Le Club Voyage Pursuit visit.

Belfastman

Belfastman, I think you have opened a can of worms on this thread.

I got my invite, and declined, freeing up two spaces for those who live nearer.

If the visit in Belfast takes place I'll be happy to turn up on the day.

My main issue was that there were people who got preferential treatment by Azamara for the Christening event on 28th August. I made an enquiry to UK managing director who decided not to respond even though on all other queries he happily replied within a couple of hours.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

I have re-opened this thread so that I can forward the following message from Richard Twynam, which has been emailed to me and I have agreed to put on it on the thread.

I will leave a day or so for comment and will re-close the thread tomorrow.

Message from UK MD

“Hi everyone,

Perhaps it is my turn to air some of the same frustrations as Bonnie had last weekend.

Firstly apologies if anyone has not received an email reply from me. As per my out of office on email I was in Miami all last week and am travelling all this week as well hence the reason for posting. I try to reply to as many as I can, often at weekends and evenings. Apologies if that is not enough.

In brief, the entire mailable LCV database in UK was invited to 13 August event. If you didn't receive an invite I apologise.

As with every event we do, it filled in minutes and then when I was able to secure extra space that also was filled in minutes. Our best intention was to invite our loyal guests for a full day ship visit with lunch in Aqualina.

When we do shorter visits with more people we get told its not fair we didnt provide lunch.

We are working on hosting a small visit in Belfast on 26 July. We have many different audiences also in Belfast on that day, media, local dignitaries etc hence why it is so complex and need to prepare her to leave for Southampton.

In relation to the christening event I am sorry if you have not been successful in securing an invitation. Places are very limited. Please consider the logistics. 700 guests, including key corporate personnel from RCL, shareholders, enough brand team members to execute the event, worldwide media partners, worldwide travel agency partners and of course our loyal guests. The LCV invites for the event have been solely handled by Miami, and went out in strict order of level as I understand it. Some guests have not been able to attend or have cancelled since they accepted. We will be sharing the event live on social media and the detail of that and many other exciting things to do with Pursuit will all be revealed in the coming weeks.

I am hopeful we can deliver a further LCV ship visit on Pursuit but please do remember we need to work tightly with the shipboard team and we are respecting their wishes as well as they have a whole new ship to learn and new team, hence why on the maiden voyage we are not hosting any large groups to visit the ship.

I hope this update helps in some way, apologies if I am slower than normal on email currently and I will aim to post some photos of Pursuit on Twitter including the first completed Club Continent suites.

Thanks

Richard”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have re-opened this thread so that I can forward the following message from Richard Twynam, which has been emailed to me and I have agreed to put on it on the thread.

Message from UK MD

“Hi everyone,

Perhaps it is my turn to air some of the same frustrations as Bonnie had last weekend.

Firstly apologies if anyone has not received an email reply from me. As per my out of office on email I was in Miami all last week and am travelling all this week as well hence the reason for posting. I try to reply to as many as I can, often at weekends and evenings. Apologies if that is not enough.

In brief, the entire mailable LCV database in UK was invited to 13 August event. If you didn't receive an invite I apologise.

As with every event we do, it filled in minutes and then when I was able to secure extra space that also was filled in minutes. Our best intention was to invite our loyal guests for a full day ship visit with lunch in Aqualina.

When we do shorter visits with more people we get told its not fair we didnt provide lunch.

We are working on hosting a small visit in Belfast on 26 July. We have many different audiences also in Belfast on that day, media, local dignitaries etc hence why it is so complex and need to prepare her to leave for Southampton.

In relation to the christening event I am sorry if you have not been successful in securing an invitation. Places are very limited. Please consider the logistics. 700 guests, including key corporate personnel from RCL, shareholders, enough brand team members to execute the event, worldwide media partners, worldwide travel agency partners and of course our loyal guests. The LCV invites for the event have been solely handled by Miami, and went out in strict order of level as I understand it. Some guests have not been able to attend or have cancelled since they accepted. We will be sharing the event live on social media and the detail of that and many other exciting things to do with Pursuit will all be revealed in the coming weeks.

I am hopeful we can deliver a further LCV ship visit on Pursuit but please do remember we need to work tightly with the shipboard team and we are respecting their wishes as well as they have a whole new ship to learn and new team, hence why on the maiden voyage we are not hosting any large groups to visit the ship.

I hope this update helps in some way, apologies if I am slower than normal on email currently and I will aim to post some photos of Pursuit on Twitter including the first completed Club Continent suites.

Thanks

Richard”

Thanks Richard for that detailed explanation of the Pursuit Christening invitation rationale. You didn't need to explain anything at all, but it demonstrates the commitment that you have to good PR for Azamara UK.

Of course some people are disappointed not to be invited, but not everyone can be. Logistics determine that. Pursuit is a small ship.

It's great that the event will be shared on social media, so then everyone can feel a part of the excitement of Pursuit's Christening.

