Sorrento's Pizza

johnnyb78

Sailing with 4 boys who ALL love pizza later this year and they've read or heard about Sorrento's and of course are excited for it. However, it seems as all I have read on here is critical reports of the pizza they have, can anyone who's eaten it recently compare it to a national chain pizza place so I have a point of reference? We have Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, and Pizza Inn (might be a regional chain, you don't see many of them around anymore) in our area.

Or even if it compares closer to a frozen pizza, what brand would you say it's similar to?

Sailing with 4 boys who ALL love pizza later this year and they've read or heard about Sorrento's and of course are excited for it. However, it seems as all I have read on here is critical reports of the pizza they have, can anyone who's eaten it recently compare it to a national chain pizza place so I have a point of reference? We have Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, and Pizza Inn (might be a regional chain, you don't see many of them around anymore) in our area.

Or even if it compares closer to a frozen pizza, what brand would you say it's similar to?

I'll eat anything but Sorrento's pizza is just plain horrible. I have already planned on paying for room service at night for something to eat instead of eating that pizza and I am a cheapskate.

As someone else posted before about the pizza. They described it as cardboard with ketchup on it.

Bill

My five year old DD loved it on the Allure in April. I think if your kids have typical young-kid palates, they will also be happy with it. I found it to be perfectly fine and probably most comparable to Pizza Hut.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the poster who asked which ship, we will be sailing on the oasis

As others have mentioned, Oasis class ships have the option to make your own pizza, which is much better than just grabbing a slice of whatever is pre-made.

This is one of those areas with a wide range of opinions. Personally, I've always found their pizza to be fine - certainly not the greatest pizza you're going to eat, but decent enough for a quick snack.

When you're a kid...is there even such a thing as "bad" pizza? It's cheese and bread. I know when I was a kid I was happy just to be able to have pizza whether it be frozen, delivery, whatever. Thinking back to what they served in the cafeteria at my elementary school, I'd say Sorrento's would be gourmet compared to that garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've noticed if it's something they like ok is described as, "it's ok".. If it's something they don't like it's described as, " the absolutely worst junk I have ever eaten and I wouldn't feed it to my worst enemy." Likers are a little less descriptive with their opinions than non likers.

I think it is freshly made so comparisons to frozen pizza seem off to me in my experience. I think teens/kids will Iike it just fine unless they are picky and like gourmet pizza.

As many others have said it is ok. Nothing special but to me it is decent pizza. I think it can vary ship to ship but oasis was fine to me. My wife is picky and she is fine with it.

Thinking back to what they served in the cafeteria at my elementary school, I'd say Sorrento's would be gourmet compared to that garbage.

I don't know. Sorrento's and school cafeteria pizza are hard to tell apart. I have to be really drunk to want Sorrento's.

National chain pizza is a step up.

Had a few slices on Liberty in January.. Was fine. Did the trick when I was hungry. Nothing to write home about but not horrible either.

As others have mentioned, Oasis class ships have the option to make your own pizza, which is much better than just grabbing a slice of whatever is pre-made.

This is one of those areas with a wide range of opinions. Personally, I've always found their pizza to be fine - certainly not the greatest pizza you're going to eat, but decent enough for a quick snack.

Same here when we were on Anthem last month.

As others have said try to get this pizza when hot just out of the oven.

If you get it fresh and piping hot it is not bad.

Ditto, If you see the guy consolidate pizzas on to one platter, make sure he gives you the hot one. I did see a slight improvement on my last Adventure cruise, no sorrentos there though.