Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

That's annoying, Lois.  I thought it was only in the UK that we had these sort of problems, and that your lot would be super-efficient!  We have so much delivered nowadays, and  the only really good ones are the Royal Mail, who come when they have said.  Hermes are absolutely pathetic and infuriating, and I wish some of these companies would not use them.  I hate having to listen out for them until 9 at night, when I am usually a few drinks ahead of the game.

I am sure you will love it, when it finally arrives, a bit like waiting for the ideal man, even better when he actually turns up.

Lola

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lincslady said:

That's annoying, Lois.  I thought it was only in the UK that we had these sort of problems, and that your lot would be super-efficient!  We have so much delivered nowadays, and  the only really good ones are the Royal Mail, who come when they have said.  Hermes are absolutely pathetic and infuriating, and I wish some of these companies would not use them.  I hate having to listen out for them until 9 at night, when I am usually a few drinks ahead of the game.

I am sure you will love it, when it finally arrives, a bit like waiting for the ideal man, even better when he actually turns up.

Lola

LOL...Lola, thanks for making me smile😃....I have not had a man in my life for years and years

and I am thinking the new bed will be better LOL.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

JP

This discussion of multicolored gins and wines makes me think of king George and porphyria. I know its a loose association...

Madness!

In porphyria, it's not just the wine that is multi-colo(u)red... Back in the day, we had to memorize those diseases. Now we have online databases on our smartphones! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

make a nice grasshopper after dinner.

Forgot all about Grasshoppers!  Creme de Menthe on the shopping list.

Blue Nun was my introduction to white wine, and the beginning of a long relationship.

Vandermint liqueur just popped into mind; wonder if it is still available?  Might taste too sweet now, but back when, it was a relatively low calorie replacement for real dessert.

Edited by QueSeraSera
punctuation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Blue Nun was my introduction to white wine, and the beginning of a long relationship.

Vandermint liqueur just popped into mind; wonder if it is still available?  Might taste too sweet now, but back when, it was a relatively low calorie replacement for real dessert.

I seem to remember a very unpleasant experience with Grasshoppers.   Moderation has never been my motto.   I'm still fine tuning that! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Don’t forget the white crème de cacao!

14 minutes ago, mysty said:

I seem to remember a very unpleasant experience with Grasshoppers.   Moderation has never been my motto.   I'm still fine tuning that! 😁

If you want a really rich experience, substitute the cream and ice with vanilla ice cream!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Don’t forget the white crème de cacao!

If you want a really rich experience, substitute the cream and ice with vanilla ice cream!

Obviously you picked up on my problem with moderation Stumble!  😁  

• Haha 1

Hi friends, today was my birthday.......63.   I went out to dinner and got a surprise. A couple 

nearby picked up my tab.......I was getting ready to pay the bill and the check was there......and

then it was gone.  That was such a nice thing to do.    And so now it will be my turn to pay

it forward.😃.   I had steak medallions with a mushroom wine sauce and a side of fresh

broccoli and a glass of Pinot Noir........it was all delicious.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Still can't touch Southern Comfort due to one of my best nights ever that I can't quite remember  🙂

I can't either. Not that it's such a great loss.

Happy Birthday @Lois R! Glad you had a nice evening and dinner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mysty said:

When  I started dating ( back in the 60s !!) I didnt drink  beer ( still  dont ) or wine - I started with Grasshoppers  !!  That phased lasted many years till I slowly got on to  white wine !!  

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

today was my birthday.......63.   I went out to dinner and got a surprise.

Happy Birthday Lois  - 63  !!  I remember 63,   hope its a good year ahead for you .  

• Like 3