Typical evening dining room attire for men?

For the typical, I am hoping a nice polo shirt and nice cargo shorts will work.

For the formal, I am hoping the same as above, :'), if not, I hope I can get by with a nice pair of cargo shorts and a button down collar shirt.

Am I close?

Nice shirt and slacks no shorts or jeans casual for all nights but formal, Formal nights suit is the proper thing to ware I feal

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

this might be 10 years ago, but regular nights shorts and a polo shirt are just fine. I have not even brought a jacket and tie for several years. elegant night slacks and a button down shirt are more the norm than suits. I only bring 3 pairs of footwear, flip flops, sneakers, and top siders, that's it.

Not true about wearing whatever you want on Elegant Night.

I have been on ships where men in shorts were turned away on that night.

I know that is not true across the whole fleet but why take the chance??

Is it difficult to wear long pants on that night???

I've read the dress code on Carnival.com and I've read a number of posts on various threads. I have decided I will wear Jeans and a Polo Shirt on casual nights and a long sleeve shirt, most likely with tie and sports coat, khakis on "Elegant Night". Seems to be what they are asking for in the dress code and what I feel comfortable doing. I actually look forward to seeing how others dress, I love people watching, to enjoy the variety and not to judge.

For the formal, I am hoping the same as above, :'), if not, I hope I can get by with a nice pair of cargo shorts and a button down collar shirt.

Am I close?

Not for formal night.

You can wear what you want but you may be turned away from the dining room in shorts and you’ll definitely be under dressed in comparison to the majority.

Am I close?

We saw several men turned away at the hostess stand on elegant night. One of the wives scolded her husband, "I told you so"

My husband wears khakis or slacks all regular nights, with polo shirt most of those nights. Formal night he wears tux. We are not old fogeys and are somewhat new to cruising (one in 2006, all rest within last 5 years). We look forward to the chance to dress up. He likes being James Bond wearing his tux.

You will see a lot of everything. At bare minimum on elegant night I typically see khakis or slacks with a polo shirt. I see most men are in slacks with button shirt and tie, and/or jacket/suit on elegant night. But I do see a LOT of men in tuxes. As a general rule, ladies are more dressed up than men on all nights. So men might be in slacks & button shirt while the ladies are in sparkly cocktail dress on formal night. You will see some men in shorts or jeans on regular nights, but not very many compared to most in khakis or slacks.

If you don't have dress clothes, you can get some pants cheap from a consignment shop, or goodwill type place. Who would ever have any idea where they came from ? Or, you can find a tux at JC Penney $32 for shirt, tie, cummerbund, buttons, cufflinks, $32 slacks, $72 jacket. So $136 all in.

We saw several men turned away at the hostess stand on elegant night. One of the wives scolded her husband, "I told you so"

Finally.... someone posts they have seen this LOL Carnival needs to do more of this consistently!!

Nice shirt and slacks no shorts or jeans casual for all nights but formal, Formal nights suit is the proper thing to ware I feal

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

This is simply incorrect. You do not have to wear a suit anytime. You can also wear shorts except elegant nights.

I typically wear some sort of cargo type shorts with a nice shirt and on elegant nights I wear khaki pants and a polo shirt.

Anything goes on the Walmart of the Seas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like Walmart. Anything does not go. The Maitee'd is getting more vigilant as more people complain about shorts on elegant night, and I'm one of them

Typical non-elegant night is "business casual" wear, anything you would be proud to wear to work.

For elegant night, personally I would wear a sport coat and tie, but you will see everything from a Tuxedo on down. If you have a nice suit, that would be perfect.

This is simply incorrect. You do not have to wear a suit anytime. You can also wear shorts except elegant nights.

I typically wear some sort of cargo type shorts with a nice shirt and on elegant nights I wear khaki pants and a polo shirt.

This is acceptable per Carnival guidelines assuming your shirt with the shorts is collared

My husband wears khakis or slacks all regular nights, with polo shirt most of those nights. Formal night he wears tux. We are not old fogeys and are somewhat new to cruising (one in 2006, all rest within last 5 years). We look forward to the chance to dress up. He likes being James Bond wearing his tux.

Love it when a man likes to look his best and knows how to dress! My husband plans to dress similarly to yours, but he will either wear his dress blues or a suit on elegant night.

Did they recently change the dress code? I thought they required long pants and collared shirts every night, and they recommended a coat on Elegant nights, but I checked and they allow dress shorts on Casual evenings now (except in the Steakhouse, where they apparently require long pants every night).

Did they recently change the dress code? I thought they required long pants and collared shirts every night, and they recommended a coat on Elegant nights, but I checked and they allow dress shorts on Casual evenings now (except in the Steakhouse, where they apparently require long pants every night).

Those days are long gone. Almost anything goes just has to be a step above your beach ware