Can I bring a beach tent onto the ship and to Coco Cay?

I have a beach tent, 3 sides and top. no bottom and no zippers to close. I am planning a beach day before the cruise and on the cruise.

Will RC let me bring the beach tent onto the ship and then to Coco Cay?

Thanks for any input.

I don't know if it matters but it's Mariner of the Seas.

Can't say I've ever tried, but see no reason why not, likely depending on size. My son has a very compact Beach Tent made by Neso. It's really compact and light weight. You might want to consider looking into something like that. Have you considered just renting a Cabana or Beach Bungalow at Coco Cay?

Here's a link to Neso... you can find them on Amazon too.

https://www.nesotents.com/

As mentioned, not on the prohibited list, but I imagine anyone already sitting behind where you want to place a tent might have something to say if the tent blocks their view.

I saw a family use a small wire/nylon pop up tent last week on coco cay . The pop up was for a young child and was just a few feet high.

Coco Cay has very little shade. Umbrella rental was $30!

The chairs on many beaches are crammed together so the Neso tent from an above post might not work. There are a few less crowded beaches towards the back, that would have room for the tent pictured.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just be considerate when putting it up that you are not blocking the view of everyone behind you. On our last cruise while we were on the beach in Labadee, a group of young people showed up around noon, and proceeded to try and squeeze their shade tent up in a space directly in front of dozens of people who had all been there since early morning. Once people started complaining, they moved the fairly large tent to the back of the beach.

I have a beach tent, 3 sides and top. no bottom and no zippers to close. I am planning a beach day before the cruise and on the cruise.

Will RC let me bring the beach tent onto the ship and then to Coco Cay?

Thanks for any input.

I don't know if it matters but it's Mariner of the Seas.

It's not a weapon, alcohol, or iron. Who cares!

But why would you want to truck that around on and off the ship?

I say definitely take it. We have carried large folding camping chairs in tote bags with shoulder straps on a 28 night Hawaii and Tahiti cruise before (drove to the port), and they came in VERY handy. We would sit anywhere and in the shade. Take a look at my avatar picture: it's the folding chairs on an aft deck overlooking the back of the Princess ship where all the chairs were moved by other passengers. Best spot on the ship!

On our next cruises we will take my husband's folding camp stool that weighs 1.8 lbs for him to sit on while on excursions. It also has a shoulder strap. With his back issues, being able to sit down when he needs to is great, and he can go anywhere with it. Fits in the suitcase, too.

The answer is yes, and we have done it also. We took our beach pop up for Goff's Caye which has almost no shade. No problem!

There are many reasons... so that you won't get burned, you have an older person who needs the shade to be comfortable. That's why you would do such a thing...:rolleyes: And CocoCay has plenty of areas where you can do this without offending anyone's view. If you are willing to haul it, do it.

When we were at Coco Cay, we rented an umbrella and it was great to have. People arriving two hours later said no more umbrellas were available. When we left, we let them take over our umbrella and they promised to turn it in later. Since rented umbrellas might run out, bringing one is a good alternative.

Why would you want to do such a thing.....................

Not too sure if you're asking me about the folding chairs, etc., but it's mainly because I'm very sun sensitive, and my husband has back issues. The chairs are soft, while most loungers are pretty hard under the padding (if there is any), and cause problems after a while.

I'm going to guess the fold-up beach tent is for sun sensitivity.

Yes! These make a lot of sense for the beach: For about the cost of one day's rental, you can have a tent that'll last you for years. They're about the size of a camp chair /fit into an over-the-shoulder tube. They can be popped up in less than five minutes and require no staking. Because they give you shade on three sides, you're less likely to burn from reflected sun.

You're not talking about using them on the ship though, are you? There's really no space by the pool.

As for being "allowed" to bring such a thing, why would anyone even notice? Nothing about these beach shades would catch the eye of security.