Another Formal Night question

Sorry I have another question about formal night attire. My daughters and I like to dress

up so we’ll be sorta formal. My dh will be in coat and tie.

My 25 yr old son is going to get these or something similar

What do y’all think?

4a874d648b2976a355f70e1e64efecbf.jpg622ee23b142471ecb8e39ab879268664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I have another question about formal night attire. My daughters and I like to dress

What do y’all think?

Love it, go for it!

How handsome your son will be in any of those jackets! We love the opportunity to dress up also and my husband wears a suit with tie coordinating with my dress.

While I stopped wearing a jacket on Carnival years ago, it's your cruise so do what's best for you.

While on a Glory cruise last week, an elderly couple wore matching "tropical" cruise outfits every night. They had a different set each day/night, she was even had a matching sun brim hat. I think I saw them in green, blue, red and orange outfits on different days. They may have other color sets for the days I didn't noticed them.

What do y’all think?

I actually quite like the blue/pink combo, especially if a Caribbean cruise. The nautical flags are a bit much for me (reminds me of a Scandinavian curling team:D), but if your son enjoys it - go for it!

That's a lot of money to sink into something for just one night. Your son will be fine in a pair of pants and a golf shirt. Jackets on CCL are a thing of the past, neckties have been gone for decades!

$100 doesn't seem like that much for an outfit that could easily be worn at least on other cruises, if not other land events too. The rest of the family is dressing up, so he might feel awkward if he is underdressed compared to everyone else. My husband wore a jacket and even a tie:eek: on our last cruise, and many others did too. The one outfit didn't have a tie anyway.

Those remind me of some of the suits they sell at Kohl's now for the same price. My son (also 25) has a Christmas themed one. I remember looking at them last year when we were planning our family cruise. That's still a year away, so no decisions have been made yet. While they may not be something he would wear all the time, I think they are fun.

We still go with tux and long gown even on 3 day cruises. After 59 Carnival cruises we're still not the only ones that dress formally.

Think it depends on the itin. On the short West Coast cruises most men are not wearing a full suit. Haven’t seen a tux in quite some time.

What do y’all think?

Just back from Glory last week and can assure you anything goes when it comes to elegant night.

That's a lot of money to sink into something for just one night. Your son will be fine in a pair of pants and a golf shirt. Jackets on CCL are a thing of the past, neckties have been gone for decades!

My Husband still wears a suit on elegant night, typically just the jacket and pants but he has been known to wear a tie also. I have seen quite a few in suits on every cruise we have been on. I think it's a personal choice.

Thanks y'all! He's excited and is going to get something. We went to Khols last night but the pickings were slim. Although now he knows his size so he could order online. We know that not a lot of people dress up, but we like to. So we'll have fun in our dressy attire.

Can't wait, we're at 43 days until cruising YAY!!

A FUN suit for a FUN ship! Love it!

On our last cruise on one of the elegant nights there was a guy wearing one of those retro powder blue tuxes with a frilly shirt. I'm not sure if the joke was on him or the rest of us, but I sure appreciated his effort to go above and beyond the dress code while still having fun. ;p

Formal night is not just about the dinner. It is also a great opportunity to dress up and get some really nice pictures of you and significant other, and family! Some of the best pictures I have are on formal night. The pictures taken in front of the painted backdrops are professional-quality pictures. Where else would you get such an opportunity?