Johnny Rockets Milkshake now part of drink package.

I agree with mommao729. If I’m paying for unlimited beverages, it shouldn’t be contingent on me purchasing something else. That is the same as if Sabor made everyone dine there if you wanted a margarita.

But I agree with you Milwaukee, Royal does not agree with some consumers. More-so, it’s Johnny Rockets that does not agree with honoring the packages without receiving some kind of income.

In this situation I am the consumer and not an executive at Royal or JR so I obviously would prefer the situation in my favor.

I agree with mommao729. If I’m paying for unlimited beverages, it shouldn’t be contingent on me purchasing something else. That is the same as if Sabor made everyone dine there if you wanted a margarita.

But I agree with you Milwaukee, Royal does not agree with some consumers. More-so, it’s Johnny Rockets that does not agree with honoring the packages without receiving some kind of income.

In this situation I am the consumer and not an executive at Royal or JR so I obviously would prefer the situation in my favor.

So it wasn’t included on the Drink Packages. Then Royal added the milkshakes to the DP, providing you dine in JR. Nobody said a thing that they weren’t included. Now include them and so many complaints. Gotta love it.

Royal, people don’t appreciate your jester so you might as well remove it and put it back as it was.

Too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It wouldn’t be feasible to meet demand if didn’t offer it only to people dining in. Hopefully they still allow one to buy a shake from bar. It’s a one per cruise thing for me but would be abused and shared if everyone with package could get one the wait for one for those dining would be crazy.

It wouldn’t be feasible to meet demand if didn’t offer it only to people dining in. Hopefully they still allow one to buy a shake from bar. It’s a one per cruise thing for me but would be abused and shared if everyone with package could get one the wait for one for those dining would be crazy.

Yeah those shakes are definitely a once per cruise treat.

So it wasn’t included on the Drink Packages. Then Royal added the milkshakes to the DP, providing you dine in JR. Nobody said a thing that they weren’t included. Now include them and so many complaints. Gotta love it.

Royal, people don’t appreciate your jester so you might as well remove it and put it back as it was.

Too funny.

Gesture ? This gesture was done to goose traffic at a mediocre burger spot that is often very quite . It is not a kind gesture , or a funny jester . It was a cold hearted analysis of how they can improve their bottom line short of returning Rockets to no cover charge . And yet loyal royals think others are being ungrateful .

Too funny indeed .

Gesture ? This gesture was done to goose traffic at a mediocre burger spot that is often very quite . It is not a kind gesture , or a funny jester . It was a cold hearted analysis of how they can improve their bottom line short of returning Rockets to no cover charge . And yet loyal royals think others are being ungrateful .

Too funny indeed .

Isn’t Royal a publicly traded company. A business to make money for their stockholders??

I guess you are not a fan of capitalism.

Maybe they should just let everyone go for free, drink for free, milkshakes for everyone.

Isn’t Royal a publicly traded company. A business to make money for their stockholders??

I guess you are not a fan of capitalism.

Maybe they should just let everyone go for free, drink for free, milkshakes for everyone.

Love capitalism, especially the stock market. Not crazy about fanboys . To quote one

"Royal, people don’t appreciate your jester so you might as well remove it and put it back as it was.

Too funny. "

I agree . It sure is!

Love capitalism, especially the stock market. Not crazy about fanboys . To quote one

"Royal, people don’t appreciate your jester so you might as well remove it and put it back as it was.

Too funny. "

I agree . It sure is!

So which do you want. As it was before, not included with Drink Package, or as it is today, dine in required to take advantage?

I don’t think JR’s is set up to take a line of people wanting their milkshakes using the DP (DX) and not Dinning.

Are you just upset Royal raised the price on JR?

What is your remedy?

I think the best remedy is Royal to renegotiate the contract with JR to allow the milkshakes to be truly free on the DP. Of course this contract would cost Royal more and as any good faith business is, that cost would be passed on to the consumer. Would this raise the price of the DP an extra $1-2 or substantially higher, based on the consumer demand?

If it means I would have to pay $1-2 more a day for my drink package when realistically, I would drink one a cruise, then it’s not worth it to me. I would much rather just go get a mudslide drink from a bar that is included on my DP.

I do concede that my opinion is not shared by all.

Recently Royal Caribbean's Deluxe & Refreshment Beverage Packages changed to include shakes at Johnny Rockets. However, because of the unforeseen high demand that resulted from this change, RCL has already "modified" the program to the following.

A milk shake is complimentary for passengers holding a Deluxe or Refreshment Beverage Package ONLY if they pay the normal Johnny Rockets COVER CHARGE. If you have one of those two packages, and pay the cover charge, the shake is free whether you are dining in the restaurant or taking the shake to go. If you DON'T pay the cover charge, and want the shake to go, they will charge you for it...whether you have one of those drink packages or not.

This is the policy as of today's date. However, the RCL representative stressed that this and any of RCL's policies are subject to change at any time without prior notice.

Just for curiosity...does someone know what the current price is for a shake at Johnny Rockets? Thanks!

I was counting on getting one shake per day to put me over the break even point on my Deluxe Beverage Package purchaser! Maybe I will substitute the shake for a Kale and cucumber smoothie from Vitality Cafe per day instead. Hopefully THAT is still included with the beverage package and doesn’t require me to work out in fitness center first!

So

Too funny.

Gesture? It's called a loss leader. You offer something free to drive the business. In this case you have to buy something to receive the shake free. In the long run it isn't really free unless you purchase a drink package.