Allure Cancels Roatan for rest of the season

sharse

What do you mean, “no word from RCCL”? They have clearly stated Roatan cancelled and replaced with sea day. What more are you expecting to hear?

Oh what have I missed! We were due May 10th also and hadn’t seen anything official yet to say it was now a sea day, Do you have a link please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, I haven't seen anything official from RCCL. If you go to book the 5/6 cruise it still shows Roatan.

Just eager to know if it’s a sea day or another port. As I may want to switch some of my excursions I have planned in the other ports around to try and do scuba somewhere else which we originally had planned for Roatan, but don’t want to do that until I know whether we will be stopping somewhere else

Sorry about my previous post, of course Roatan has been cancelled, but I took the information from a colleague on the Liberty of the Seas, that they were getting an extra sea day, as future policy

I apologize for amortizing this information to future itineraries

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry about my previous post, of course Roatan has been cancelled, but I took the information from a colleague on the Liberty of the Seas, that they were getting an extra sea day, as future policy

I apologize for amortizing this information to future itineraries

Ah cool no worries just thought I had missed something, thanks for the info will sit tight for now then

I think we all need to get an official notice from RCCL regarding the Roatan situation.....especially for those of us sailing in May and for those who are thinking about going on a cruise in the near future with Roatan on the itinerary.

We are on the June 17 sailing of Allure on this itinerary and have watch the YouTube video of the Armonia's crash into the pier too many times to count. I am completely gutted (to use a British term) over this, because I really wanted to go to Costa Maya for a number of reasons...one is that my oldest daughter wanted to do a specific excursion there.

As far as alternatives, the only ones I see as possible are a stop at Labadee, or maybe even a stop at San Juan which would require a left turn from Nassau instead of to the right, but seems doable if the ship doesn't stay there all day. Allure cannot make it to Grand Cayman because that requires getting to shore via tender, and Oasis class ships are not tender capable.

The news reports I saw regarding the dock at Roatan seems to say the repairs will take three months. One of the issues is the time it will take to procure the equipment needed to do the repairs. Unless there's a miracle, I don't see Allure returning to Roatan this season unless they go very late in it. It's really, really frustrating, espcially considering our sailing is past the final payment date.

1. I feel really bad for the merchants who will miss out on an Oasis class ship visiting...if Allure visits 10 times in the season, that's potentially 60,000 customers...

2. MSC needs to hold its crew members accountable, especially the captain and cover not only repairs but enhancement to the dock facilities

3. If the harbour pilot was on board, he needs to be fired if he hasn't been already. II don't know if Roatan requires harbour pilots.

You are still going to Costa Maya.....

At least y'all have time to make different arrangements. We are on the LOS 8-15 cruise and lost a port day. All we have received is $9.81 credit each for Roatan port fees. Was told that headquarters authorized no other credit. Will be calling them when I get back home.

Read your cruise contract well. RC has the right to substitute, skip, or reverse an itinerary as needed. Many people were upset after Irma changed all their eastern ports to western. Didn’t matter.

Are you the expert on that?:confused:

It was their ship that plowed into an immovable dock. Whether it was some kind of weather/mechanical issue or just plain stupidity, they are ultimately responsible. Like if your car crashes into something - even if you hit black ice and spun out, it's still your fault.

So who would YOU blame? Some mysterious thing that threw an innocent MSC ship into the dock? The captain or his/her deputy is to be in control of the ship at all times. Clearly since they rammed a dock, someone was not in control. Or made very poor decisions in attempting to dock in conditions not safe enough for docking.

I was looking at the Cozumel port schedule and there are 4 ships scheduled for May 9th (including Allure) but there are only 2 scheduled for May 10th. It may be an option to stay an extra day at Cozumel on the 10th before heading to Costa Maya.

Costa Maya has 2 ships scheduled May 10th and only Allure on the 11th, but I'm not sure if the planned port expansion is complete that would allow more than 2 ships on the 10th. The ports are close together so staying docked seems feasible but the easy out and more profit for RC would be a day at sea. We'll see but I would think an extra day at sea would be a quick response.

Then again we haven't heard any official word about whether our ferry related excursions are on or off in Cozumel either.

I was looking at the Cozumel port schedule and there are 4 ships scheduled for May 9th (including Allure) but there are only 2 scheduled for May 10th. It may be an option to stay an extra day at Cozumel on the 10th before heading to Costa Maya.

Costa Maya has 2 ships scheduled May 10th and only Allure on the 11th, but I'm not sure if the planned port expansion is complete that would allow more than 2 ships on the 10th. The ports are close together so staying docked seems feasible but the easy out and more profit for RC would be a day at sea. We'll see but I would think an extra day at sea would be a quick response.

Then again we haven't heard any official word about whether our ferry related excursions are on or off in Cozumel either.

Thought I read Sea Day has already been called for multiple cruises..

I phoned Royal Caribbean last night. The operator on the phone told me that they had received no official communication to say the port will be out of action (strange?). We are looking to book this holiday and one of the main plus points was only two days at sea. I really hope they swap it for another port and not a day at Sea!

Hopefully it'll be back up by Sept. 28th for Liberty...and yes, it is a superb snorkel/dive site!

I've watched the vid, what I don't understand is why they didn't starboard it into open water instead of just plowing straight ahead? They must've had issues with steering/azipods.

This links to article estimating MSC only going to pay 1/2 million USD for repairs....

http://crew-center.com/msc-cruises-will-pay-500000-damages-after-msc-armonia-crash-pier-roatan

I read that the *insurance* will pay 500K. That maybe that's their policy limit per incident. Will they recoup the rest of the damages from MSC themselves? They say damages could exceed 10 million. Its hard to believe that Honduras would absorb this kind of hit when liability was obviously not theirs. However, i did read that they have not completed the investigation yet, and there will probably be reparations that we won't hear about at a later date since damages has not been calculated yet.

RCCL is not notifying as fast as we like, I think later you will receive the letter with the Itinerary change.

And my TA said that nothing is listed yet on the itinerary change section of the agent site.

what about those of us heading out next week? boy I hope we can dock/tender on the 25th while on Liberty of the Seas...that is the one port we were truly looking forward to as we LOVE Roatan

I read that the *insurance* will pay 500K. That maybe that's their policy limit per incident. Will they recoup the rest of the damages from MSC themselves? They say damages could exceed 10 million. Its hard to believe that Honduras would absorb this kind of hit when liability was obviously not theirs. However, i did read that they have not completed the investigation yet, and there will probably be reparations that we won't hear about at a later date since damages has not been calculated yet.

From the article it states "t

he Insurance company of MSC will have to pay 13 Million Honduran Lempira which equals around 550.000 US Dollars"