I had to call.

Geee!!!!! 191 folks viewed and not one had a comment of any kind.

Too bad these boards are about complaining and/or asking stupid questions over and over again about drink pkgs or room numbers. Oh well I thought a refreshing comment of some kind would be welcome.

Guess I was wrong then.

We were cruising when William and Catherine got married. I didn’t set the alarm to watch it live...but tuned in to CNN or something (guess there was nothing happening in the world that day) which rebroadcast the highlights over and over again. Sigh. I loved it. After it started again for the fifth time my husband said “Do you think we could leave the cabin now?”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on that Epic cruise with you. That morning I woke up with a stomach bug and stayed in bed watching Earth and the wedding. It kept me entertained well enough. Didn't they have a fancy tea in the atrium that day as well?

I would have never have thought to get up early to watch a Royal Wedding. Maybe the Winter Olympics (we are active in the speed skating world) or a Green Bay Packer game. But even then, vacation might over rule those too.

I had to smile when Prince Harry announced his plan to marry in May 2018.

You see when William married Catherine I was on the first season of the NCL EPIC in April 2011.

I had a studio room and all I had to do was set the alarm and reach over to remote control and turn on the wedding at 6 am.

Now I will be on the NCL BLISS (Panama Canal) first season and I am again in a studio room. So once again I will set the alarm and just reach for the remote control. I am hoping just like with William on the Epic that the Bliss will rebroadcast the wedding on the large screen in the atrium.

BTW. I was in Vancouver for the Worlds Fair in 1986 when Prince Andrew got married. Seems like my vacations align with Royal Weddings.

toodles all. Very excited to be on the Bliss. Sure wish the dining reservations will open up soon. I did get the Thermal SPA but I had to call.

So funny...I will be in Spain, or in transit to board NCL Epic on the 20th of May. I have a reminder to set my PVR at home to see it....love a royal wedding.

We were on that Epic cruise with you. That morning I woke up with a stomach bug and stayed in bed watching Earth and the wedding. It kept me entertained well enough. Didn't they have a fancy tea in the atrium that day as well?

Aw then do you also remember one night when the ship was listing and the captain came on speaker at 1am. Very strange and some one was spreading rumors we were taking on water.

Then again I had a great time up on deck hearing a love sick teenager asking anyone for advice.

I liked the Epic and I am sorry you had a stomach bug. thanks for replying.

We were cruising when William and Catherine got married. I didn’t set the alarm to watch it live...but tuned in to CNN or something (guess there was nothing happening in the world that day) which rebroadcast the highlights over and over again. Sigh. I loved it. After it started again for the fifth time my husband said “Do you think we could leave the cabin now?”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AW thanks for the chuckle. I only watched in room and then again in atrium. I mean it was very early and I still got breakfast at 9am.

Thanks for replying. I merely wanted to share a cute story for a change on these threadsl

I see I got flamed once though.

THAT's why they divorced, which led to her death!!!

;p:p

hmmm interesting comment.

So I will mention that only Charles and Diana got to honeymoon on the Royal Yacht. Later it was sold and is on displayed in Edinburgh Scotland. I was able to see it and it is very interesting.

You're spending a lot of money to watch TV.

Um okay so watching TV at 6 am for a couple of hours was waste of time in your opinion.

My what an odd reply to just a nice story I wanted to share. :loudcry: Cry me a river then dude.

Geee!!!!! 191 folks viewed and not one had a comment of any kind.

Too bad these boards are about complaining and/or asking stupid questions over and over again about drink pkgs or room numbers. Oh well I thought a refreshing comment of some kind would be welcome.

Guess I was wrong then.

Maybe they all thought this thread was going to be about your experience with a wedding on RoyalCCL, as I did.

I think that was a lovely story. Apparently, you were not cruising when Charles and Diana wed. Thanks for sharing

I was!!! I was on a land-sea package tour that included 5 days in the Greek Islands. It was so long ago, I can't even remember the line. It was one of those tours marketed to high-schoolers, so we were in hostels & YMCAs for the land portion. Four to a cabin in steerage on the ship. Needless to say, no teevees

Edited by trivimp
emoji failure

Aw then do you also remember one night when the ship was listing and the captain came on speaker at 1am. Very strange and some one was spreading rumors we were taking on water.

Then again I had a great time up on deck hearing a love sick teenager asking anyone for advice.

I liked the Epic and I am sorry you had a stomach bug. thanks for replying.

Yessss!!! He came over the PA System into the rooms just to wake us up and tell us we were "adrift at sea". I never heard we were taking on water. Earlier in the cruise (maybe the day before) we temporarily lost power near the end of a port day, so I figured it was the same thing.

It was just a 12 hour bug! I woke up around 4am with it and around 5pm I was able to get to the buffet for some plain noodles.