Current Cruise Director (CD) List

16 minutes ago, watson50 said:

As a repeat cruiser who has had the great experience of having Dru Pavlov as our CD many times, does anybody know when or what the future holds for him from RCL? He IS really good and is being missed. C'mon ,somebody has to know something credible. Thank you

One of the best kept secrets on Royal. Everyone is tight lipped.

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

One of the best kept secrets on Royal. Everyone is tight lipped.

hi Gayle thanks for responding.It's good to have spoken to you on past cruises so I'm confident on what you will hear will probably be credible. have a great time on your upcoming cruises. thanks, Keith

24 minutes ago, watson50 said:

hi Gayle thanks for responding.It's good to have spoken to you on past cruises so I'm confident on what you will hear will probably be credible. have a great time on your upcoming cruises. thanks, Keith

I doubt if I'll hear anything on this.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:55 PM, DaniDanielle said:

I happened to catch Name that Tune on the tv.  The winner was hitting the buzzer after one note.  I wasn’t at the actual show but people were complaining the next day.  The same ones were winning trivia.  I realize the prizes aren’t the greatest but the fun is taken away when everyone knows who is going to win.  You are right about the talent, those kids are amazing!  I hope to meet you some trip!

The person who won Name That Tune has played and won it on 2 other Anthem cruises that I have been on. Why he is allowed to be a contestant over and over is beyond me.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, truffles2 said:

We had Bobby on the Symphony transatlantic and honestly ...I think he did a fine job!

I agree Barb, I have sailed with Bobby numerous times over the past 20 years, and I think he does an excellent job.  I was excited to learn he will be our CD on Symphony next month.

Happy New Year!

On 12/26/2018 at 11:09 PM, allentownahoy said:

The person who won Name That Tune has played and won it on 2 other Anthem cruises that I have been on. Why he is allowed to be a contestant over and over is beyond me.

Shame on the staff for not throwing some curve balls so he doesn't win.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:11 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Probably a Pinnacle no one wants to to mess with.  We had one bring his dog, pulling him around the ship in a little wagon!

During our Dec. 1st Grandeur Cruise, there was a cruiser that had a big fluffy cat as their emotional support animal.  They kept it in a baby stroller.   Thought RCCL changed their policy in prohibiting emotional support animals.

1869C286-1032-4EA7-8162-F26865A3F8F7.gif.0d48f4aab00286333587892123bb097c.gif

Edited by Dennis#1

On 12/27/2018 at 12:09 AM, allentownahoy said:

2 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Shame on the staff for not throwing some curve balls so he doesn't win.

Agree 100% with your post.  Guess some cruisers think that RCCL Key Holder is a great price.BB27CF5A-ECCB-439D-A3CF-CC9124474E9D.png.6ac9953da0a99bd4cc532671e68fe4a4.png

18 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

During our Dec. 1st Grandeur Cruise, there was a cruiser that had a big fluffy cat as their emotional support animal.  They kept it in a baby stroller.   Thought RCCL changed their policy in prohibiting emotional support animals.

1869C286-1032-4EA7-8162-F26865A3F8F7.gif.0d48f4aab00286333587892123bb097c.gif

During our Dec 10th sailing on Serenade there was a passenger with a pekenese dog for “emotional support”. Never had the dog in a working jacket, let everyone pet and play with the dog, and only had a tag, which you can get anywhere, to verify it was a working dog. SO fake.... That’s what gives real working dogs a bad name. Smh 🙄

Eric

”Nubz”

On 12/24/2018 at 7:02 PM, dahirsh said:

I liked Tanya a lot.  And Dennis grew on me.  If I had offered an opinion on him after the welcome aboard show it would not have been as favorable as later on in the cruise.  I would not be upset to find him as the CD on a future cruise.

Agreed.  We cruised with Dennis for the first time this August.  He definitely grew on us and became more visible as the cruise progressed.  I'd be perfectly fine with him as CD on future cruises!  Old school and professional!

ADVENTURE:  WHO IS THE CRUISE DIRECTOR as of December 30?
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM  Tornado Tanya until January 6, Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January (need date - then who?)
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 until mid-March, then Elvis Pinto (need date)
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January  (need date - then who?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Mark Walker December 16 until January 20
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November (until when?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo  early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY:  Enzo (activities manager) is filling in as CD from December 16 through January 13, then Jeff Arpin
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until January 7, then Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: ELVIS IS DUE TO SIGN OFF - WHO IS THE NEXT CD and WHAT IS THE HANDOVER DATE
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes returns March 16 until mid-July, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (until when?)

1 hour ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I agree Barb, I have sailed with Bobby numerous times over the past 20 years, and I think he does an excellent job.  I was excited to learn he will be our CD on Symphony next month.

Happy New Year!

Hope you enjoy the Symphony.

The best of the new year to you too.

ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM  Tornado Tanya until January 6, Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 until mid-March, then Elvis Pinto (need date)
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January (need date), then Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
LIBERTY:  Enzo (activities manager) is filling in as CD from December 16 through January 13, then Jeff Arpin
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until January 7, then Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
RHAPSODY: ELVIS IS DUE TO SIGN OFF - WHO IS THE NEXT CD and WHAT IS THE HANDOVER DATE
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes returns March 16 until mid-July, then Mike Szwajkowski 

6 hours ago, CowboyJ said:

Does anyone know who the current Cruise Director is on Majesty?  We are getting on her on 1/14/19. Anyone recently on her?

Thx!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Interesting. Your post is #568, at least it is on the page I'M looking at. The post you are referencing is #566. Maybe the mods deleted a few posts?

I think I know what it is.  I think posts have been hidden, but I can still see them so the post count I see is different than the post count that non-hosts see.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll just post a link to a post from now on.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, DonnaK said:

DonnaADVENTURE:  WHO IS THE CRUISE DIRECTOR as of December 30?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January (need date), then Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  

Donna:

Actually, Mike S. will be CD of the Symphony as of May 4.  Change in schedule.  (I'm on Grandeur with him right now.  Straight from the horse's mouth.  😄 )

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Donna:

Actually, Mike S. will be CD of the Symphony as of May 4.  Change in schedule.  (I'm on Grandeur with him right now.  Straight from the horse's mouth.  😄 )

SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes returns March 16 until May 4, then Mike Szwajkowski