Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I can’t get in either and I tired both Fire Fox and IE. I was able log in to the Celebrity webpage with no problems (they must not have started migrating their database yet). I did find a couple cruises on Celebrity that interested me; but am not even considering booking one of them until the “quality IT people” at RCI or RCCL figures out how to merge the two databases correctly.

This reminds me of the glorious fun I had a few years ago after they did the last major upgrade to the RCI website, with trying to get logged in for a couple weeks or more; then doing anything on their website after I finally was able to login. It looks like they still have the same “highly qualified technical people” working this project that they had working that one. As I said back then, if those people had been working where I used to work, they would be looking for a new job and others would be falling back to the old system until the bugs were worked out with the new new one.

Luckily, for me I always book a refundable rate and of the two RCI cruises I currently have booked the first ‘final payment date’ isn’t until August 3rd. So I will not be making any further payments on those cruises until they figure out what they did wrong and fix it. I will give then a month but after that the two cruises I have booked will be subject to cancellation at any time; and by phone if necessary.

Glad that some of you can get on line. I’ve changed my password at least 20 times, received confirmation that my password was changed, but still can’t get in. I just called and spoke with a supervisor who said it may be 2 weeks until the problems ares solved and everyone is able to log in.

No other corporation works like this. I worked for a major brokerage and international bank and if we had an upgrade that didn’t work, we’d immediately back it out and go to the previous site.

i had this problem then i realised the issue was I now need to sign in using my email address not my username even although it says username/email. Hope that works for you.

I'm going to give IT a break. (for now)

It's very possible that when they were discussing the need to upgrade, IT told the powers that be that to do it properly and seamlessly, they would need $50M. The powers that be, who went to ivy league business schools who are always smarter than everyone else said, here's $20M. Make it happen.

I don't know everything that's been posted and I'm not going to go back and reread all these posts but this is a work around that is working for me at least. The steps below allow you to not have to log in each time you wish to reference more than one of your cruises. Just tried it before I wrote this. Some of this may have already been mentioned.

1) Here is a backdoor url to the Royal website, https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do Pretty sure this has been mentioned in a number of posts.

2) After you get to the "My Cruises" page, immediately copy the https address at the top of your browser.

3) Click on whichever one of your cruises that you want to do whatever it is you want to do from the "PURCHASED & HELD CRUISES" list.

4) When you're finished doing whatever you did with the cruise you're currently referencing, go to the https address at the top of your browser and paste the address you copied from the "My Cruises" page in step 2. That will take you back to "My Cruises" where you can now click on another one of your cruises you may want to reference.

Again, it this procedure has been mentioned in any previous posts, my apologies. Like I mentioned earlier, this works for me and I just wanted to share.

I'm really hoping that the IT staff at Royal isn't patting themselves on the back and congratulating themselves for a job well done yet. There is still a lot missing and a lot of unnecessary extra effort needed to navigate from cruise to cruise. Time will tell, I guess.

Tim

Thanks for this Tim,

I have been able to create account on the new website & login. Still some glitches tho. Do you know where you go to choose onboard gift for cruise? Can't seem to find the rest of my profile - address, upgrade preferences, etc. Or if my preference was previously in system, will this remain the same for upcoming cruises.

NJ

It's very possible that when they were discussing the need to upgrade, IT told the powers that be that to do it properly and seamlessly, they would need $50M. The powers that be, who went to ivy league business schools who are always smarter than everyone else said, here's $20M. Make it happen.

I sure hope they’re not spending that kind of money on this, if they are they are getting ripped off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is NO excuse for this! I can’t get over that they do not fear losing business from this when people find it so difficult to book. How is it that CC’s website operates so much better, not to mention most other websites. The situation is exacerbated by the fact that when I last called C & A a few days ago, they don’t seem to acknowledge the problem.

The new website is the most boring thing. I used to love going to my reservations and reviewing the itinerary and potential shore excursions. Not anymore. On my upcoming cruises, it doesn't even list the destinations. I haven't tried, but maybe it is only useful for new bookings. Time to move to a TA perhaps.

The new website is the most boring thing. I used to love going to my reservations and reviewing the itinerary and potential shore excursions. Not anymore. On my upcoming cruises, it doesn't even list the destinations. I haven't tried, but maybe it is only useful for new bookings. Time to move to a TA perhaps.

