Dancing Waiters!

Wombservice

Nothing defines elegance like a bunch of servers in the MDR jumping around, waving napkins and starting conga lines.

Elegance? Carnival? We get a very nice dinner but would hardly call it elegant.

Personally think the waving of napkins at the end of a meal is rather gross and would have thought that would have been eliminated long ago

....and 35+ Carnival cruisers. It is part of what Carnival fun is all about. Obviously not for everybody, but the majority enjoy it (include in that the crew that participates as well). To each their own, there is alway YTD that you can work around it if it matters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not all the crew enjoys it. When we asked that our table service not be disrupted for the dancing, our waiter got a big smile on his face and said, "No problem. I don't like to dance." By the next night, other tables in the section also asked that service not be stopped. By the third night, he and his assistant were happily serving the tables in their section during the "entertainment."

Personally think the waving of napkins at the end of a meal is rather gross and would have thought that would have been eliminated long ago

Why is it gross? They're clean unused napkins. The waiters aren't waving around used napkins with bits of food stuck to them.

Why is it gross? They're clean unused napkins. The waiters aren't waving around used napkins with bits of food stuck to them.

The passengers that join in potentially have already used their napkins. I've seen this done on Princess too and didn't care for it there either.

It is at the end of dinner and passengers join in waving napkins. I typically have used my napkin repeatedly to wipe my hands and face. What goes flying off when napkins are waived?

I find that rather gross and do not join in the waving.

Not all the crew enjoys it. When we asked that our table service not be disrupted for the dancing, our waiter got a big smile on his face and said, "No problem. I don't like to dance." By the next night, other tables in the section also asked that service not be stopped. By the third night, he and his assistant were happily serving the tables in their section during the "entertainment."

Did I say all? Majority yes, all no

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not yet' date=' and I doubt it will change anytime soon. Gross is an interesting take on it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aren't you special?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is at the end of dinner and passengers join in waving napkins. I typically have used my napkin repeatedly to wipe my hands and face. What goes flying off when napkins are waived?

I find that rather gross and do not join in the waving.

Talk to the Feisty One about food flying onto the dinner plate. There’s a reason why it’s called ‘The Dirty Napkin Dance’.

Spirit class has one MDR, ATD is upstairs. In the Fantasy Class the dancing is at about the same time it would be for assigned dining, about 90 minutes after assigned dining starts.

Aren't you special?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, not special; just willing to request a certain level of service which should have been standard, and, obviously, the other tables around us agreed as they asked for the same standard.

I like the dancing and singing. Carnival is called the "Fun" Ship, after all.

I can't believe what a bunch of curmudgeons a lot of people have become. Try turning that frown upside down and quit finding fault in every little thing. Good Grief. There are a lot of people that would love to go on your cruise in your place and would have a very enjoyable cruise. Let your heart be light during your cruise. It will do you a world of good and everyone that comes into contact with you. :)

Sounds to me like he did the other folks in the waitstaff's section a good turn

I would never tell waitstaff that I didn't want my dinner interrupted because they had to dance. Simply rude.

Yeah, have seen it a million times, but it's all part of cruising and it's fine by me.

After 28 cruises, I know when it's coming, so I can scadaddle out of the MDR if I choose...LOL!

Reprocessed food th?id=OGC.6df67355f2a1515b6d95c586ce8b0b6a&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sherv.net%2fcm%2femo%2ffunny%2f1%2fvomit.gif&ehk=f86bvTyLzXq3AwGt9n1j5Q But I shouldn't say that , I haven't bothered going in the MDR for awhile now .

LOL,must a a different MDR then I go to. Carnival IS the fun ships, if you try hard enough you can justify anything to your liking (or not). People either do or not, cruise them or not.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Talk to the Feisty One about food flying onto the dinner plate. There’s a reason why it’s called ‘The Dirty Napkin Dance’.

Spirit class has one MDR, ATD is upstairs. In the Fantasy Class the dancing is at about the same time it would be for assigned dining, about 90 minutes after assigned dining starts.

One way to share dinner with others.:)