Apparently you CAN reserve deck chairs all day long

Sorry guys, but I can be in the hot tub or pool for more than 30 minutes.

Maybe an hour of no use.

Lounger is not like a parking lot. More like a shopping cart. So if I see your shopping cart without you, I can take out the things and take the cart?

But I actually like the lounge rental idea. You could rent the same lounger for the entire cruise. Know it is there waiting for you, same spot, every day. Or even better, make a reserved lounger a suite perk. You want a reserved lounger, book a suite.

An hour is too long to vactate a lounger. You'd lose that 'shopping cart' if I wanted the unused lounger.

Yes there is. Lots of signs.

89ae01412d7b3ec008916919a889c67b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

If we end up in reclaimed chairs, and then later encounter upset absentee chair "owners" on our cruise this winter, I'm just gonna point at the sign and politely tell them to inquire with a pool attendent as to where their towels etc might have been relocated.

Yes there is. Lots of signs.

89ae01412d7b3ec008916919a889c67b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw one of these on Oasis but honestly I had to really look for it. They need to make it much bigger and post it in more easily visible areas. Like on the railing around the pools where the loungers are. And post a lot more of them than I saw!

I saw one of these on Oasis but honestly I had to really look for it. They need to make it much bigger and post it in more easily visible areas. Like on the railing around the pools where the loungers are. And post a lot more of them than I saw!

I'm definitely not supporting chair hogs or their cause, but what you're suggesting seems a little...tacky. More and larger signs like that just would look desperate and would ruin the vibe. A sign here and there, like they have is fine. The people who throw a towel on a chair for half the day without returning aren't the type of people who look for or obey signs.

I'm definitely not supporting chair hogs or their cause, but what you're suggesting seems a little...tacky. More and larger signs like that just would look desperate and would ruin the vibe. A sign here and there, like they have is fine. The people who throw a towel on a chair for half the day without returning aren't the type of people who look for or obey signs.

On a ship the size of Oasis, more than two of these signs on a stand facing away from the pools and lounge chairs is pretty useless to me. Like I said, I had to LOOK for them. The chair hogs may not pay attention to them, just as they do not pay attention to the numerous families walking around searching high and low for a chair, but it is a lot more useful to have more of them placed around in conspicuous places where people can point to them when confronted by a chair hog for moving a towel. Not tacky at all..useful. YMMV

Thanks!

If we end up in reclaimed chairs, and then later encounter upset absentee chair "owners" on our cruise this winter, I'm just gonna point at the sign and politely tell them to inquire with a pool attendent as to where their towels etc might have been relocated.

We have had that multiple times. We were once in our chairs 2 hours and someone came up and claimed we took their seat and yelled at us, when we pointed to the sign they said they were only gone 20 minutes, to which my normally quiet wife clearly stated we have been in these seats 2 hours and you weren't here!

My favorite though was on Navigator in 2009 when a person started yelling at me to the point of threatening me to which I was prompted to stand up. Just as I did, his wife called out from the other side of the pool where his chair was all the time, and his wife just where he left her. :halo:

I travel in the summer with a few girls....we never save chairs on the deck as we like to move around the ship throughout the day. If we can not find a chair, I wait at the pool bar and then just move the towels. No one has ever said anything to me......I might get a look. But hay no one "owns that spot". Really how can anyone reserve chairs (((all day))) crazy to think they even can.

L~ from NY

We have had that multiple times. We were once in our chairs 2 hours and someone came up and claimed we took their seat and yelled at us, when we pointed to the sign they said they were only gone 20 minutes, to which my normally quiet wife clearly stated we have been in these seats 2 hours and you weren't here!

My favorite though was on Navigator in 2009 when a person started yelling at me to the point of threatening me to which I was prompted to stand up. Just as I did, his wife called out from the other side of the pool where his chair was all the time, and his wife just where he left her. :halo:

That’s pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On freedom now. Today I went up to the pool at 8am. It is a sea day. All the chairs had towels on them. Me my husband and another couple had 4 chairs. There was another 2 chairs next to us with towels on them. Didn't see anybody. The 4 in our party went to the hot tub. Came back, there were 2 people in the 2 chairs.

About 15 minutes later 2 girls come over and start shouting at the girls in the chairs. From what I heard, the 2 girls that were occupying the chairs were sitting on the side by the tables waiting for loungers. Saw the towels on the 2 chairs were there and no people for about 40 minutes. I guess they said something to the pool guy. He didn't do anything so the girls took the towels off.

So the two girls come screaming at them. Say they were up at 6:30 am to put the towels there. And there bag was there. And that they were there but went up to change. (They weren't there. And neither was their bag). So they scream at the girl. Call her the "c" word. Among other things. Then proceed to threaten her in front of the pool guy. I mean really in her face. Thought she was going to hit her. The pool guy calls security. While waiting for them. She threatens the girl for a second time. So the girl being threatened again asks the pool guy to get security. She is scared. The other girl is screaming. Security comes up. The crazy girl is still going on. And her friend too. The security guy doesn't do anything except pull 2 loungers over for the crazy girls. But they weren't moving. So the girls got up and left. The other 2 plopped in the chairs laughing and going on & on about how security didn't do anything about them.

They need to really do something about this. It could've gotten really out of hand.

On freedom now. Today I went up to the pool at 8am. It is a sea day. All the chairs had towels on them. Me my husband and another couple had 4 chairs. There was another 2 chairs next to us with towels on them. Didn't see anybody. The 4 in our party went to the hot tub. Came back, there were 2 people in the 2 chairs.

About 15 minutes later 2 girls come over and start shouting at the girls in the chairs. From what I heard, the 2 girls that were occupying the chairs were sitting on the side by the tables waiting for loungers. Saw the towels on the 2 chairs were there and no people for about 40 minutes. I guess they said something to the pool guy. He didn't do anything so the girls took the towels off.

So the two girls come screaming at them. Say they were up at 6:30 am to put the towels there. And there bag was there. And that they were there but went up to change. (They weren't there. And neither was their bag). So they scream at the girl. Call her the "c" word. Among other things. Then proceed to threaten her in front of the pool guy. I mean really in her face. Thought she was going to hit her. The pool guy calls security. While waiting for them. She threatens the girl for a second time. So the girl being threatened again asks the pool guy to get security. She is scared. The other girl is screaming. Security comes up. The crazy girl is still going on. And her friend too. The security guy doesn't do anything except pull 2 loungers over for the crazy girls. But they weren't moving. So the girls got up and left. The other 2 plopped in the chairs laughing and going on & on about how security didn't do anything about them.

They need to really do something about this. It could've gotten really out of hand.

I just don't understand why the cruise lines don't enforce the pool attendants doing their JOBS. This is a huge problem on all of the ships, and it's not really the job of the passengers to police the situation. If the pool attendants would just set a precedent and remove towels that are left unattended, the problem would diminish. People would come to realize that if they don't actually sit their butts IN the chairs, they will lose them. Now I'm not talking a run to get something to eat or go in the pool for a little bit. I'm talking about the ones who get up at the crack of dawn to stake out their chairs, and go back to bed and return many hours later. When I am on vacation, I want to relax, not worry about conflict over pool chairs.