Carnival told me...

Sizzlechest

I called to inquire about FTTF on my cruise and they have no idea if:

• It's sold out
  • It hasn't been offered yet
  • It will ever be offered

While I was on the phone, I asked about the 12-pack of soda per person and they confirmed that. I asked if it could be checked into luggage or if it MUST be carried on. They said I can check it if it's in a luggage bag. That's the first I've ever heard of that.

• It's sold out

While I was on the phone, I asked about the 12-pack of soda per person and they confirmed that. I asked if it could be checked into luggage or if it MUST be carried on. They said I can check it if it's in a luggage bag. That's the first I've ever heard of that.

Never hear the checked luggage before. I would carry on. There was several threads saying FTTF was not going to be offered on the Horizon until she moved to Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked if it could be checked into luggage or if it MUST be carried on. They said I can check it if it's in a luggage bag. That's the first I've ever heard of that.

They told you wrong. It's even explicitly mentioned in the ticket contract: "A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person."

I agree, carry the soda on. I doubt the people answering the phone at Carnival know all the rules about what you can bring on. They're probably more trained on selling.

Sadly, the customer service is hit or miss. I think Cruisecritic members have more knowledge than most reps I have dealt with. I recall a few years ago needing to change the email address connected to my account but couldn't do it online. I was informed by the rep that she was not able to update that from what my initial email address was when I first created an account!

SAY WHAT??

I remember her being polite saying ma'am quite alot. I ended the call totally frustrated.

Called again 5 minutes later, got a different person, she changed it easy peasy. Its kind of like a box of chocolates.

Never hear the checked luggage before. I would carry on. There was several threads saying FTTF was not going to be offered on the Horizon until she moved to Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am book on the Horizon next March out of Miami and my friends bought FTTF about 3-4 weeks ago for our cruise.

You can purchase FTTF for the Horizon now but only for the cruises after she moves to Miami.

• It's sold out

FTTF is posted as an excursion. With twenty some ships that have twenty some excursions, there is no way that a call center person or even a PVP could know what every one of them is. You just have to be diligent and keep checking under excursions.

I forgot to mention this gem: She said I couldn't book FTTF on the phone with her because I used a TA and couldn't book it directly with Carnival, but I could go on Carnival's website and book it myself. What sense does THAT make?

I forgot to mention this gem: She said I couldn't book FTTF on the phone with her because I used a TA and couldn't book it directly with Carnival, but I could go on Carnival's website and book it myself. What sense does THAT make?

Actually that is fact. Has little to do with booking FTTF, but more to do with control of your booking. Carnival is being respective of the TA's booking. Doing it on the site (you), does not infringe on that. While that still may be questionable to you, it is the reason.

• It's sold out

The 1st cruise for the Horizon in Miami for which FTTF is being offered in the December 1st, 2018 cruise. Carnival has it posted in their FAQ's under FTTF.

And getting called to the naughty room.

Not always, several years ago I had my drinks in a rolling suitcase. The porter took it from my car, I told him it had drinks in it, he said no problem. Later, it arrived at my cabin no problem.

Actually that is fact. Has little to do with booking FTTF, but more to do with control of your booking. Carnival is being respective of the TA's booking. Doing it on the site (you), does not infringe on that. While that still may be questionable to you, it is the reason.

Read what I wrote again.

Not always, several years ago I had my drinks in a rolling suitcase. The porter took it from my car, I told him it had drinks in it, he said no problem. Later, it arrived at my cabin no problem.

The porter doesn't care. The person he hands off to is responsible for checking.

A lot of people do not know that FTTF is found under excursions. I only recently found it myself.

Here's the thing. if you put 12 cans in your checked luggage, they have no clue if you also took 12 in the carry on so if they follow the procedures, it will be taken because you are only allowed 12 and they have no idea how many you took if you checked it, Most of the time its taken and you wont get it back. The carnival rep that told you that did not know the rules.

Regarding the liquids in a checked bag: I've seen the way they toss those bags around and stack them in those giant bins with many suitcases on top of each other.... seems problematic for a can of carbonation which I've seen explode under less strenuous circumstances. So-- just because I may be able to get away with putting it in my checked bag, I may not want to if it runs the risk of exploding all over my other items or other peoples' items if their suitcases are under mine.

I comrepended what you wrote just fine. Was explaining the reason why....

Maybe not. Let me try again:

I can't call CARNIVAL and book a CARNIVAL excursion (FTTF) over the phone because I booked through a TA. However, I CAN go on the CARNIVAL website and book a CARNIVAL excursion without going through my TA because...?