So, what ships are serving diamond drinks in the MDR at Dinner?

We prefer to bring our drinks in with us. The assistant waiters, who usually get the drinks, are so overwhelmed with their regular duties that taking them away to fill drink orders slows down everything else.

Gone are the days when you’d walk in and your drink was waiting for you at your seat.

That maybe the most dead on accurate statement I read today.

I don't know why they started allowing people to use them in the MDR at all. The idea behind the vouchers was for people ot use them in other BARS in order to alleviate some of the crowding in the lounges during Happy Hour.

I know no one asked that:halo:[/quotte

Because many Paxs were bringing drinks to the MDR from bars and the D Lounge.

Apparently you don't know why so there is no reason to explain. However, if I have a drink package could I order a drink in the MDR? Yes, so what is the difference whether i have 3 vouchers or a pkg?

Some DL POST that you should not take a drink out of the DL. Yet people do.

So, what you think or I think is not relevant. It is what each ship or MDR allows should be consistent.

I have read here that some ships are serving Diamond drinks 3 per night per person in the MDR for dinner. So, what ships have reported this happening?

Nobody took me up when I asked this in a thread.

JC

Just got off the Oasis, the Diamond Benefits letter left in my cabin it spelled out the 3 drinks vouchers can be use at any bars, specialty restaurants and Main Dinning Room from 4:30 to 8:00pm

Are the specialty restaurants on Allure accepting the drink vouchers?

Since you brought up Allure, I don't remember if the Rising Tide was one of the bars that would accept the Vouchers. From my always questionable memory I'm thinking it wasn't. Am I wrong? (again) With Symphony coming up, I was thinking it might be nice to drink right up to dinner time and have them drive me to deck 5. (I haven't looked to see where the DL is on Symphony yet)

On the eastbound TA on Freedom in 2017 on the first night in the MDR I got up between courses to get a glass of wine from the closest bar. When I came back to the table the waiter told me that I should not have done that and to just ask them. For the next 13 nights they made sure to ask everyone that was diamond and above if they needed any drinks before the time limit ran out. Those on a package or just paying for drinks were also asked and were/were not charged accordingly.

We prefer to bring our drinks in with us. The assistant waiters, who usually get the drinks, are so overwhelmed with their regular duties that taking them away to fill drink orders slows down everything else.

Gone are the days when you’d walk in and your drink was waiting for you at your seat.

Why would anyone want their drink in their seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you brought up Allure, I don't remember if the Rising Tide was one of the bars that would accept the Vouchers. From my always questionable memory I'm thinking it wasn't. Am I wrong? (again) With Symphony coming up, I was thinking it might be nice to drink right up to dinner time and have them drive me to deck 5. (I haven't looked to see where the DL is on Symphony yet)

Deck 4, same as HOTS. Like an inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are the specialty restaurants on Allure accepting the drink vouchers?

Yes on both Chops & Giovanni's. One night at Giovanni's we were a party of 9 (3 kids) and 6 of us were D or above. No bother with the 3 drinks as the wine kept flowing by our waiter. He was tipped accordingly. In addition to the wine and the main course, he brought out 4-5 different pasta dishes a-la family style. Desserts were to die for as he also brought many samples and a birthday cake for one of our guests. My goodness, never saw so much food.

Ps. Had the same waiter for lunch at Giovanni's for our free CP balcony promo.

No problem using our Diamond card to get a glass of wine with dinner in the MDR on Brilliance last April on the transatlantic.

WOW-We were on the ship for the TA and were denied ! (April 2018). Talk about inconsistency.....

We asked for one of the allowable cocktails on the third or fourth night and were denied. ( it was still during the cocktail hours. ) We didn’t press the issue or ask again.

M

WOW-We were on the ship for the TA and were denied ! (April 2018). Talk about inconsistency.....

We asked for one of the allowable cocktails on the third or fourth night and were denied. ( it was still during the cocktail hours. ) We didn’t press the issue or ask again.

M

Talk about inconsistency...we did a B2B cruise on the Jewel March/April 2017. First leg we were able to get voucher drinks in the MDR (MTD) every evening. Second leg, same table, different wait staff. We could not get voucher drinks in the MDR.

Talk about inconsistency...we did a B2B cruise on the Jewel March/April 2017. First leg we were able to get voucher drinks in the MDR (MTD) every evening. Second leg, same table, different wait staff. We could not get voucher drinks in the MDR.

Go figure. Guess different hotel/bar manager.

Very weird that my situation on the Brilliance and another poster’s situation was completely different considering that apparently we were on the SAME ship, SAME sailing, SAME hotel director, SAME MDR. We were not allowed to use our drink vouchers in the dining room but apparently the other poster was.

I’m guessing we had different waitstaff.

M