5 Day Pre-Cruise Planning Sale - Up to 20% Off

Cruisegoer

I noticed that the (Canadian) sale price of an excursion I booked on sale this morning is up a few dollars. I also noticed that the internet prices increased this afternoon for our booked cruise.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Glad I’m not going crazy.

Thanks so much for posting this! It really seems that Celebrity should be required to show the regular price as well as the sale price on their site. If a retail store (or online retailer) did something like that, they would be fined for violating consumer laws since you can't say that something is on sale without saying what the regular price is.

The regular prices can be found in your Cruise Planner.

bon voyage

Some shorex at 20% discount, other's less discount, and other's 0% discount like a 2hr City Trolley @ St Maarten, other's with 0% are the wine tours for our Eclipse Pacific Coastal, Premium Non Alcoholic Pkg 0%, will save some money in the shorex.

For our Infinity Med cruise May 2019 I had placed some shore excursions in my "cart" and today each one of them had a 20% discount applied to the original price (Canadian dollars) so I paid for them to ensure the discount as shown. Very pleased that I did not have to cancel them and re-book at the new price!

I didn't get an email, but stumbled upon the sale when I logged into my cruise planner yesterday. I had wanted to do a Chef's Market Discovery shore excursion because we loved the last one we did in St. Maarten, but it just seemed like too much to spend until yesterday when we saved $80 and used OBC ($159PP). Our small group tour will include spending the morning with a Celebrity chef visiting markets to learn about local fish, produce and spices, watching a local cooking demo, visiting a chocolate factory and then lunch at a nice restaurant, showcasing local food (and if like the last one, time to ask the Celebrity chef questions about Celebrity F&B). That evening there will be a special galley tour for our small group and then a special dinner will be prepared by the chef with locally inspired food at a specialty restaurant onboard (in one of the new specialties on the Edge!). A great deal with the sale! :D

I have the sale banner for my May cruise next year but some things went up. I know the Premium Drink package was $88 something yesterday, today it's $91.77. Also the 3 dinner package was $130 something and is now $144.97.

I wonder if they've adjusted the Canadian rate for purchases.

I miss the CAD from 2011 :loudcry:

It about $18 CAD to upgrade to the Premium drink

With only 2 sea day out 12 , I don't it it would be worth it

Does anyone have a link showing the difference between the packages ?

I was able to upgrade my beverage package for 10/19 sailing and save the 20%, as well as increase my internet to 2 devices from 1 today. I had to call a 2nd time for the beverage package because I booked the cruise with a group, but that only took an extra minute on hold.

I miss the CAD from 2011 :loudcry:

It about $18 CAD to upgrade to the Premium drink

With only 2 sea day out 12 , I don't it it would be worth it

Does anyone have a link showing the difference between the packages ?

Here the the link

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=424915&d=1531344307

I think a couple of shore excursions have gone down. Monaco and Nice on your own was $114 and is now $98. Or there's the bus for 1 Euro :)

Don't waste hard earned money on tours here. Take the bus to Nice for 1 euro, or better yet, take the on to Eze for 2 euros. And for Monaco, just get off the ship and walk around town, and up to "The Rock" where the castle, cathedral and aquarium are. Ask around for directions to the elevator from the pier for Monacoville. It can be tricky to find the first time around. There is an elevator toward the landward end of the pier that you start out on, then walk a bit, then go through a parking lot, and on and on! It is a challenge, but certainly do-able!

Don't waste hard earned money on tours here. Take the bus to Nice for 1 euro' date=' or better yet, take the on to Eze for 2 euros. And for Monaco, just get off the ship and walk around town, and up to "The Rock" where the castle, cathedral and aquarium are. Ask around for directions to the elevator from the pier for Monacoville. It can be tricky to find the first time around. There is an elevator toward the landward end of the pier that you start out on, then walk a bit, then go through a parking lot, and on and on! It is a challenge, but certainly do-able![/quote']

I'm very well aware of the bus option, we've spent a lot of time in the area both by ship or a land trip. The only reason I knew the shore excursion price on that one was because I flipped it to my husband in an email laughing at the price.

Neither me or DW receive the e-mail, we do not have the banner in the cruise planner, we have learned through the forum and we have taken advantage of some discounts on excursions for the Silhouette in March 2019. For Eclipse Oct 2019 it's to early to do shopping will wait for next year. Next Oct 7 Summit purchase shorex and Beverages before the flash sale :mad:

On the other hand in the promotion of 2 months ago, we received the mail and no excursion had a discount.

Conclusion it is announced and the promotion is not valid for us, they do not announce and the sale is on.

I had a helpful agent at the Captains Club desk. However I was not able to upgrade beverage package using OBC because our OBC is from the travel agent. I could pay now for the discounted upgrade, but since the cruise is a year away, I decided to wait. I don’t mind giving my $$ a month or two in advance but not a year ahead on an item that won’t sell out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks all for the info - I have just saved 19% Canadian by canceling and rebooking my Celebrity excursions for an October sailing. The rate of exchange has changed in my favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi sailing on the Solstice from Australia in December 2019. When I log into my cruise planner, I do get the 20% discount, if I continue with the purchase until I can view the terms and conditions it states that I pay for these on my credit card, with Aus dollar (as opposed to seapass onboard) My question is...does this come off my credit card now at booking? Or when we sail? Can I cancel and get a refund if I change my mind closer to the time...it is a long time away.

Thanks Cruisers,

Angela

It will come off your credit card now, but you can cancel at a later date should you choose. After booking, recheck the prices every now and then. Based on the exchange rate and any specials, the costs can change - sometimes in your favour. If they go up though, you’ll be pleased you locked them in at a cheaper rate.

We just cancelled and rebooked our excursions on Friday for a saving of nearly NZ$80. The only downside is that we had to pay for the excursions a second time and need to wait up to 10 business days for the original booking to be refunded.

It will come off your credit card now, but you can cancel at a later date should you choose. After booking, recheck the prices every now and then. Based on the exchange rate and any specials, the costs can change - sometimes in your favour. If they go up though, you’ll be pleased you locked them in at a cheaper rate.

We just cancelled and rebooked our excursions on Friday for a saving of nearly NZ$80. The only downside is that we had to pay for the excursions a second time and need to wait up to 10 business days for the original booking to be refunded.

Thanks Oskar for the quick response - didn’t want to go crazy booking things and get a shock on the credit card. I did not appear to let me use OBC but before the sale I could, that seems different from other posts here - did I miss something?

Thanks again.

Angela

Thanks Oskar for the quick response - didn’t want to go crazy booking things and get a shock on the credit card. I did not appear to let me use OBC but before the sale I could, that seems different from other posts here - did I miss something?

Thanks again.

Angela

Sorry, I didn’t realise you have OBC and am not sure why it’s not letting you use it.

You could ring Celebrity first thing tomorrow to see if they can apply your OBC (I’m assuming it’s Celebrity OBC, not travel agent credit).

In saying that, when does the sale finish? The only evidence I can see of the sale when I log on, is the changed prices. No actual mention of a sale anywhere. I would be keen to know exactly when the 5 days finishes.