Purchase drink package for only 1 adult in room?

They should make this change across the board. Also' date=' why are the deluxe packages different prices on different ships? "Sale" price of $37 on Navigator and $48 on Oasis?[/quote']

..and $75 on Independence....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference between $48 and $75 is a heck of a lot more than 18% gratuity :D

If you buy it on the ship, you don't get it for $48. That's the advance price. On ship it's more in the $60-$65 range. Which when you add 18% gets you to your $75.

If you buy it on the ship, you don't get it for $48. That's the advance price. On ship it's more in the $60-$65 range. Which when you add 18% gets you to your $75.

Our 'advance' price is $76.... I dread to think what they will charge on board....

I can tell you that on Adventure, no one we have talked with will allow only one person in the stateroom to get the Deluxe drink package. However, they are offering to allow the second person to get the soda package.

While on board? Because when I called to book, I asked if I could get the soda package and hubby get the deluxe package and I was told no......so I guess I am drinking it up every day :) Although Hubby will most likely make up for what I dont drink.

If there are two adults in the cabin both are required to purchase a drinks package, however only one of those packages needs to be a Deluxe Package.

When we booked we added the packages. I just wanted the deluxe for hubby but was told I needed to get it as well.

£54.87pd and when you add it to the basket this price stays the same at checkout. It may be built in to the fare as the 2n is EU sailing ( and we are not out yet ;) )

Sounds like they are not discounting it for the two night sailing and as others have said you are paying full price, plus gratuity.

I have not taken an EU-only cruise but I think I have heard previously that VAT gets added to on board purchases so package maybe higher? Not sure if that applies to pre-purchases or not?

They should make this change across the board. Also' date=' why are the deluxe packages different prices on different ships? "Sale" price of $37 on Navigator and $48 on Oasis?[/quote']

Wait until you travel a ship out of some European ports and the add VAT (tax). I think it was 10% on our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off Freedom (March 11-17) and purchased a drink package for my husband through Cruise Planner before we boarded. There was one drink cup for soda in the room when we boarded and he used his room card no problem throughout the cruise for alcohol.

When did you purchase the package online? You could do this before January 1 this year for Freedom.

Our cruises are booked through Club Royale so I called and asked concerning the drink package. It was explained to me, two adults in the room, if one was a non alcoholic drinker, one adult could buy DP and the non alcohol drinker the Refreshment Package.

This is not in writing or listed anywhere. Just what they told me.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the input....think we're gonna do NCL and let the first 2 pick their FREE BEVERAGE PACKAGE promo and then the third person won't be required to purchase one since the first two guests are not "purchasing" theirs.

Too bad all you are basing your decision on only the drink package. So much more to a Royal cruise to consider. Have done both NCL & RCCl. NCL would have to be free before I chose over RCCL any destination any ship. No comparison!

Too bad all you are basing your decision on only the drink package. So much more to a Royal cruise to consider. Have done both NCL & RCCl. NCL would have to be free before I chose over RCCL any destination any ship. No comparison!

It would be helpful to know why you feel this way? Was it just one bad ncl cruise? I've sailed with both several times & think they are equally good & bad in parts, but if I was offered a free ncl cruise or asked to pay for rccl I would choose ncl in a heartbeat!

LOL, the definitive answer is "it depends". I went around and around on the phone with RCL. They were adamant that there was nothing they could do. Then, the best they could offer was that I buy a soda package. Problem is, for medical reasons, I can't drink alcohol, soda, or citrus. Long story short... I now no longer have to purchase a package, DD can drink to her hearts content.

If your reasoning behind not wanting to purchase a package is "I don't drink", I'm guessing you're out of luck.

Yes, this is the "chatter" I am hearing also. This would be due to the "exceptions list" that RCCL has made public (non-drinkers, religion, medical issue, pregnancy, etc). I guess they figure, well we'll go ahead and make you exempt from requiring the alcohol package purchase, but you'll have to buy the Refreshment Package. ??

They know people cheat and share, that was the reason for making everyone buy the package. People still cheat and share but they recoup some of the loss by making the refreshment package mandatory.

When the new rules went into place it also included onboard purchases as they were checking cabins and occupants and requiring all over 21 to purchase.

It seems now that you can purchase for only one person onboard. They are no longer checking.

Your reference point? You got off a cruise this morning? What ship? I'm boarding the Mariner on Monday and would love to drink while DH does not.

Your reference point? You got off a cruise this morning? What ship? I'm boarding the Mariner on Monday and would love to drink while DH does not.
I was on the Enchantment on September 3rd. I purchased onboard due to my 40% discount. I was traveling solo but no questions were asked and nothing was checked. They had no idea that I was solo.

I'm currently on the Oasis. I've observed that most people bought the package onboard. Sharing of the package is rampant and the bartenders are much too busy to control it or to care about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have not traveled in several years on RCCL, but the last time I did was on Oasis, 3 couples we all purchased the drink package, one of my friends decided she didn’t want it and they refunded her and never said a word about her husband having the package! It most certainly could have changed since then!

Sent from my iPad using Forums