What deck is the Sunset Bar located on the Summit?

Cruisegoer

I've reviewed the deck plans numerous times and I just can't seem to locate it. I know it's generally located on the aft but I'm only seeing what's listed as the Oceanview bar and the Rooftop Terrace (which I don't believe has any bar). I'm guessing the deck plans haven't been updated and the Oceanview bar is the Sunset bar now.

On the Summit, and other M-class ships, there is not a Sunset Bar. Many people refer to the Oceanview Bar as the Sunset Bar . . . Oceanview Bar is the only aft bar and is located just outside the back entrance of the Oceanview Cafe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've reviewed the deck plans numerous times and I just can't seem to locate it. I know it's generally located on the aft but I'm only seeing what's listed as the Oceanview bar and the Rooftop Terrace (which I don't believe has any bar). I'm guessing the deck plans haven't been updated and the Oceanview bar is the Sunset bar now.

It's on Deck 10, aft. A lot of people refer to it as the Sunset Bar, but the actual name on Celebrity's website is Oceanview Bar. If you mention the Sunset Bar, everyone knows what you mean.

Just like the Mast Grill (burger/dog place). That's the official name for it on the S-Class ships, but on the M-Class it's called the Pool Grill.

Ocean View Bar Deck 10 Aft. :beer-mug:

Edited by davekathy

On the Summit, and other M-class ships, there is not a Sunset Bar. Many people refer to the Oceanview Bar as the Sunset Bar . . . Oceanview Bar is the only aft bar and is located just outside the back entrance of the Oceanview Cafe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well someone needs to notify Celebrity because on their website under Sunset Bar it lists Summit as "Available On:"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/bars-and-lounges/sunset-bar

Great place to watch the ship leave port after a long day on shore. Good drinks, and they usually have good music playing by a guitar player. One of our most memorable moments on the Summit was departing port in the South of France, with music playing, the sun setting and a great drink in hand. Can get crowded, so you need to stake out a good table a little early.

Actually got the humor because there is no Sunset Bar on "M" class ships either......

Exactly. 🤗. Hidden, secret staircase. Snipe hunt 🙄. Or 4th of July Sale 😱🙄

We were on the RCCL Anthem a few years ago and they had a deck 13. I mentioned that is probably why they had all of the problems that they were experiencing.

I don’t know why the RCCL ships would name a deck 13 and X ships don’t. On the S Class decks are listed in numerical order to 12 and then the next deck (13) is listed as 14.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I went to deck 13, it took me 3 hours to get back to my cabin.

When sitting on our balcony I will take both cards to get drinks. Order the two drinks. Finish mine while sitting at the bar BSing and then order two more taking back 3, 2 for her and 1 for me and many times depending on how far away I am from the bar I may have to return after delivering the drinks for a refill of mine. Then my wife wised up and would go with me. 🙃

Drink up 🍹🍸🍷🍾🥂🍻

When sitting on our balcony I will take both cards to get drinks. Order the two drinks. Finish mine while sitting at the bar BSing and then order two more taking back 3, 2 for her and 1 for me and many times depending on how far away I am from the bar I may have to return after delivering the drinks for a refill of mine. Then my wife wised up and would go with me.

Drink up

Was that because you were unable to find you way back to the bar?

Was that because you were unable to find you way back to the bar?

It could be as we were on the Summit looking for the Sunset Bar. 🌊🚢 🌅

Drink up 🍸🥂🍻🍹🍷🍹🍺