At least you can log in! I just keep getting "We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later.". I reset my password twice now and it didn't help.

I’m sorry, but that is what you have apps for, to render the information in a format better suited for a mobile device. What they seemingly have done is reformat their browser UI to something that looks awful in a browser while also removing most of the functionality that used to be there.

There’s an ongoing poll on another site, current numbers -

Hate the new RC website - 420

Don’t mind either RC site - 81

Love the new RC website - 17

Pinch of salt

The website is not yet complete and therefore the poll cannot be verified.

Remember when Cruise Critic changed the layout? The outrage that caused on the forums....

It all died down after a while

Thanks for this Tim,

I have been able to create account on the new website & login. Still some glitches tho. Do you know where you go to choose onboard gift for cruise? Can't seem to find the rest of my profile - address, upgrade preferences, etc. Or if my preference was previously in system, will this remain the same for upcoming cruises.

NJ

It's been reported here that you have to call to get this done.

Mine is finally working "as expected". I had to call and wait on hold for 30 minutes...get transferred to someone else who cared only to find out that they were the wrong caring person and I was politely transferred again...Anyway 60 minutes of waiting...told them my story again (as I had practiced it a few times in just the last hour)...clickity clickity click on his end...then a "try it now..." BINGO!. Everything showed up as it should be. One down...4,456,302 to go...that won't take long...

The Obama health care web site when it launched was better than this this - gad-zooks!!! belongs on the "Epic Fail" you tube channel.

I’m sorry, but that is what you have apps for, to render the information in a format better suited for a mobile device. What they seemingly have done is reformat their browser UI to something that looks awful in a browser while also removing most of the functionality that used to be there.

There’s an ongoing poll on another site, current numbers -

Hate the new RC website - 420

Don’t mind either RC site - 81

Love the new RC website - 17

I will bet those 17 people that "Love the new RC website" work for RCL's IT Department!

Does anyone know of anyone that has gone a cruise during this site debacle that has had to show up at the pier without printed documents? What have they gone through and what do the pier counters look like with this mess?

I had to call today to fix an unrelated issue and asked just out of curiosity if they knew the timeline for getting the website fixed. The customer service person couldn't really answer the question and essentially told me both that everything should be working properly and to wait a week or so to see if it resolves itself. I'm baffled by how the company hasn't at least acknowledged that there are issues publicly (maybe they have and I haven't seen it?). My next cruise isn't for another year, so I don't need the site for anything right now, but if I had a cruise coming up I'd be pissed! What's especially confusing to me is how little information is available on the new site. There's so little there that I'm having trouble remembering what I had access to on the old site!

I will bet those 17 people that "Love the new RC website" work for RCL's IT Department!

Betcha I don’t [emoji106] I love the new site but I might be in the minority who is going on a cruise on RCCL in 26 days and actually printed my documents out the day they were available so I don’t need the site but I’ve been playing around on it and I’ve not had an issue. I hope for all who didn’t get there papers printed good luck

Pinch of salt

The website is not yet complete and therefore the poll cannot be verified.

Remember when Cruise Critic changed the layout? The outrage that caused on the forums....

It all died down after a while

At least CC properly tested their new layout and the small issues were fixed quickly.

Personally I think the new RCI layout is headed in the right direction. I like the simplicity, ease of "use", quick load time, and small screen touch friendly features. That said, the utter contempt RCI is showing its loyal customers by subjecting them to this travesty of an untested, partial launch is beyond comprehension.

I always figure it's pointy-hair boss that says if I give you 9 women, you can give me a baby in a month. Doesn't work that way, but they insist. What do they get? Let's just say, 'not viable'.

Erika

Okay, if I go through this link, I can access everything!!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

Thanks. Working for me also. They must have re-enabled the access to old site because I'm quite sure I tried that link yesterday and again this morning and it wasn't working for me... but it is now... for the time being.

dp

IT's job is then to say "Okay, for $20M I can give you X and Y but not A and B."

If I pulled together all of the IT people I know who have been fired for incompetence and tasked them with building a cruise website with a crazy time constraint...it would still look and work better than this.

This is a top-down failure - from requirements to coding to testing to communication.