Johnny Rockets Milkshake now part of drink package.

I'd be very surprised if this changes the food part of the business much. I expect to see a line for takeout shakes now.

I think people will be eating less food after drinking those 890 calorie (I googled) milkshakes. They'll sell more drinks packages and won't need to serve as much food. Those tiny MDR portions will fill you up after a shake or two.

On the Quantum class there is no cover charge. Everything is A La Carte.

Good point, should be interesting hearing how the milkshake thing works on on Quantum. Maybe some sort of minimum charge.

In my experience*, the milkshakes at Johnny Rockets are made from ice cream and are very thick.

* I had one on Anthem of the Seas and it was more like chilled chocolate milk than a milkshake. I'm assuming that one was an anomaly.

What we would like to do is turn milkshakes into a meal replacement. We wonder if we took little plastic containers of Muscle Milk powder with us on-board, would Johnny Rockets blend it into our milkshakes?

On second thought, probably some food safety regulation would nix this notion. So we'll just stir it in ourselves after being served.

Edited by Oak Hill Cruisers
Appearance

I wouldn't drink one every day, but knowing I could have one or two during the week would be nice. We get the free meal there with the boardwalk balcony, so I guess we can use it then. Also I read the deluxe dining package could also eat there for lunch, so again if we chose we could go again.

I wouldn't pay to eat there regularly just to get a free milkshake though - especially if I am not wanting the food. There aren't any marks next to the drinks on the listing, which should be included if there was some kind of stipulation.

sorry to hijack but quick sort of related question...on my cruise planner it shows the Deluxe package at $50pp pd - the Package plus 1 device of Voom and Stream is $61 so good deal being that the Voom 1 device is $19.99 a day if bought separately - would that mean if DH and I both bought the Combo of Deluxe and Voom then we each get the 1 device Voom - not sure if it's limited to 1 person in each cabin? or but the number of Bev Packages bought.

sorry to hijack but quick sort of related question...on my cruise planner it shows the Deluxe package at $50pp pd - the Package plus 1 device of Voom and Stream is $61 so good deal being that the Voom 1 device is $19.99 a day if bought separately - would that mean if DH and I both bought the Combo of Deluxe and Voom then we each get the 1 device Voom - not sure if it's limited to 1 person in each cabin? or but the number of Bev Packages bought.

No limit, you can each buy the combo package.

This will be my first time on Royal and I'm trying to understand why this venue costs $10 to eat there? Isn't it just burgers and fries and hotdogs? I get that it's cute, but it hardly seems worth $10! More factoring the exchange for us poor Canadians. There was definitely no mention anywhere of milkshakes being included on my refreshment package and it seems hardly worth $10 just to be able to get a free milkshake that may or may not be free depending on who you talk to. And if I'm paying 10 bucks, why isn't that included in that surcharge? I'm assuming they classify it in the same category as an alcoholic beverage at another venue.

Reading a bit about JRs, sounds to me as though Royal would do better to make it half that price. Probably attract more people and families with younger kids. Or make it a la carte, but with 1950s pricing or something similar. Two for one milkshakes would be good!

This will be my first time on Royal and I'm trying to understand why this venue costs $10 to eat there? Isn't it just burgers and fries and hotdogs? I get that it's cute, but it hardly seems worth $10! More factoring the exchange for us poor Canadians. There was definitely no mention anywhere of milkshakes being included on my refreshment package and it seems hardly worth $10 just to be able to get a free milkshake that may or may not be free depending on who you talk to. And if I'm paying 10 bucks, why isn't that included in that surcharge? I'm assuming they classify it in the same category as an alcoholic beverage at another venue.

Reading a bit about JRs, sounds to me as though Royal would do better to make it half that price. Probably attract more people and families with younger kids. Or make it a la carte, but with 1950s pricing or something similar. Two for one milkshakes would be good!

Around here Johnny Rockets has a few locations. I've eaten at the nearest one a few times. I'd pay $10 a day to have it nowhere near me. It's terrible. I don't understand why anyone would want it on a ship, let alone be willing to pay more to eat at it. People are people. Diverse, and sometimes [oftentimes] not very logical. I'll give them credit for sometimes creating a nice "classic" atmosphere, but the food does not live up to it in any way at all. :)

Around here Johnny Rockets has a few locations. I've eaten at the nearest one a few times. I'd pay $10 a day to have it nowhere near me. It's terrible. I don't understand why anyone would want it on a ship, let alone be willing to pay more to eat at it. People are people. Diverse, and sometimes [oftentimes] not very logical. I'll give them credit for sometimes creating a nice "classic" atmosphere, but the food does not live up to it in any way at all. :)
The JR's nearest to us is pretty tasty. We don't go often, though, because it's 30 minutes away. Would love to have one closer to home.

LOL that's the way I feel about Harvey's!

Because they can, I guess.

I guess they will continue to raise prices until people quit going.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because they can, I guess.

I guess they will continue to raise prices until people quit going.

But people HAVE quit going - from what I'm hearing, people have been reporting seeing JR's mostly empty for the length of their cruise whenever they walk by it. I know it was mostly empty on Liberty last year when I was on my cruise. Royal appears determined to go down with this ship ... um .... figuratively speaking, of course.

But people HAVE quit going - from what I'm hearing, people have been reporting seeing JR's mostly empty for the length of their cruise whenever they walk by it. I know it was mostly empty on Liberty last year when I was on my cruise. Royal appears determined to go down with this ship ... um .... figuratively speaking, of course.

Maybe a way for Royal to get out of their contract with JR and add another revenue generating venue.

Quite the opposite on Oasis class ships. It's been quite busy. That may be due in part to a meal there being included with the Boardwalk balconies.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app