No straws, what are my options?

phoenix1181

Yes, Improperly disposed of plastic is bad. Now show the natural forests and animal habitats destroyed forever due to the clear cutting of trees to make paper bags or the hazardous storage of leftover chemicals from making the coated-reusable bags that are so popular.

Yes, Improperly disposed of plastic is bad. Now show the natural forests and animal habitats destroyed forever due to the clear cutting of trees to make paper bags or the hazardous storage of leftover chemicals from making the coated-reusable bags that are so popular.

When i am on the Yogi the Bear forest message board I will post about clear cutting trees and everything you mentioned but we are on a cruise message board, cruise ships go in the ocean not in forests last I checked so I will keep my comments to the oceans

• 4 weeks later...
We brought stainless steel, and they worked great. No, we never ran back to our room to clean them. We would clean them at the end of the day, or if we happened to be back at our room in the middle of the day. The rest of the time, it would mostly move directly from one drink to the next, or get tossed into my wristlet. No big deal. I knew I wasn't going to die of some disease from my own straw if I wasn't completely sanitizing it after every use.

My husband just bought us both stainless steel straws and no lol we won't die of some disease from using the straw over and over again, then yes we'll clean them at night and get ready for our next day adventure! The straw bends four times into a small plastic carrying case ... even then we'll still use them till the end of the day. Happy sailing! Gloria & Rob (Sept 8 Bliss)

Buy the "smoothie" stainless ones. They're nice and big so that nothing gets stuck in them, and a quick rinse in any sink gets them perfectly clean. I always have one in my bag on land-I will now keep up the habit on the boat! The thin or curved ones are not as easy to clean. ?type=3&theater

Just bought a dozen colorful 'polka dot' reuse-able BPA free straws at World Market for $3.99.

I've also found an inexpensive travel tooth brush tube that will hold the straws nicely in my purse.

And to answer the question above, if someone will make me a Mudslide at home tonight, yes....I will need a straw! (Sensitive teeth)

Great idea about the toothbrush holder! I was wondering how to carry some paper straws around without them getting crushed. Also perfect for re-useable straws, especially if they just came out of a drink and need a place to go until you get back to your cabin.:)

Eeewwww NO WAY would I use a straw after it's been in a guy's pocket.

What, you don't like pocket lint garnish? ;p

Might I suggest a nice straw necklace instead? Cut them longer. :loudcry::loudcry:

https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b8fd7a3f114b324069a044ca1dffb68f/5BEBEF7B/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/35617326_2101868956755366_1616798335014797312_n.jpg

Plastic bags are going away whether you like it or not. Ca. has already banned them and it is working it's way across the US. I would love to see that scientific proof that I bet was paid for by a manufacturer of plastic bags.:D

Pat

This is incorrect. CA has not banned plastic bags. We no longer receive them for free in the grocery stores but we can purchase them for around .10 a bag. The money from the purchase goes into an environmental fund. I always purchase one when I have raw poultry/meat. The bags are actually thicker than the free bags used to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got some paper straws I found on Amazon ready to take next week to have stashed in my bag. They are wide gauge and heavier than average because my only drink of concern will be the thick frozen kind. In hoping they'll not collapse! DH gave me the giant eye roll when he saw them [emoji41]

I want to bring my own straws and a silver-coloured straw case on my next NCL cruise. The case is to prevent the straws from breaking or bending in my pocket. This way I can still carry around disposable straws with me and not have to worry about losing metal ones or bringing them back to my cabin. Also, I can impress people by opening up a shiny case of straws and handing them out :)

I want to bring my own straws and a silver-coloured straw case on my next NCL cruise. The case is to prevent the straws from breaking or bending in my pocket. This way I can still carry around disposable straws with me and not have to worry about losing metal ones or bringing them back to my cabin. Also, I can impress people by opening up a shiny case of straws and handing them out :)

:cool::cool: