Allure Cancels Roatan for rest of the season

sharse

Was on Liberty last week and supposed to go to Roatan on Wednesday. This happened on Tuesday so we missed it. Roatan was the main reason we picked this itinerary as we've never been there and now still we haven't been there. They credited our port charges which were like $37 for the four of us. So we missed out and the people on the ship went there merry way for the rest of their cruise. We saw the ship in Costa Maya on Thursday and Cozumel on Friday.

If it was some type of mechanical issue like helm control going out, not much the Captain and/or Pilot could do. It sounds like the anchors may have been deployed, perhaps in attempt to slow the ship.

So who would YOU blame? Some mysterious thing that threw an innocent MSC ship into the dock? The captain or his/her deputy is to be in control of the ship at all times. Clearly since they rammed a dock, someone was not in control. Or made very poor decisions in attempting to dock in conditions not safe enough for docking.

"...

this arrival, and the remainder of the “season” due to the damage to the dock." does that mean the entire year? We're scheduled on Allure and Roatan (main reason for choosing this cruise) on Sept. 23.

I sure hope so!!! Seems maybe they might have over-reacted immediately after the accident. Maybe that's why RC hasn't committed to any change as of yet. We can continue to hope so anyhow with Roatan being the only port I'm looking f:Drward to getting off the boat for.

I just spoke with Royal Caribbean and as of today Roatan is not cancelled for the May 6 sailing of Allure. They will reassess as it gets closer to sailing date and if they do decide to cancel the passengers will be notified by email. Looks like there still may be hope we will stop there.

I’m sailing on June 3rd and was also going to visit the sloth sanctuary. Dang! I was really looking forward to it as this is one port I haven’t been to yet

We are scheduled to go to Roatan in June also and that was to be the highlight. I can't believe they can't get a pier repaired in that time.

Norwegian Getaway is docked at Roatan today. It’s 1,068 feet long. We will know soon if Liberty is going next week. It’s not a done deal that the big ships won’t be going. We follow Bodden Tours and Anacaribe Roatan FB sites as they have pictures and Info.

There’s still hope!

For all those times Carnival went to Coco Cay, it sure would be nice if they returned the favor and let RCI use Mahogany Bay. ;)

Mahogany Bay is owned by Carnival Corporation, so all Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Regent Seven Seas, and Oceania ships dock there. Additionally, Costa Cruises, Thomson Cruises, and P&O Cruises all dock at Mahogany Bay. Not a whole lot of space for other lines.

Also, it is a port that gets passed up pretty frequently because they cannot dock there if the winds are high.

Mahogany Bay is owned by Carnival Corporation, so all Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Regent Seven Seas, and Oceania ships dock there. Additionally, Costa Cruises, Thomson Cruises, and P&O Cruises all dock at Mahogany Bay. Not a whole lot of space for other lines.

Also, it is a port that gets passed up pretty frequently because they cannot dock there if the winds are high.

Carnival is only scheduled to port there 6 days in May, 7 days in June, 6 days in July....and so on. There are several days where Liberty was scheduled with no Carnival ships. Heck, other Carnival Corp lines aren't even scheduled until November when Regent comes back.

The Roatan Tourism Bureau is reporting as of this morning that Allure, scheduled to arrive May 10, has canceled this arrival, and the remainder of the “season” due to the damage to the dock. They said smaller ships can still dock, but not Allure.

I’m on a June sailing which, in my Cruise Planner, is still showing Roatan. I’m sure it will take some time to make these changes and notify everyone. Assuming this is accurate information from the Tourism Bureau, what do you think Royal will do? Is there another port they might substitute? (We are already scheduled to go to Cozumel and Costa Maya.). Maybe Grand Cayman? Or do you think it will just be a sea day? Would you expect they’ll offer OBC for the inconvenience?

Personally I’m ok with it. Was looking forward to my excursion, but it is what it is. Nothing to get all angry about!

What are your thoughts for how they’ll deal with the change?

Oh no!! I have not heard this before and I was so excited to go to this port. I had my excursion booked already.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

what about those of us heading out next week? boy I hope we can dock/tender on the 25th while on Liberty of the Seas...that is the one port we were truly looking forward to as we LOVE Roatan

I hope so also. Please keep everyone informed. NCL's ship Getaway docked yesterday, 4/19, and it's just 46' shorter than Liberty. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

I have spent a lot of time speaking with Royal Caribbean about this subject, since our cruise was the first planned stop at Roatan with the Allure of the seas on May 10th.

I have been informed that it is a go as of now... However it will be a decision they will make the day of if we can port or not from what I was told by Royal Caribbean....

I think Royal Caribbean should have made a statement about this so everyone would have a clear understanding of what to expect....

I have spent a lot of time speaking with Royal Caribbean about this subject, since our cruise was the first planned stop at Roatan with the Allure of the seas on May 10th.

I have been informed that it is a go as of now... However it will be a decision they will make the day of if we can port or not from what I was told by Royal Caribbean....

I think Royal Caribbean should have made a statement about this so everyone would have a clear understanding of what to expect....

Liberty went last week. Allure is on Anacaribe’s list on FB. Can’t see why not.

If you read your roll call you will see that several posts have stated that Allure will stop in Roatan:)

• 2 weeks later...