Mini bar set up

arubaaruba

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, GJCruiser said:

No. At least when I asked, it was not possible. Has always been Dos Equis.

I got Sam Adams last month, but in the past it was always Dos Equis. Doesn't hurt to ask when you call to get the booze swapped out, that's what I did.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Maybe this has been posted before, but the minibar setup we got yesterday on the Caribbean Princess was different from anything we have received in the past. Same quantity,  just different items. Cognac was Bacardi rum, different brands of scotch (Chivas) and gin (Bombay). Six oz cans of club soda instead of Perrier. Also small cans of tonic.

20220703_085749.thumb.jpg.5062286eb8dd791f8834ad0c6c7b26be.jpg

20220703_085845.thumb.jpg.aa2bd49329acfb391aa0540627aa8357.jpg

Edited by Jersey42
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 5:45 AM, caribill said:

You can swap for Diet Coke (Coke Light). I do not know if they have diet versions of tonic, but if they do, you can trade for those also. They also have diet Sprite you can trade for.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:54 AM, polmcs said:

Thank you. Diet Coke and diet Sprite works for me. I see that the gin is Beefeater, so I’ll pass on that, so no need for diet tonic now.

On the Emerald recently we could only swap for Diet Coke, they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about Diet Sprite.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, phabric said:

Can you change the beers in the mini bar to another brand of beer?

Yes, but it will depend on the bar prices as some labels considered "premium" will be excluded.  (This answer is at least correct up to the Covid pause in operations and don't know why it would be changed).

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

Maybe this has been posted before, but the minibar setup we got yesterday on the Caribbean Princess was different from anything we have received in the past. Same quantity,  just different items. Cognac was Bacardi rum, different brands of scotch (Chivas) and gin (Bombay). Six oz cans of club soda instead of Perrier. Also small cans of tonic.

Oh, oh.  No sparkling water???  We change all alcohol to beer and all non-alcohol to sparkling water.  Have no use for Club Soda.

17 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

Please remind me of how many of each (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) you get?

10 alcohol and 10 non-alcohol.  We are just off of the Caribbean Princess.  Changed out all alcohol for vodka and all non-alcohol for cans of coke.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh, oh.  No sparkling water???  We change all alcohol to beer and all non-alcohol to sparkling water.  Have no use for Club Soda.

I would still checkwhen you call to switch; this may be the inconsistent consistency thing again. 😄

• Like 1

We got no Rum and the Scotch we got was Dewars. (Bleh...) I can drink Dewars 12 or 15 and it's fine. Regular White Label Dewars <shudder> must be mixed with something as it's horrible straight (which is how Scotch should be taken). The Gin has been Gordon's. Not great but drinkable with the Tonic Water they provide.

Suppose to be 8 alcohol bottles and 12 cans, bottles of water. coke, beer, tonic, 

sprite, ect.

Whatever they are doing at the moment now it should be 20 total items.

This was still the way on March cruise, and I change them for what I wanted.

No problem. Guess depends on supply what brand you get on things. But still

should be 20. Guess I'll find out in a week.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Belle said:

Suppose to be 8 alcohol bottles and 12 cans, bottles of water. coke, beer, tonic, 

sprite, ect.

Whatever they are doing at the moment now it should be 20 total items.

This was still the way on March cruise, and I change them for what I wanted.

No problem. Guess depends on supply what brand you get on things. But still

should be 20. Guess I'll find out in a week.

I am not sure how shp specific the mini-bar supply is.  On the Grand, you get 10 alcohol (it was always 2 vodka, 2 beer, 2 cognac, 2 gin, and 2 scotch).  On my last cruise, I was surprised to see Jack Daniels instead of scotch.  I'd love to see run and Chivas.  

With the drink package, you really don't need the mini-bar (hush...I'm not making a suggestion to Princess).  Had more than I could consume or cared to take home.  Most went to the crew.

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not sure how shp specific the mini-bar supply is.  On the Grand, you get 10 alcohol (it was always 2 vodka, 2 beer, 2 cognac, 2 gin, and 2 scotch).  On my last cruise, I was surprised to see Jack Daniels instead of scotch.  I'd love to see run and Chivas.  

With the drink package, you really don't need the mini-bar (hush...I'm not making a suggestion to Princess).  Had more than I could consume or cared to take home.  Most went to the crew.

Not everyone has the drinks package. We didn’t,  I don’t drink and OH has perhaps 1 drink a day. So the mini bar came in handy 

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I had Princess Plus on my last cruise and still enjoyed having the minibar items. I drank the beers even though I could have easily ordered more from room service. I brought home the mini liquors and use them in cooking. It's too bad they were out of Courvoisier that cruise.