Can you get on a waiting list for a cabin that is currently booked?

Ken the cruiser

We are booked on the Emerald Princess. However, there is a cabin in a higher category that is currently booked by someone else that we would like to upgrade to. Does Princess allow you to put a wait list request in on a specific cabin if it later becomes available?

Specific cabin, I don't believe so. As posted call or have your T.A. call. Providing the entire category is not sold out, you can book a guarantee cabin in that category. Princess will then select a cabin in that category or a higher category.

I wanted an OS and they were both booked and asked my TA to see if there was a waiting list. There was and she said that Princess told her I was first on the list. Whether I BELIEVE it or not... who knows. I'll live in my dream world and pretend it's true.

If there are only two cabins in the category you've wait listed, yes, you'll get one of them if you clearcthe wait list. So that works for a Window Suite.

If there are lots of cabins in a specific category, no, there's no way to waist list for a specific cabin.

Unfortunately on the Emerald Princess there are only 4 VS and 2 of them, which are the only ones currently available are above Club Fusion, which we don't want. The other two acceptable ones are booked. However, from what I'm hearing you can't get on a wait list for specific rooms; only a category "Guarantee" which means we would probably get stuck with one of the two over Club Fusion. We're going to call Princess just to make sure though.

I booked a suite on a 4 week cruise when it first was released but really wanted the grand suite. I called Princess and they put me on the wait list for it. But I was number 8 so figured I would never get it. The rep said, so many people cancel that you might have a chance. I would look every day and about nine months later saw that it was available. I called Princess immediately and got it. After it was done, I said that I was surprised to see it available because there were so many people on the wait list for it and she said, it must have just become available and it was not taken off. My TA said people probably decided against it after they figured out the cost per day. But I will never trust those wait lists.

So, ìf you really want the cabin, I would check every day. You may get lucky like I did. Good luck

Unfortunately on the Emerald Princess there are only 4 VS and 2 of them, which are the only ones currently available are above Club Fusion, which we don't want. The other two acceptable ones are booked. However, from what I'm hearing you can't get on a wait list for specific rooms; only a category "Guarantee" which means we would probably get stuck with one of the two over Club Fusion. We're going to call Princess just to make sure though.

If E733 is available (starboard), I doubt you'll hear any noise from Club Fusion. The stage is on the port side and that is more likely to have some impact (mostly bass). We have stayed in E731 multiple times, which is the mini suite next to E733 and not only haven't experienced any noise, but the cabin was particularly quiet due to little foot traffic.

We have only been waitlisted once, and not for a particular cabin.

We did clear the waitlist but did not take the cabin as the price was almost two times as much as when we originally wanted to go on the cruise.

If I'm on the waitlist for your specific cabin...and let's say you have to re-book instead of re-faring... ( not exactly sure what those circumstances are )

do I get to swoop in and take your cabin since you are cancelling your booking and technically the cabin has become available - even if only for the time between cancelling and rebooking 'immediately'?

If I'm on the waitlist for your specific cabin...and let's say you have to re-book instead of re-faring... ( not exactly sure what those circumstances are )

do I get to swoop in and take your cabin since you are cancelling your booking and technically the cabin has become available - even if only for the time between cancelling and rebooking 'immediately'?

Yes, if you notice it is vacant and grab it immediately.

Princess does not automatically immediately assign a newly released cabin to the next person on the waitlist. so swooping in is possible.

Yes, if you notice it is vacant and grab it immediately.

Princess does not automatically immediately assign a newly released cabin to the next person on the waitlist. so swooping in is possible.

I'm trying to think of why we would have to rebook (i.e., getting a new booking number) rather than refare if we were just going to add a new promotion added.

BTW we contacted Princess yesterday and we told them we would like to go on the wait list for any VS other than the two above the Fusion lounge which are currently open. The rep said you couldn't do that, but a short time later after we hung up, we received an email stating we're on the wait list for a VS. We're hoping she talked with her supervisor and were able to put us on one, but a caveat that we didn't want those two.

Now, our understanding is IF we do get cleared from the wait list, we still have a choice of accepting or declining the offer if the price as unreasonably gone up. But for now we're safely in our Club mini-suite, but will make sure if won't be "stolen" from us if we have to "rebook" some reason.

I'm just curious as to when you would ever have to rebook a cruise rather than refaring?

We have been in a mini below that area and heard nothing on a 4 day cruise. These might be located above the back of the stage.

Edited by TheRabbit

I'm trying to think of why we would have to rebook (i.e., getting a new booking number) rather than refare if we were just going to add a new promotion added.

I'm just curious as to when you would ever have to rebook a cruise rather than refaring?

You can only take advantage of a new offer if a cabin in your category (such as BC) is available. If sold out, you cannot get the new offer. What some people do is cancel their booking, which makes such a cabin available, and hope to rebook it before someone else grabs it.

You can only take advantage of a new offer if a cabin in your category (such as BC) is available. If sold out, you cannot get the new offer. What some people do is cancel their booking, which makes such a cabin available, and hope to rebook it before someone else grabs it.

So if your category is sold out when a sale comes along, such as the Landmark sale that is going on now, you can't have your cruise "refared" before the final payment due date if it's a better deal than the one you currently have? Interesting.

Princess can wait-list a category but not a cabin from what I've seen. And like compozer said, don't count on it working. IME, they are very slow to get notifications out. Be pro-active and check inventory every day and even twice a day if you can.

This is exactly what Princess does. Waitlist a category. Told my TA that i would book a 2020 cruise, but would want to refare later. He came up with the waitlist thing and I told him to confirm.He called and got confirmation that it's a Category waitlist and not a specific cabin. This was 2 days ago.

So if your category is sold out when a sale comes along, such as the Landmark sale that is going on now, you can't have your cruise "refared" before the final payment due date if it's a better deal than the one you currently have? Interesting.

Correct. How can they sell you something at a special price if it is not available to sell?

Correct. How can they sell you something at a special price if it is not available to sell?

That's true. We've "refared" many times through our cruiseline PCCs on our HAL and Celebrity cruises, but I don't remember if the particular category VA or C1, for example, were completely booked while other V or C cabins were still available. Makes sense, though. I'll have to take a closer look the next time we refare a cruise to get more perks.