Why close a thread that is active?. It will end of it's own accord if necessary. There are too many threads on this site closed off too soon. In my option.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

Maybe because it wasn’t going anywhere as it became totally against the subject the OP was discussing in the first place and just a witch hunt? I’m very pleased that the M.D. of Azamara in the UK replied to it with the reasons. Thank youn Richard Twynam.

Enough already!

Thank you also Host Grandma. Sorry you’ve been brought into it too.

Phil

Why close a thread that is active?. It will end of it's own accord if necessary. There are too many threads on this site closed off too soon. In my option.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

I agree. As long as there are no personal attacks on posters the threads should be kept open. We are in danger of becoming very vanilla on the Azamara forum. No-one wants personal attacks like there were on one recently closed thread, but differing opinions are healthy.

I say delete any posts that contravene CC's T&C's but leave the thread open

Message from UK MD

“Hi everyone,

Thanks

Richard”

Thank you, Richard Twynam, for your full response and thank you, Grandma Cruising, for the forward.

Time onboard Azamara's ships is inevitably wonderful, so no wonder loyal cruisers are eager for expanded experiences. For those who received the invite and are able to attend: congratulations!

For Miami and itinerary planners: please let me know if you'll allow an onboard visit and lunch during Journey's first-ever port stop at Nawiliwili, Kauai, in 2020. I'd appreciate an invite to that ; )

Message from UK MD

“Hi everyone,......

In brief, the entire mailable LCV database in UK was invited to 13 August event. If you didn't receive an invite I apologise......

Thanks

Richard

I really appreciate Richard taking the time to reply and apologise. However, if the entire mailable LCV UK database was invited, how comes I only received an email on the second round?

Pam and Host Grandma....have you checked your junk email boxes?

Many of my Azamara emails end up there for some reason, even though I have them on my safe senders list.

I think the emails were sent out in different batches as I received my invite on a different day to my mother. She is only LCV Adventurer level but she did receive an invite for the Pursuit Day visit.

Very fair response Richard you are in a heads I win, tails you lose situation here. I hope once Pursuits work is over Azamara turns its energy with the same level of zeal to sorting out its IT and databases as they are helping know one, least of all you.

Pam and Host Grandma....have you checked your junk email boxes?

Many of my Azamara emails end up there for some reason, even though I have them on my safe senders.

Just checked all my ‘spam’, ‘junk’ & ‘trash’ email boxes - nothing from Azamara.

I am fortunate enough to receive all email communications from Azamara but this is only after receiving assistance from the excellent Nicole a while ago. Suggest people contact LCV in Miami for help.

Host Grandma Cruising please re-consider the protocol in closing threads. This site is called Cruise Critic and as well as sharing invaluable insights and information people will often disagree and occasionally be upset. As long as people's posts are not aggressive or abusive can't they remain open so that everyone feels they have aired their thoughts?

OK, I will keep the thread open, as so many of you have asked me to do so.

Thank you HGC

Would also like to add how fortunate I think we are in the UK to be able to interact with Richard Twynam. Don't know any other cruise line where it is possible to have a personal dialogue with its MD.

I didn’t receive one either, so I am going to email the LCV office to ask them how I can make sure I am on their mailing database.

As I and others have posted many times before, the receipt of emails from Azamara is patchy at best. The office in Miami sorted mine out a while ago because they found for some reason I had a number of profiles. All except one was deleted and successfully amended and I then started getting communications. It’s fallen over again and I don’t get anything. If you are successful with getting back on the list then let us know!

I will disagree with those that would like this thread kept open. To me it’s run its course and now seems to be a forum for want of better words, sour grapes. You either got an invite or you didn’t. It’s the way it is. If there is a general issue with receipt of Azamara communications, well that’s another matter and maybe deserving of its own thread where it can be filtered back. Rather than have them clogged up in this very negative thread. Just my opinion.

Phil

I will disagree with those that would like this thread kept open. To me it’s run its course and now seems to be a forum for want of better words, sour grapes. You either got an invite or you didn’t. It’s the way it is. If there is a general issue with receipt of Azamara communications, well that’s another matter and maybe deserving of its own thread where it can be filtered back. Rather than have them clogged up in this very negative thread. Just my opinion.

Phil

And you are entitled to it Phil. 😄

There has been some negativity on this thread but also positive posts. If all threads that become negative or controversial in some way are closed, then the Azamara forum will become very boring indeed. When I read the cut and thrust posts on some other CC forums I am reminded of how polite most Azamara cruisers are....with one exception of course! 😄

I have mixed feelings about this thread there have been both negatives and positives.

For Richard Twynam to respond to this thread shows just how Azamara listen to customers and are willing to explain things I don’t see other cruise lines doing so. I am sure we would all like to be invited to every event but it’s obviously just not possible and we’re not entitled to anything. Yes there have been things which have annoyed us in the past but decisions are made on what they think is best for their business overall not just to keep us happy.

Most positive thing for us is that we have been given the incentive to get to the root of our LCV communication issues and get them fixed. Whether this holds in light of the current system changes with RC/Celebrity/Azamara remains to be seen, but for now all is good. The response we received from LCV was excellent only wish Celebrity Captain’s Club were half as efficient.