What's on your wish list for the new Carnival mega ship coming in 2020?

Joebucks

If you didn't already know, Carnival has ordered two mega ships, 5,200 guest capacity, and 180,000 tons, set to be delivered in 2020. What would you like to see on it? Please do not come here to tell us how much you hate mega ships.

Here are some of mine:

1.) Upgraded pool - I would love to see a really nice pool like you would see at an upscale resort. Maybe even one with a grotto, or waterfall. The current pools are generally underwhelming.

2.) A "Central Park" - While I have not yet been on an Oasis class ship, I think it could be a nice addition for something similar on Carnival. I would love to see it topical themed. Maybe a tropical straw market with palm trees?

3.) More shopping - Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for it to be a mall. Nor do I know what I would even want to see. However, Carnival has already talked about partnering with more companies for more shopping options. It might be a nice way for them to capture additional revenue without having to really "force" anything on anyone. I wouldn't be mad either with expanded apparel options.

I have sailed RCCLs Oasis, and LOVED it! ESPECIALLY Central Park! I would love something like that on Carnival! As for shopping, just about all the shopping on the Oasis is too upscale for my budget—Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Coach. How about something that all the passengers can afford! It would be nice to fit a pool into the Serenity area, also. I have to wonder if Carnival will also add some of the huge Suites that the Oasis has. They have enormous Suites with huge balcony over looking the Aqua Theater, and some Suites are even 2 level. Not sure if these Suites can fit into the average Carnival cruiser budget, though. Certainly not mine! Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A properly sized theater for the shows and enough, well-trained staff to effectively handle 5,000 passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. I do not like the liquid lounge at all. I would also like more European cruises on Carnival.

Solo cabins would be a great idea. When cruising solo, I have been booking Royal Caribbean. I would rather book a real solo rate on Carnival than on Royal.

I was looking at the deck plans for AIDAnova, and there are solo balcony and interior cabins onboard. Given that the platform was designed for all brands, this should be reflective of what we see on the Carnival version.

Now the bad news: there are 18 of these cabins - eight balconies and ten interior, and they are scattered throughout the ship.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

For one very big reason you will most likely never see solo cabins. If they put say 100 solo cabins on the ship and only 50 solo cruisers book. They are stuck with what now becomes wasted space.

Norwegian doesn't seem to a problem with this, and they've been building ships with the single occupancy cabins since the Epic in 2010.

For one very big reason you will most likely never see solo cabins. If they put say 100 solo cabins on the ship and only 50 solo cruisers book. They are stuck with what now becomes wasted space.
They wouldn't put 100 solo cabins on a ship,much like Royal,HAL,Cunard and Celebrity, it would probably be less than 20 and they will never have an issue selling them out.

It's often hard to book a solo balcony on Royal's Quantum class ships beyond the first few months the schedules are released. The demand is so high and the pricing so attractive to solo cruisers.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

WHy would any cruise line put something on a ship they did not think would sell.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may be right, but inversely, how many people don't sail because there are no solo fares? I'd be interested to know.

I know personally, I'm not too fond of sailing solo on Carnival with the current pricing setup. Cut that fare in half, and now we're talking.