Allure Cancels Roatan for rest of the season

sharse

Well that is a bit of a bummer. I am taking the PADI course and was hoping Roatan was one of the dives for the course. We are on Allure for the first cancellation date. We have not been notified by RC yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are reading cc, consider yourself notified

Would LOS be included in this?

Liberty of the Seas skipped the port this time while damage is being assessed. Hopefully since it is smaller than the Allure they can continue to stop there while repairs are underway. The LOS itineraries from Galveston only have three port calls, it would be pretty bad to only have two stops and four sea days.

At least y'all have time to make different arrangements. We are on the LOS 8-15 cruise and lost a port day. All we have received is $9.81 credit each for Roatan port fees. Was told that headquarters authorized no other credit. Will be calling them when I get back home.

To say/ask what, exactly? There is language somewhere in the cruise contract stating that ports can be changed if necessary, and if a ship can't dock due to pier damage what exactly do you expect them to do? They can't just snap their fingers and the pier is instantly fixed. Sometimes they can substitute another port but given the sailing schedule and the docking schedule of all the other ships in the area that isn't always possible.

To say/ask what, exactly? There is language somewhere in the cruise contract stating that ports can be changed if necessary, and if a ship can't dock due to pier damage what exactly do you expect them to do? They can't just snap their fingers and the pier is instantly fixed. Sometimes they can substitute another port but given the sailing schedule and the docking schedule of all the other ships in the area that isn't always possible.

This. If anything, you should contact MSC and demand compensation since it was their fault.

If LOS can’t dock I would think it could tender, Norwegian regularly tenders into Coxen Hole. Or it might be able to substitute Belize if it is a Costa Maya itinerary but would have to tender there anyway.

Problem with Oasis class is there are very few ports they can substitute and they don’t tender.

I'm watching this thread with interest. We were going to book this cruise earlier today, not once were we told about this potential problem. One of the attractions of the sailing is the two days at sea, whereas most of the others are doing three days at sea.

How would we find our if/ when they are going to be offering another port? Where does one stand with cancellation ?

Us too! Another at sea day would be alright but I’d love another port.

Not wanting another sea day for me the week of June 17th on Allure. Am still hoping to snorkel at West Bay where I hear the reef is about as good as it gets! This was the one port that I am looking forward to the most! Gonna be a great week regardless. But sure hope they expedite that rebuild! :)

The Roatan Tourism Bureau is reporting as of this morning that Allure, scheduled to arrive May 10, has canceled this arrival, and the remainder of the “season” due to the damage to the dock. They said smaller ships can still dock, but not Allure.

I’m on a June sailing which, in my Cruise Planner, is still showing Roatan. I’m sure it will take some time to make these changes and notify everyone. Assuming this is accurate information from the Tourism Bureau, what do you think Royal will do? Is there another port they might substitute? (We are already scheduled to go to Cozumel and Costa Maya.). Maybe Grand Cayman? Or do you think it will just be a sea day? Would you expect they’ll offer OBC for the inconvenience?

Personally I’m ok with it. Was looking forward to my excursion, but it is what it is. Nothing to get all angry about!

What are your thoughts for how they’ll deal with the change?

We are on the June 17 sailing of Allure on this itinerary and have watch the YouTube video of the Armonia's crash into the pier too many times to count. I am completely gutted (to use a British term) over this, because I really wanted to go to Costa Maya for a number of reasons...one is that my oldest daughter wanted to do a specific excursion there.

As far as alternatives, the only ones I see as possible are a stop at Labadee, or maybe even a stop at San Juan which would require a left turn from Nassau instead of to the right, but seems doable if the ship doesn't stay there all day. Allure cannot make it to Grand Cayman because that requires getting to shore via tender, and Oasis class ships are not tender capable.

The news reports I saw regarding the dock at Roatan seems to say the repairs will take three months. One of the issues is the time it will take to procure the equipment needed to do the repairs. Unless there's a miracle, I don't see Allure returning to Roatan this season unless they go very late in it. It's really, really frustrating, espcially considering our sailing is past the final payment date.

1. I feel really bad for the merchants who will miss out on an Oasis class ship visiting...if Allure visits 10 times in the season, that's potentially 60,000 customers...

2. MSC needs to hold its crew members accountable, especially the captain and cover not only repairs but enhancement to the dock facilities

3. If the harbour pilot was on board, he needs to be fired if he hasn't been already. II don't know if Roatan requires harbour pilots.

Edited by spiegeje

We were scheduled to stop here on May 10th. I truly feel for the people that live on Roatan as they depend on the tourism and a ship like the Allure would see a good influx of money for them. Whether we stop somewhere else of have an extra sea day isn’t very important to me. I sincerely wish the people of Roatan well and I hope to visit there sometime on a future cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just received a cancellation notice and deposit refund from Radical Adventures in Roatan for our planned sail and snorkel tour scheduled on June 7. Still no word from RCCL?!

What do you mean, “no word from RCCL”? They have clearly stated Roatan cancelled and replaced with sea day. What more are you expecting to hear?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you mean, “no word from RCCL”? They have clearly stated Roatan cancelled and replaced with sea day. What more are you expecting to hear?

Oh what have I missed! We were due May 10th also and hadn’t seen anything official yet to say it was now a sea day, Do you have a link please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums