Johnny Rockets Milkshake now part of drink package.

When I'm on board and have a craving for a milk shake I'll take a Mudslide over JR's shake any day. ;p

EO554CwqaAR8-VJY562nUq15XnM-2GOw4uBNnMMifOf4fQNQU_FZHkstqU5Nr_NqVmLVIQDcuVX_UiDFQMWUkinj_4jt_vL9P5uqJhjwM9l3qdY-mPR8u6n7vT1PU9B3UetCJ8uPAFUuvpaTe6y4XBje0I9Yvagz-9SHJiBXqqJRBlscCY6XGD8bLgInUngQzWOQkZ3qcnA-9CfjLWEvMRFTIs1FT4zDMUDnaaqG8OCChdj5zQgfaIa88Qt0qjYzKN3V0vnqa2IpruPe7xY4duKeiaPyFEx4F98RTaUx_vXGioyMb6T5Od2g1FNOJ1oURZvJWAfqu4N3ZuLtFkbZOTxcGbdh93W11Oy0oeXN_-l3cYDdV6ncM541eSi7JjFCQAEvIFeZnGLKKJ1PHPMbACMSAIt6470GU77GkYXn6_doSL0X7NajL-r295N_FIwsQFqaFKmKa3jvSgp8gIPmvsFMTx5-52N51L7B02MrSGj8xwzObIhUD-xF20lH17Dv_o59F2JcvQhvstBm70J1DPLCnvwWmo60bIxmGBXIDryuC5jHKMPQTvpbSj_yn2l3hqOHo0T7e10t7JZ47Flj6ZC2cwF2A56JwTAZNWM=w368-h766-no

DD said the same thing, since she can't have JR milkshakes -- she has celiac, & they can't guarantee no cross contamination :(

But people HAVE quit going - from what I'm hearing, people have been reporting seeing JR's mostly empty for the length of their cruise whenever they walk by it. I know it was mostly empty on Liberty last year when I was on my cruise. Royal appears determined to go down with this ship ... um .... figuratively speaking, of course.

And therefore the explanation for and the title of this thread ,

"Johnny Rockets Milkshake now part of drink package "

If this doesn't work to fill up J Rockets, they will come up with another scheme .

And therefore the explanation for and the title of this thread ,

"Johnny Rockets Milkshake now part of drink package "

If this doesn't work to fill up J Rockets, they will come up with another scheme .

I would go for half that price, otherwise I'm eating for "free" in the dining room or the buffet.

Where are the mudslides available?? I need to get one!

Cody

Available at any bar on any ship. :D

It is an alcoholic frozen drink with Vodka, Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream and they will drizzle chocolate sauce on the inside of the glass an adult milkshake. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm goooood!!! <3

Available at any bar on any ship. :D

It is an alcoholic frozen drink with Vodka, Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream and they will drizzle chocolate sauce on the inside of the glass an adult milkshake. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm goooood!!! <3

That sounds amazing!!! So glad I have the UB package. I’m getting one a day lol!

Cody

For an adult type milkshake the BBC is also pretty decent, I personally don't care all that much for the Kahlua in the Mudslide, but one every now and again isn't too bad.

And BBC = ??? :confused:

Back on the subject of Milkshake shakes, I think on my next cruise in a few day's I'll do a side by side taste comparison of the JR's shake versus the Ben & Jerry's Shake. From what I've read the JR shake is made with the same mix that they use for the ice cream on the pool deck whereas Ben & Jerry's uses actual ice cream.

Stay tuned for a facebook live broadcast. :p

Does anyone know for certain if Johnny Rockets uses/scoops real ice cream for their milkshakes??

I would be very surprised if they did not, since they were pretty good. It did not taste like soft serve when we got ours. Ben and Jerry's was better (my wife really like ice cream), but JR was very good.

And BBC = ??? :confused:

Back on the subject of Milkshake shakes, I think on my next cruise in a few day's I'll do a side by side taste comparison of the JR's shake versus the Ben & Jerry's Shake. From what I've read the JR shake is made with the same mix that they use for the ice cream on the pool deck whereas Ben & Jerry's uses actual ice cream.

Stay tuned for a facebook live broadcast. :p

Baileys, Banana, Colada (and rum)

That would be too bad on the JR Shake, really they are only good in thick and real ice cream. I hate runny shakes - like drinking flavored milk.

I would go for half that price, otherwise I'm eating for "free" in the dining room or the buffet.

It WAS half that price not all that long ago. Personally, I still did not find it worthy of a $4.99 up charge. $9.99 is laughable. I've got a JR's near my house and I can eat there for less than that.

Gotta love corporate communications! Just received this from RCL Office Germany:

„Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the milk shakes from Johnny Rocket's are not included in any

beverage packages.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards

L. H.

Reservations Department – Germany, Austria & Switzerland

Royal Caribbean International“

Now I‘m sending them the screenshots from the updated package description and the answer from RCI US. Wonder what they will say about it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

They use real ice cream. When you order one, you can watch them make it. It's vanilla ice cream from a huge cardboard barrel-type container and they add chocolate syrup for chocolate milk shake. I only order chocolate, so I don't know, what other flavours are available and if they use different syrups for those. And you can have it as a malt as well, if you ask. Even better!

This will be my first time on Royal and I'm trying to understand why this venue costs $10 to eat there? Isn't it just burgers and fries and hotdogs? I get that it's cute, but it hardly seems worth $10! More factoring the exchange for us poor Canadians. There was definitely no mention anywhere of milkshakes being included on my refreshment package and it seems hardly worth $10 just to be able to get a free milkshake that may or may not be free depending on who you talk to. And if I'm paying 10 bucks, why isn't that included in that surcharge? I'm assuming they classify it in the same category as an alcoholic beverage at another venue.

Reading a bit about JRs, sounds to me as though Royal would do better to make it half that price. Probably attract more people and families with younger kids. Or make it a la carte, but with 1950s pricing or something similar. Two for one milkshakes would be good!

I like your 1950’s pricing idea. Around here JR is just an overpriced shopping mall venue. While the burgers aren’t bad they are nothing special and for the same price you can have a better meal in a diner. We have a 1950’ themed restaurant that was actually opened in the 50’s. They have homemade ice cream and pies. A cheese burger and fries goes for $8.99. I think the cruise ship JR hype comes from those who have limited venues at home and they get caught up in the 50’s theme. The food is not worth $10 on a cruise ship that you already gave money to for your meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I just messaged Royal about the milkshakes. They are part of both the deluxe & refreshment package. But you have to dine in.

It doesn’t say that when you read what’s included in the package. If u read it you think you can go and just get a milkshake. Like you go to the bar and get a drink.

It’s bad enough that they raised the prices. I remember when it was free. Then $4.95. Now almost $10. If I pay for the drink package and it says it’s included I shouldn’t have to pay $10 for it to be included.

It’s bad enough that they raised the prices. I remember when it was free. Then $4.95. Now almost $10. If I pay for the drink package and it says it’s included I shouldn’t have to pay $10 for it to be included.

Says who.... I don’t think Royal agrees with you.

At least their free with DP if you dine in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums