Johnny Rockets Milkshake now part of drink package.

I called RC today and they said they updated the info on the JR milkshake TODAY. It's for both refresh and the alcohol package, but you have to be DINING in for it to be free....knew there had to be a catch...

So much for the long take-out line.

The "new-beverage-flyer-cruise-planner.pdf" on their website (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/new-beverage-flyer-cruise-planner.pdf) is still dated 06/10/2016 and doesn't mention the milkshakes yet.

Also, on the other website, it's still only mentioned for the Deluxe package, of course without any limitations regarding to be paired with a meal.

Thanks! I will do this!

Print this page and take it with you. There is absolutely no * beside where it says they are included! I would fully expect them to honor this since it is on their website!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/beverage-packages

• Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Wines by the glass
  • Fresh squeezed juices / Non-alcoholic cocktails
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Milkshakes at Johnny Rockets
  • Fountain sodas / Coca-Cola Freestyle® beverages
  • Coca-Cola® souvenir cup included

I called RC today and they said they updated the info on the JR milkshake TODAY. It's for both refresh and the alcohol package, but you have to be DINING in for it to be free....knew there had to be a catch...
Ah ha ! Still as catches go this is reasonable . Now we get to figure out what qualifies as DINING . :D

I knew I was on to something in my comment. post #40.

I called Royal because it doesn't list that Johnny Rockets milkshakes were included on my cruise planner on our 2019 cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I was told that the milk shakes are NOT included on Freedom of the Seas or that class of ships (which makes no since to me) She had no explanation as to why not but said it was included in the DELUXE Drink package only on other ships. Hopefully they will get this all straight before our cruise next spring!

It’s in the refreshment package too, I have it in writing from them.

Today (7/31/2018) I checked the Cruise Planner for my May 18, 2019 sailing on the Symphony and it doesn't say anything about Johnny Rocket's milkshakes for either the Beverage Package nor the Refreshment package. I plan on getting the Refreshment package so I hope that changes!

Just as I figured. It appears they are using the shakes (free) to create traffic flow. JR always seemed to have little to no action when we walked by and peeped in. Raising the cover must've taken a toll on an already poor traffic flow.

And how weird is it that one can take a drink from bar to bar but one can't take a milkshake out of JR ?

... And how weird is it that one can take a drink from bar to bar but one can't take a milkshake out of JR ?

Well,I'll bet that shakes can be taken out of JR, as long as the meal cover charge is also paid.

How does this work with the Boardwalk Balcony soda package given out for certain bookings on Oasis and Allure? Is that basically the Refreshment package or soda only for that promo?

No, that’s the soda package that the BW balconies get for all bookings.

The soda package includes soda only and is priced about $9 a day. The refreshment that includes all non alcoholic drinks is $26 a day or regularly on sale at $18 a day.

Its for both refreshment and deluxe. I asked via Royal via messenger,

Doesn‘t mean of course that the rep who gave you the answer via messenger had his informations straight :-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Doesn‘t mean of course that the rep who gave you the answer via messenger had his informations straight :-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I had her double check! She went off and asked her supervisor to make sure.

Doesn't mean of course that the rep who gave you the answer via messenger had his information straight

It does seem that they are inclined to tell you what they think you want to hear - not what is necessarily true.

It does seem that they are inclined to tell you what they think you want to hear - not what is necessarily true.

First she said it was just for deluxe, I said I read differently on fb, that someone posted an email from Royal saying both. She said hold on, since it’s a new change, she’ll check. She came back in a few minutes and confirmed that it’s included in both refreshment and deluxe. Considering the value prop of deluxe is that’s its everything in refreshment package, plus alcohol, makes sense that it would be in refreshment package as well