Sorrento's Pizza

johnnyb78

I like the pizza. Its not thick or super doughy on crust which I appreciate. I do like papa johns when I'm in the mood but when I see people saying it is soooo terrible don't really get the hate. I too have had good and bad on same cruise but its not the end of the world.

To the poster who asked which ship, we will be sailing on the oasis

On the Oasis class I have found the made to order personal pizza good. It takes 10 minutes, but teenagers hanging out in that area and socializing shouldn't mind it.

personal.jpg

Personally, I don’t care for it. But based on the number of kids, teens & young adults I see with pizza plates, I’d say it is probably okay, and your kids won’t mind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One small area in which definitely Carnival > Royal Caribbean. I do not care for Royal Caribbean pizza. Your average frozen pizza is better. Its a frozen crust and imitation cheese product

Carnival > Royal when it comes to any and all quick service food. Outside of "traditional" dining hours, there's nothing "free" that's worth eating on a Royal ship.

It's very much like any of the chain pizza stores. I consider that a step above frozen, but just not in the same category as your favorite local pizza place. For me, the whole thing is just too gloppy. Very cheesy and doughy. But some people like that in pizza. I'm guessing your teens will scarf it down with no complaints.

Anyone who has eaten Sorrentos and likes it, never had good Pizza.

L&B Spumoni gardens Graves End Brooklyn. Tortonos, Coney Island. That’s the real deal.

Sorrentos does not pass with its soggy crust, canned gravy, processed mozzarella... awwwwwwwww. It’s the best pizza on RCCLS ships after 10pm. It’s like eating rotten pizza off a subway platform after a bum vomited 🤮 on it. Trust me. I tried this once. So I know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Oasis last month and didn't see anything about making your own. I ate my share of the pizza and enjoyed it. It's just thin cheap pizza but that's what I like. Some people may expect a deep dish loaded pizza. If that's the case I can see disappointment. I enjoyed it though.

I was on Oasis last month and didn't see anything about making your own. I ate my share of the pizza and enjoyed it. It's just thin cheap pizza but that's what I like. Some people may expect a deep dish loaded pizza. If that's the case I can see disappointment. I enjoyed it though.

It's not something that's obvious - you often just have to ask at the counter if they can make a specific pizza and they'll usually just ask what you want on it. Like someone else said, it takes 10 minutes or so, but it's hot and fresh.

Frozen pizza at best and nasty frozen pizza at that. Only had it on the Oasis and we gave it a few tries. The crusts taste pre-made, very cardboardy. The cheese was chewy guck, not sure it was actually real cheese.

JMO

Same. I think frozen from the grocery store is better. Crust was funky to say the least.

So if we want to walk up and order a couple of all meat, extra cheese and heavy sauce pizzas, as long as we are willing to wait there shouldn't be an issue? We are sailing with a couple of other families we know (not an organized group thing, I found a good deal during the kids sail free sale last summer and shared it with some friends and they decided to jump on it too) and the dads and kids may do this one day and take it back to one of the bigger rooms or just hang out in Central Park to eat one day.

Johnny, Which ship are you going on? The Oasis class ships do have a make your own pizza section which is decent enough.

We sailed on Allure in January and they no longer had the make your own pizza section. I thought the pizza was tons better than it was last year when we sailed. Last year it seemed to me they were using fake cheese, but this time I thought it was pretty good.

The area that was the make your own pizza now has salads some days and small sandwiches other days.

For some of us, planning is part of the fun. ;)

I agree! Thats why we come here, to get our questions answered.

My kids loved sorrentos, however, im not sure it was about quality so much as having the freedom to go to a 'restaurant' on their own.

As a native New Yorker I can attest that it is not real pizza, it’s what everyone outside of NY calls pizza. My daughter compares it to Chuck E Cheese pizza. If you haven’t grown up in NY, you’ll like it though. It’s not bad. I’m just partial to thin crust, which is why I think Carnival’s pizza is the best cruise pizza.

Your kids will like it though, I’m sure. Have a great trip!

Christina

P.S. my daughter read this and told me I sound like a rude New Yorker. I don’t mean to sound like a pizza snob, I’m sorry. ( But we really DO have the best pizza.)

As a native New Yorker I can attest that it is not real pizza, it’s what everyone outside of NY calls pizza. My daughter compares it to Chuck E Cheese pizza. If you haven’t grown up in NY, you’ll like it though. It’s not bad. I’m just partial to thin crust, which is why I think Carnival’s pizza is the best cruise pizza.

Your kids will like it though, I’m sure. Have a great trip!

Christina

P.S. my daughter read this and told me I sound like a rude New Yorker. I don’t mean to sound like a pizza snob, I’m sorry. ( But we really DO have the best pizza.)

Your daughter is right. Lol.

All kidding aside (pardon the pun) there is great pizza everywhere in America. Sorry, nothing special about NY pizza. Been there and had it. It is just like anywhere, there is good and bad within the city.

Besides, thin pizza is a preference not an indicator of quality. There are many in the Midwest that would argue all day long that Chicago style pizza is the best. That doesn’t make them right either. It is all about personal preference.